Cowboys sign OT La'el Collins

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Martin is special and yes Collins will be ok but Leary has been more than ok.

I'm just saying I don't think he will be handed the position don't you think he needs to beat Leary out?
:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Leary. But I've always been afraid of his knees. If they hold up for him, great. But I'm just happy we no longer have to hold our breath hoping they do.
A year from now this is huge too. It would have been a really tough decision on whether to resign Leary or not. With the knee it would have been hard to offer him the long term contract. With free agency there someone else surely would have. This kind of allows us to let Leary walk after this season. At which time hopefully Green has gotten strong and can start pushing Free.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Of course. Nobody has said to just hand the job to Collins and give Leary the finger. I along with some others just believe that in a heads up competition, Collins will leave no doubt he's better and win the job.

I like Leary. But I've always been afraid of his knees. If they hold up for him, great. But I'm just happy we no longer have to hold our breath hoping they do.
Then what the hell are you going on about all I said is it should be a good competition for the spot, you are the one bringing Martin up.

Cotton

Staff member
Really?

If Collins is the same he starts easily no problem but are you ready to say that now?

And let's not forget Martin was a higher ranked player going into the draft.

Don't try and turn this into me advocating for Leary if he gets beat out good but it's funny that you think Collins should just be handed the position.
I'm all about competition, but there were some pundits that had Collins in the top 10 before the crap with his GF happened.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Really?

If Collins is the same he starts easily no problem but are you ready to say that now?

And let's not forget Martin was a higher ranked player going into the draft.

Don't try and turn this into me advocating for Leary if he gets beat out good but it's funny that you think Collins should just be handed the position.
No, I'm not saying that, Mr Put words in everyones fucking mouth. You were talking about Martin doing well as a rookie because he's a once in a generation player. I only asked you if you thought that one year ago.

And show me where I even implied the job should just be handed to Collins. Making shit up like this makes you look even more stupid than you normally do.

Cotton

Staff member
Leave it to Jiggy to harsh the buzz.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Then what the hell are you going on about all I said is it should be a good competition for the spot, you are the one bringing Martin up.
Are you really this fucking stupid, or is this just an internet thing?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jerry closed the deal on this thing. Collins will be starting.

:jerry

Jiggyfly

Banned
I really like Leary. In fact at times last year he was downright dominant. I'm on the same page with you when it comes to Leary.

I think Collins is a pretty special talent though. He gets a Pouncey like comparison but I think he is way more powerful then either of the Pouncey brothers but is just as athletic.
We are on the same page all I said is it will be a good competition.

But I also think we might need to tap the breaks a bit Collins was not a Tyron or Martin type prospect .

Cotton

Staff member

But I also think we might need to tap the breaks a bit Collins was not a Tyron or Martin type prospect .
Where the hell are you getting this from? He was projected 15-25 almost all year pre-draft, and then some had him possibly going top 10 right before the crap happened.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No, I'm not saying that, Mr Put words in everyones fucking mouth. You were talking about Martin doing well as a rookie because he's a once in a generation player. I only asked you if you thought that one year ago.

And show me where I even implied the job should just be handed to Collins. Making shit up like this makes you look even more stupid than you normally do.
What does any of this have to do with my initial post?

You are the one looking stupid for taking this somewhere totally off topic.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Where the hell are you getting this from? He was projected 15-25 almost all year pre-draft, and then some had him possibly going top 10 right before the crap happened.
Go back and look at their rankings both were higher rated.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Anyway I am done on that topic who knew saying Leary would offer Collins competition would go there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Tyron? Probably not.

He is at least a Martin prospect.

Top Bottom