Music Thread...

Kbrown

Not So New Member
He also had the title song in Drive.

That Italian techno 1980s stuff on the soundtrack is very good. The Chromatics, College and Desire.
I'm not sure why it strikes such a chord with me, but it does.

It's probably my love of horror and the Nintendo. Kavinsky is like a cross between John Carpenter, Goblin, Tangerine Dream and the NES. A lot of fun.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm not sure why it strikes such a chord with me, but it does.

It's probably my love of horror and the Nintendo. Kavinsky is like a cross between John Carpenter, Goblin, Tangerine Dream and the NES. A lot of fun.

This is a little like early Tangerine Dream, with funky vocals.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Everything You Need To Know About Pink Floyd's New Album, 'The Endless River'

by Scott Baumgartner | 16 July 2014

Pink Floyd fans have been promised a new album.

Fans of the psychedelic rock band Pink Floyd are in for a promising fall. Apparently the iconic rockers have a new album on the way title The Endless River. Most interesting though, is how the news was announced. ]

David Gilmour's wife Polly Samson leaked the news via Twitter. She stated: "Btw Pink Floyd album out in October is called "The Endless River". Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful." Presumably, by "based" she meant that recordings from the late keyboardist Rick Wright (who died of cancer in 2008 at age 65) were beefed up with overdubs by Gilmour and Nick Mason. Samson co-wrote many of the lyrics featured on the band's 1994 album The Division Bell, so it's very possible she contributed to the soon-to-be released album.

Durga McBroom-Hudson, a singer who toured with Pink Floyd in the '80s and '90s, corroborates Samson's news via her Facebook page, even offering photographic evidence: “The recording did start during ‘The Division Bell’ sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled “The Big Spliff” that [Floyd drummer] Nick Mason spoke about). Which is why there are Richard Wright tracks on it. But David and Nick have gone in and done a lot more since then. It was originally to be a completely instrumental recording, but I came in last December and sang on a few tracks. David then expanded on my backing vocals and has done a lead on at least one of them. That’s the song you see being worked on in the photo.”

Rick Wright had a tumultuous relationship with Pink Floyd. In the band's early day, Wright did a far amount of singing and songwriting alongside Syd Barrett. He formally resigned from the band during the recording of The Wall after constant disagreements with Roger Waters. He stayed on as a live musician during the album's tours in '80 and '81. He officially rejoined the band 1994 for the recording of The Division Bell.

Roger Waters was not involved in the recording of this new album. His last contribution was on band's 1983 record, The Final Cut. It was reported last fall that Gilmour was hard at work on a solo album, although it's not clear when it will be released. The Sun is reporting that there are no plans for the band to tour in support of The Endless River currently. Warner, the band's current label has yet to confirm the release. According to Consequence of Sound, Pink Floyd's site Brain-Damage is said to be planning a formal announcement for the new album on Monday.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not sure who all may have seen this, but this is a music class that is taught my a man named Aaron Okeefe. His students are extremely talented. Here is a cover of Tool's 46 & 2. Just amazing.

Cotton

Staff member

God damn.

Cotton

Staff member

I officially now want to pee in her butt.

Cotton

Staff member

Carl

RIP Brother

Please tell me I am not the only one that enjoys this...

Carl

RIP Brother

Though I am sure, I am probably the only one that enjoys this..apologies to the men who married nags.

Carl

RIP Brother
[video]http://www.izlesene.com/video/prince-adore/5274937[/video]

I think everyone knows that Bowie and Prince are the two real musical genius of the last 30 years. So here is a taste of Prince.

hstour

Brand New Member
[video]http://www.izlesene.com/video/prince-adore/5274937[/video]

I think everyone knows that Bowie and Prince are the two real musical genius of the last 30 years. So here is a taste of Prince.
Kurt Cobain or Jack White might have something to say about that. Hell the resurgence of Johnny Cash in 1994 until his death in 2003 might be in disagreement.

Top Bottom