Time to come clean: Are you voting for Donald Trump?

Time to come clean: Are you voting for Donald Trump?

• Total voters

shane

DCC 4Life
Wikipedia: "The preamble of the Constitution Party platform "gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States,"

No thanks. :outtahere
The platform and some of the candidates running for various positions nationally are a little kooky, but the Presidential ticket is very solid. A couple of liberty-minded Ron Paul kinda guys who hate the UN, Federal Reserve and want us out of foreign entanglements.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The platform and some of the candidates running for various positions nationally are a little kooky, but the Presidential ticket is very solid. A couple of liberty-minded Ron Paul kinda guys who hate the UN, Federal Reserve and want us out of foreign entanglements.
I don't necessarily agree with those things.

Regardless, having a platform of intertwining religion and government is a deal breaker for me. It also makes "Constitution Party" a misnomer because that's anathema to a core principle of the constitution.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't necessarily agree with those things.

Regardless, having a platform of intertwining religion and government is a deal breaker for me. It also makes "Constitution Party" a misnomer because that's anathema to a core principle of the constitution.
Good point.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The same could be said about Reagan yet he is some kind of conservative saint.

Trump also has a track record of underhanded political and ethical dealings.

See the hypocrisy?
Uh, no. When he was elected he had been governor of California for years. He had a record of standing for conservative issues and his ideas and ideals were well known. He was a converted democrat and told why often. Look up his speeches before he was elected on youtube.

cml750

Not So New Member
I will only vote for him as the lesser of two evils and I pray he is the lesser evil of the two. Anyone with a brain knows Clinton is a clusterfuck waiting to happen. Had trump not released his SCOTUS list, I would not vote for President at all only the undercard. Actually, I will make that president. I find it impossible to give the position the respect of a capital letter when it is shrillary verses trump (little letters on purpose).

Last edited:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'm not voting for him or Hilliary. I lived in NJ when he became "notable" decades ago and got sick of hearing about Trump this or Trump that. He was a blowhard then and he's a blowhard now. Plus, even if he was sincere about some of his assertions, Congress would never work with him if he was elected because he isn't one of *them*. He and Hilliary are both basically center left liberals. The only difference is, one is trying to run as a progressive liberal and one is trying to run as a moderate conservative. I don't buy one damn thing they say. IMO, both he and Hilliary are just running to fulfill their ambitions and egos.

I might just pass on voting this year for the first time since I was old enough to vote. I know, I know, it's your duty. No, my duty is to vote for the person most able to capably lead this country and I don't see that person running this year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Trump tried to buy the Cowboys in late 80s. At least that is one thing I can thank Jerry for.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm not voting for him or Hilliary. I lived in NJ when he became "notable" decades ago and got sick of hearing about Trump this or Trump that. He was a blowhard then and he's a blowhard now. Plus, even if he was sincere about some of his assertions, Congress would never work with him if he was elected because he isn't one of *them*. He and Hilliary are both basically center left liberals. The only difference is, one is trying to run as a progressive liberal and one is trying to run as a moderate conservative. I don't buy one damn thing they say. IMO, both he and Hilliary are just running to fulfill their ambitions and egos.

I might just pass on voting this year for the first time since I was old enough to vote. I know, I know, it's your duty. No, my duty is to vote for the person most able to capably lead this country and I don't see that person running this year.
I'm not voting, either. Both candidates are crap and a third party is a waste of time.

townsend

Banned
I think with Hillary you get a mix of the last 16 years, more interventionalism and invasion of privacy for the sake of "antiterrorism". Likely a short lived war in Syria. Continuation of our drone campaign in Syria, and bunch of trade deals that help murder our middle class.

That's still exponentially better than what's behind door number Trump. The guy can't even manage a campaign without bankrupting it. He can't just call a mulligan and file chapter 11 with US gov't. He can't bullshit and say "wonderful, tremendous, really great" when our national security is at stake.

Hillary is an authoritarian, with deep Warhawks tendencies. But she isn't going to need foreign policy and the economy explained to her with puppet shows.

I don't understand how people can be so lazy when picking their poison, just because it's unpleasant doesn't mean it's not crucial. You need to pick the poison you can feasibly recover from.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Wasn't Drumpf also a big player in the USFL? Another tanked project...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Wasn't Drumpf also a big player in the USFL? Another tanked project...
He owned the New Jersey Generals of the USFL back in the day. The "big splash" signing was Herschel Walker. I seem to remember Doug Flutie playing there as well but I can't remember if that was before or after he sold off his interest in the team. He eventually sold them to some oil guy. (Sound familiar?)

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
He owned the New Jersey Generals of the USFL back in the day. The "big splash" signing was Herschel Walker. I seem to remember Doug Flutie playing there as well but I can't remember if that was before or after he sold off his interest in the team. He eventually sold them to some oil guy. (Sound familiar?)
I checked and it's the other way around, the oil guy sold it to him. He then tried to go up against the NFL moving it to the fall, which was the move that bankrupted the USFL.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a41135/donald-trump-usfl/

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I checked and it's the other way around, the oil guy sold it to him. He then tried to go up against the NFL moving it to the fall, which was the move that bankrupted the USFL.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a41135/donald-trump-usfl/
It wouldn't be the first time I got something backwards, my memory isn't what it used to be. I do remember the USFL trying to move to the fall though. The NFL was already too big to go up against by that time.

Top Bottom