Rear slap gets ex-NFL star C. Johnson 30 days jail

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It is only four pages for those who don't know how to reset their posts per page.

HAHAHA YOU SUCK!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As always, it takes two to argue. I would not have posted nearly this long if someone didn't argue back.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm with Carp. Fuck that guy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It was his male lawyer, so it was more of an attaboy type thing, but considering the gravity of the situation...you know, being found guilty of domestic abuse...he might want to take it a little more seriously.
It was a guy? Damn, then I can see where people are saying the judge is going overboard. Yeah, he should be taking things more seriously, considering where he was at and why. But 30 days in jail?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's ridiculous. He reached over and while saying good job, pats him on the backside. He didn't have a big grin on his face while doing it, or look like he was trying to get a rise out of the courtroom. Looked to me like he did it without even thinking. Something he's probably been doing since he was able to participate in team sports. This judge over reacted, then looked like she felt trapped by her reaction, and instead of just chewing his ass for his actions, went forward with abusing her power.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That's ridiculous. He reached over and while saying good job, pats him on the backside. He didn't have a big grin on his face while doing it, or look like he was trying to get a rise out of the courtroom. Looked to me like he did it without even thinking. Something he's probably been doing since he was able to participate in team sports. This judge over reacted, then looked like she felt trapped by her reaction, and instead of just chewing his ass for his actions, went forward with abusing her power.
:buddy

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Four pages about this stupid shithead?
I could care less about Chad Johnson but this really has nothing to do with Chad Johnson. It could be Sally Smith who did this for all I care. That point remains that what the judge did was too far.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You wouldn't know this.... since you're not an attorney.... but generally when defendants want to show contempt towards the court, they come in with an attitude and mouth off and it's part of their schtick for the whole time they are there.
:lol

As a lawyer you have psychological insight into Chad Johnson's train of thought. Hilarious. You win.

I'm a lawyer!

Smitty

DCC 4Life

As a lawyer you have psychological insight into Chad Johnson's train of thought. Hilarious. You win.

I'm a lawyer!

Reading comprehension skills are key. I said "generally when a defendant..."

I'm claiming insight into how defendants behave, not Chad Johnson specifically (other than how he behaved in court).

Which I do have.

Now untwist your panties and admit you were wrong.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Chad Johnson to be released from 30-day jail sentence after one week

Former NFL receiver Chad Johnson, sentenced to 30 days in a Florida jail on June 10, has gained his release after apologizing to a local judge, per the Associated Press. Johnson was on the verge of a plea deal last Monday with Broward County Judge Kathleen McHugh, in which Johnson would have avoided jail time after probation violations stemming from a domestic violence charge. However, as Judge McHugh was getting ready to adjudicate the matter, Johnson playfully slapped his attorney on the backside, the Judge thought Johnson wasn't taking the matter seriously, and she sentenced him to 30 days in the slammer.

A week later, McHugh accepted Johnson's apology and released him.

When Terrell Owens, who played with Johnson in Cincinnati in 2010, went to visit his friend over the weekend, it was about as sobering as you might expect.

Terrell Owens ‏@terrellowens 15 Jun
Just visited the homie @ochocinco. He's in good spirits, he needs a haircut already tho. Lol. He sends his best regards to everyone.

Terrell Owens ‏@terrellowens 15 Jun
That was the 1st time ever visiting someone in jail & hopefully the last. That's not a place anyone wants to be regardless of how many days.

"I really didn't know what to expect but to see the homie locked up is a very humbling experience," Owens then tweeted. "To talk to him via vid conference let me know that's not where anyone wants to be. I know he's only in the county jail but to someone that has never been locked up...Jail is Jail!"

Owens later linked to a TMZ article in which Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi seemed to agree with those who believe that Judge McHugh overreacted.

"Although we never condone domestic violence, this event seems to question judicial temperament, not the subject matter before the court," Bondi is quoted as telling the website.

We tend to agree. Johnson may have acted outside proper court behavior, but 30 days did seem a bit excessive.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Owens later linked to a TMZ article in which Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi seemed to agree with those who believe that Judge McHugh overreacted.

"Although we never condone domestic violence, this event seems to question judicial temperament, not the subject matter before the court," Bondi is quoted as telling the website.

We tend to agree. Johnson may have acted outside proper court behavior, but 30 days did seem a bit excessive.
Lulz... even the DA thinks the Judge was out of line. Getting your "judicial temperament" questioned publically by the District Attorney on a matter where the Defendant was sentenced to MORE than what the DA asked for.... pretty serious abuse of discretion. The DA is usually happier the more strict the sentences are, so for the DA to speak up and question it publically you know it was bad.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've never watched the show or heard of her prior to last summer's incident, but from what I've heard about her, Evelyn Lozada is a crazy ass hood rat. The type that will get all up in her man's face talking trash calling the man every name under the sun. Will even go so far as to push or hit the man but who will then act shocked when the man pops them in the mouth.

Top Bottom