Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I can't fault Smitty for what he says about Campo. No one I've ever seen as an NFL head coach ever looked so out of his depth as the poodle.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I can't fault Smitty for what he says about Campo. No one I've ever seen as an NFL head coach ever looked so out of his depth as the poodle.
Nobody is faulting him for what he's saying about Campo. He's right. The guy sucked horribly.

The fault lies in how he's propping up Garrett in comparison. He's done absolutely nothing to deserve it. So he's won 3 more games a year. BFD. With a roster that's undoubtedly way more talented than what Campo had to work with. I'd love to see what Garrett would be serving up with the early 2000's roster.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
First Cowboys team in history to blow a double digit lead in under 5 minutes.

Iamtdg, you're slacking here.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Nobody is faulting him for what he's saying about Campo. He's right. The guy sucked horribly.

The fault lies in how he's propping up Garrett in comparison. He's done absolutely nothing to deserve it. So he's won 3 more games a year. BFD. With a roster that's undoubtedly way more talented than what Campo had to work with. I'd love to see what Garrett would be serving up with the early 2000's roster.
Doesn't matter all that much, too many hypotheticals involved. Garrett probably wouldn't have seen Quincy Carter as the kind of starting QB he wanted. Garrett would have been lobbying Jerry for a guy to fit his offense, not a guy to be "Like that there Donovan McNegro". Maybe we trade up for Brees instead of down for Carter and the rest is history.

You coach the roster you have, and you get the results you get. Garret is halfway between Campo and a good coach.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
First Cowboys team in history to blow a double digit lead in under 5 minutes.

Iamtdg, you're slacking here.
:lol

Sorry, had a staff meeting.

Let's see. First Cowboys team in history to give up 625 total yards.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
:lol

Yea.....who cares about recent history, right?

We were playing good football coming into this one...... Or something.
Yeah, just like in 2011 and 2012 (and 2009, etc.). Doesn't matter though. New season. History means nothing. And stuff. :unsure

Even throwing out the history/pattern for this team, I have no idea how anyone could have expected this team to finish out the season strong, take the division, and make the playoffs. Can't do that with a historically bad defense. That's what this is and has been all year, why would anything be different the last 4 games of the season? You can't consistently win with a defense that terrible. It just isn't possible. Can't even force a punt? Laughable.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
First Cowboys team to score 48 points and lose.
They haven't set this one yet, but they will. They are on pace to have allowed the most yards in NFL history in a single season.

Cotton

Staff member
2 hours ago called, and it wants its post back.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life

The fault lies in how he's propping up Garrett in comparison.
If it's true that no NFL head coach has "ever looked so out of his depth" as Campo, then it's also true that Garrett is not in the same zip code.

And both those things are true (well, maybe not "no" NFL head coach ever, but Campo is right there with the worst of the worst).

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They haven't set this one yet, but they will. They are on pace to have allowed the most yards in NFL history in a single season.
Only team in NFL history to allow back to back runs of 75 yards or more for scores.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
First team in NFL history to gain home field advantage and fail to win a game.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If it's true that no NFL head coach has "ever looked so out of his depth" as Campo, then it's also true that Garrett is not in the same zip code.

And both those things are true (well, maybe not "no" NFL head coach ever, but Campo is right there with the worst of the worst).
How is it true just because Campo is terrible, that Garrett "isn't in the same zipcode"
Just because one is shitty, doesn't mean the other can't also be shitty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom