Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This game was not on Garrett or the offense at all...this was on Jerry and the defense. Laughable to try to find anyone or anything else to blame.
Here I thought he was the walk-around coach now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
End of the season, so I guess we can all agree now that Jerry is a shit GM.

We've wait and seen another year and the result is the same.

Heads are going to roll. Sad that it will just be followed by more terrible decisions.

D

Deuce

What exactly was your issue with him? He missed Dez into the wind, but outside of that he did his job.
104 passing yards for the game is doing his job? I don't think so. He needs to make plays when they present themselves and he sailed more than a few balls over WR heads and had that completely moronic spike on 4th down. Sure, pressure was getting there quick but just throw it up and hope to make a play. Anything is better when you give the team a chance. A spike didn't do that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
104 passing yards for the game is doing his job? I don't think so. He needs to make plays when they present themselves and he sailed more than a few balls over WR heads and had that completely moronic spike on 4th down. Sure, pressure was getting there quick but just throw it up and hope to make a play. Anything is better when you give the team a chance. A spike didn't do that.
He played scared yet again. More than once he did the fetal position dive. This one is definitely way more on the defense than the offense, but yeah, I don't agree that Romo had a good game.

Cotton

Staff member
McCown had a 141.9 passer rating. :lol

Wow.

Cotton

Staff member
Deuce, I appreciate you knocking off Rev for me. Allowed me to sneak into the playoffs.

Cotton

Staff member
DeMarcus Ware says he needs to play better
December, 10, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

CHICAGO -- At the end of a long, cold night in old Solider Field, defensive end DeMarcus Ware was honest about himself.

He needs to play better.

"Health wise, I'm fine, I feel good, I was running around out there, I didn’t get tired," Ware said after the 45-28 loss to the Chicago Bears on Monday night. "At the end of the day I haven’t been playing like the DeMarcus of the past and I got to get back to that. It's December (and) people always say the light turns on in December and you set yourself apart from everybody and I got to get back on track with that."

Ware ended a two-game sack-less streak with a meaningless fourth-quarter takedown of Josh McCown. Ware has six on the season and with three games remaining in the regular season, his string of getting double-figures in sacks is nearing an end.

It's not like Ware it getting double-teamed on every snaps, tackles Jermon Bushrod and Jordan Mills, a rookie, held him for most of the night. Now Ware is dealing with some health issues, a stinger and a thigh injury, but he said he's healthy.

"I've been effective, but I have to go back to the fundamentals of practice and honing in on things, keying on things and making myself a better player," he said.

Added Cowboys coach Jason Garrett: "He’s coming off that injury he’s been dealing with that for most of the year. It’s just one of those deals he’s got to get himself going and start impacting the game a little bit more. Sometimes the conditions are tough on a night like this to do that, but we certainly need him down the stretch."

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't do it for you. I was just wanted to give him a little pre-Fiesta Bowl taste.
You did do it for me, asshole!

But I am riding a 4 game win streak, so watch out.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I didn't do it for you. I was just wanted to give him a little pre-Fiesta Bowl taste.
LoL. I had CPU problems and couldn't remember which yahoo and password I had that stuff in. FML.

Can't wait to see Bortlesorwhateverhisnameis get the Lackey treatment.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
DeMarcus Ware is done.

If someone were dumb enough to trade for him, we would be wise to take that offer and run.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
DeMarcus Ware is done.

If someone were dumb enough to trade for him, we would be wise to take that offer and run.
Don't think he is done. Just think he doesn't belong in a 4-3. He is still capable of being above average when the tackles can't get their hands on him and he can use his speed.

Yeah I would take what I could get.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

Jesus Christ.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

:lol
Lujack was a Heisman winner from Notre Dame, everybody remembers that guy right?

D

Deuce

LoL. I had CPU problems and couldn't remember which yahoo and password I had that stuff in. FML.

Can't wait to see Bortlesorwhateverhisnameis get the Lackey treatment.
I hope Bortlesorwhateverhisnameis does what he did to Louisville earlier in the year and leads a last minute game winning drive. That way you have the feel like you were gonna win and then it's just ripped away from you. Similar to the feeling you probably had watching the Rangers in the WS.

BOOOOOOOOM!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
When there is a good chance you are going to get 15-20 yards on a run
There's not a good chance that happens. There is a slim chance, even with the success in the running game, passing was far more likely to pick up yards quickly.

In any case, that is yet another area that is coach discretion, exercised by other coaches on a weekly basis, and shouldn't be subject to hyperbole claims of "worst evar!!!1111!!!" just because it didn't work.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That was a pretty shit play, but overall, in that weather, with the success we were having in the running game (clearly reduced his numbers), I don't blame Romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom