Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I hate to agree with schmitty but he's absolutely right. There is no way you blame this loss on the offense. This is solely at the feet of this horrific defense.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I hate to agree with schmitty but he's absolutely right. There is no way you blame this loss on the offense. This is solely at the feet of this horrific defense.
Some idiots will try though.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I blame this loss on a shitty head coach, a shitty defensive coordinator, and an extra shitty GM.

Sums it up pretty well, I believe.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, it's horrific to score 28 points. :dunce

Meanwhile, the Bears never punted, and you think they are equally to blame. Too funny.
I know it serves your agenda, but are you honestly going to credit the offense for a garbage time touchdown from the backup QB and backup RB?

Hey guys, the defense held them on that last kneel down!

The offense scored about 14 when the game was still in doubt, 21 if you want to be generous.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I know it serves your agenda, but are you honestly going to credit the offense for a garbage time touchdown from the backup QB and backup RB?

Hey guys, the defense held them on that last kneel down!

The offense scored about 14 when the game was still in doubt, 21 if you want to be generous.
21 is not being generous, it was fairly early in the game still. Early 4th quarter? Or late third?

If you want to be honest, you'd think that if the offense could have kept running the ball instead of being down 28, they might have continued to score. But the defense saw to it that wasn't a possibility.

I think they absolutely would have scored 28 if the defense didn't let us down. But since I can't project that, they did in fact score 28. If we're adjusting for situations like garbage time, we should adjust for the fact that in a close game Romo would have been in there and probably scored again as well.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
This is 100 percent on Jerry. Ware is in decline and we have no pass rush. We gave Carr big money to be a shutdown corner and he's been avg at best. Lee is always hurt and the dline besides Hatcher are backups. You have backups on the line and backups at safety and we are getting shredded.

data

Forbes #1
Is that Jeremiah Ratliff a free agent this off-season? Git er dun, Jerruh.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
21 is not being generous, it was fairly early in the game still. Early 4th quarter? Or late third?

If you want to be honest, you'd think that if the offense could have kept running the ball instead of being down 28, they might have continued to score. But the defense saw to it that wasn't a possibility.

I think they absolutely would have scored 28 if the defense didn't let us down. But since I can't project that, they did in fact score 28. If we're adjusting for situations like garbage time, we should adjust for the fact that in a close game Romo would have been in there and probably scored again as well.

:lol They stopped running the ball long before they were down 28.

And no, you can't count 28 for the offense given the situation. You have no idea if the starters would have scored had that last drive been meaningful and neither do I.

But I do know Chicago would've played their defense differently. And I also know the offense wasn't lighting it up prior to the starters getting benched. They were nowhere close to keeping up.

Last edited:
Some idiots will try though.

Your an idiot, anyone with a brain knows that the offense and defense suck on this team!!! Sorry but with all the talent that is on that offense, and their shitty lack of execution is FAIL!! Yeah the defense blows, you could somewhat try and argue about the injuries which doesn't matter they still are horrible, but the offense is pretty much injury free and they can't do shit!!! Hell a halfway decent offense could at least keep up scoring on the shitty Bears defense!! Keep arguing just to do it and push your agendas, I mean damn this isn't a court room leave that shit at the courthouse!!!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol They stopped running the ball long before they were down 28.
I don't know about "long" before. The first time they got the ball after halftime, they were down 27-14.

My memory of that drive is that they ran it twice then Romo threw an incomplete on third down and they punted (so that's not "abandoning" the run). By time they got the ball again it was 35-14.

Maybe not 28, but you get the point. Down 35-14, you can't stick to the run. I don't see how thats "long before" they were down 28.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Your an idiot, anyone with a brain knows that the offense and defense suck on this team!!! Sorry but with all the talent that is on that offense, and their shitty lack of execution is FAIL!! Yeah the defense blows, you could somewhat try and argue about the injuries which doesn't matter they still are horrible, but the offense is pretty much injury free and they can't do shit!!! Hell a halfway decent offense could at least keep up scoring on the shitty Bears defense!! Keep arguing just to do it and push your agendas, I mean damn this isn't a court room leave that shit at the courthouse!!!
Gee, I don't see how I can respond to this well reasoned post.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
I don't agree. You can't give 45 and win. We never forced one point. How is that at all on Garnett or the offense? We ran out will we just didn't get any stops.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Solely? Uh no.
in addition to making a career backup look like Peyton Manning, they never forced a punt. They let the Bears score on every possession. Romo and company couldn't even get on the field long enough to get into a rrhythm what else could have been done?

data

Forbes #1
Romo Press Conference:

Romo: We got beat pretty soundly. They played well. Not going to be fun tape to watch

Romo: You always go into a game thinking defense/ST is going to play well. In conditions like that, you seldomly have games like that.

Romo: Obviously it was cold. You just block it out of your brain. We didn't have a ton of opportunities to do things - the few possessions we had. It was a game that got away from you.

Romo: We ran the ball pretty good. We executed some things well.

I don't agree. You can't give 45 and win. We never forced one point. How is that at all on Garnett or the offense? We ran out will we just didn't get any stops.
Yeah, because this offense is so good. It's the same offense for seven years, yet it's gotten progressively worse each year. It's predictable, they can't execute, and they commit penalty after penalty at the worst times.. Yes I know the defense blows, but those three and outs the offense had could have helped out the defense and kept them off the field for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom