Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I would actually be surprised if Garrett got another HC job right out of Dallas.
There's no way.

He needs to go work for a coach who he can learn from.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
More records! :towel
I wish someone would do the research and find how many records and/or firsts the Tony Romo era Cowboys have set.

It is unbelievable what this group has done to humiliate a once proud franchise.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You are the one saying Garrett is FAR better. I don't see anyone saying they are equal. Just people saying that you can't say that Garrett is SO much better.
There is no comparison between Jason Garrett and Dave Campo. Jason Garrett is a coach who is somewhere in the soft middle of NFL coaches right now who is simply not good enough to get a flawed team over the hump into the playoffs.

Dave Campo is one of the worst head coaches to ever plague an NFL team's sidelines.

I have no interest in the record comparison game. Wade Phillips won a playoff game, doesn't make him a playoff caliber coach.

Campo was complete dogshit.

Garrett is not.

That puts them in two different universes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wish someone would do the research and find how many records and/or firsts the Tony Romo era Cowboys have set.

It is unbelievable what this group has done to humiliate a once proud franchise.
I will start it off and we can roundtable this biotch.

-first team to ever give up 40 1st downs in a game

Cotton

Staff member
There is no comparison between Jason Garrett and Dave Campo. Jason Garrett is a coach who is somewhere in the soft middle of NFL coaches right now who is simply not good enough to get a flawed team over the hump into the playoffs.

Dave Campo is one of the worst head coaches to ever plague an NFL team's sidelines.

I have no interest in the record comparison game. Wade Phillips won a playoff game, doesn't make him a playoff caliber coach.

Garrett is not.

Saying it in more words doesn't make it more true. Which I believe it simply not to be.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Finally, some clarity from the old fucker.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Saying it in more words doesn't make it more true. Which I believe it simply not to be.
Pretending that they are close to try to prove a point doesn't make it true either. It's absurd.

It's like saying Rich Kotite is just as good as Ray Rhodes because Gruden went 11-5 once and never finished worse than 7-9 as the Eagles coach.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Garrett is not.

What exactly has he done to earn this? If any other coach for any other team had his EXACT same resume, you'd be laughing at him calling him worthless.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I meant in the NFL.
I kind of wonder how long he can be an OC even in the NFL. He may get a shot at it. If he's fired this year, Atlanta and Baltimore should be looking for OCs and they supposedly liked him back in '08. But if he doesn't do any better than he did here he won't have many other teams lined up for his services.

Cotton

Staff member
Pretending that they are close to try to prove a point doesn't make it true either. It's absurd.

It's like saying Rich Kotite is just as good as Ray Rhodes because Gruden went 11-5 once and never finished worse than 7-9 as the Eagles coach.
I thought we were done here.

Cotton

Staff member

And, there is the crux of all of our issues. Summed up nicely by your owner and GM.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What exactly has he done to earn this? If any other coach for any other team had his EXACT same resume, you'd be laughing at him calling him worthless.
I'd be saying he's not worth firing our current coach for, yes. I would not look at his resume and say that is a guy I'd expect to come in here and turn things around.

But I wouldn't be saying he's Dave Campo.

I'll take Leslie Frazier over Dave Campo. I'll take Norv Turner over Dave Campo. I'll take Wade fucking Phillips over Dave Campo.

Cotton

Staff member
God damn, reading that comment from Jerry infuriates the fuck out of me. I mean, we all know it to be true, but to see him openly admit it yet again really pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom