Thursday Night Chatter - Week 16 | Giants at Eagles | 12/22/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
only 4 times in franchise history? Never with Staubach? 1977 or 78?
'77, yes. '78, we lost to the Rams during the regular season so they were #1 despite finsihing with the same record.

It was only in '75 or '76 that the NFL started awarding home field advantage if I remember right.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Only way the Giants miss the playoffs is if the Lions beat us, the Packers win out, the Bucs win out, and the Giants lose to the Skins. That'd put the Giants in a 3-way tie with the Bucs/Lions with the Packers winning the division, and apparently the Lions/Bucs would make it.

Pretty far-fetched but I guess it isn't impossible, it would be sweet though.

Can't see them winning at Green Bay though with that offense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Beckham===>:laff<===Us

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only way the Giants miss the playoffs is if the Lions beat us, the Packers win out, the Bucs win out, and the Giants lose to the Skins. That'd put the Giants in a 3-way tie with the Bucs/Lions with the Packers winning the division, and apparently the Lions/Bucs would make it.

I actually don't care. I'd be perfectly happy playing that team in Dallas for our first game. I honestly think their shit offense would continue to play like shit. While our offense would start to roll being at home. Plus their defense seems to be getting a little beat up. Just like we don't want to face the Redskins for a third time, I can't imagine Dallas loses to the Giants a third time. We are just the better team.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I actually don't care. I'd be perfectly happy playing that team in Dallas for our first game. I honestly think their shit offense would continue to play like shit. While our offense would start to roll being at home. Plus their defense seems to be getting a little beat up. Just like we don't want to face the Redskins for a third time, I can't imagine Dallas loses to the Giants a third time. We are just the better team.
Garrett overreacts to the Giants for some reason. He gets too conservative.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garrett overreacts to the Giants for some reason. He gets too conservative.
Yeah and I think part of it has to do with the fact that the Giants have one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. The QB rating against the Giants defense on the year is 75.8. To me that is the most telling statistic for a pass defense and it probably scares Garrett. But frankly their 3.6 yards per attempt against in rush defense is pretty damn good as well so running against them isn't super attractive either. Add in the poor weather conditions last time we played the Giants and we got a bunch of 6 lineman sets and 1 WR routes. It's easy to cover that stuff and makes it hard for the QB to the get the ball off. Hopefully in Dallas under perfect weather conditions Garrett goes more aggressive and spreads things out.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Yeah and I think part of it has to do with the fact that the Giants have one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. The QB rating against the Giants defense on the year is 75.8. To me that is the most telling statistic for a pass defense and it probably scares Garrett. But frankly their 3.6 yards per attempt against in rush defense is pretty damn good as well so running against them isn't super attractive either. Add in the poor weather conditions last time we played the Giants and we got a bunch of 6 lineman sets and 1 WR routes. It's easy to cover that stuff and makes it hard for the QB to the get the ball off. Hopefully in Dallas under perfect weather conditions Garrett goes more aggressive and spreads things out.
I think if we face the Giants at home, it'll be like the first game of the season except Zeke will play much better and so will our defense. That should be enough to put us over.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

The Giants are pretty much a lock to get in. But what's great is the Redskins are most likely out even if they win out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Giants are pretty much a lock to get in. But what's great is the Redskins are most likely out even if they win out.
Yeah and I really hate the Redskins. It's also funny, we beat the Skins twice and lose to the Giants twice but I think I'd prefer to play the Giants. I realize that defies logic and may be dumb.

townsend

Banned
Yeah and I really hate the Redskins. It's also funny, we beat the Skins twice and lose to the Giants twice but I think I'd prefer to play the Giants. I realize that defies logic and may be dumb.
I agree. The Redskins played us at home, at our best, and we needed some lucky breaks to beat them. The Giants beat us by a point before Zeke and Dak hit their stride, and by a field goal when the NY winter had all but shut down our passing game. I think we have a better shot against NY in Dallas than any other NFC playoff team.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I agree. The Redskins played us at home, at our best, and we needed some lucky breaks to beat them. The Giants beat us by a point before Zeke and Dak hit their stride, and by a field goal when the NY winter had all but shut down our passing game. I think we have a better shot against NY in Dallas than any other NFC playoff team.
They have to get past the Lions before we play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom