Rolando McClain suspended 4 games

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We'll need him around if Sean Lee can't deliver once again.
Both are potential absentee roster fillers. I hope they can contribute this year otherwise the defensive lineup will have as many holes as a fish net.

data

Forbes #1
Can we at least have our players do their shit on rotation? Someone smokes out in summer to get suspended first four games and second player smokes out in the fall to get suspended in Nov...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Both are potential absentee roster fillers. I hope they can contribute this year otherwise the defensive lineup will have as many holes as a fish net.
Pretty much. I don't trust McClain or Lee. For different reasons obviously.

It's why we loaded up on LBs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Can we at least have our players do their shit on rotation? Someone smokes out in summer to get suspended first four games and second player smokes out in the fall to get suspended in Nov...
When I saw all these suspensions being handed out I was hoping that they'd finally got around to addressing Hardy's appeal as well.

My guess is that they'll announce their decision next week.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
When I saw all these suspensions being handed out I was hoping that they'd finally got around to addressing Hardy's appeal as well.

My guess is that they'll announce their decision next week.
Some "insider" on Twitter claimed he had sources that it would be announced tomorrow.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Some "insider" on Twitter claimed he had sources that it would be announced tomorrow.
They should have announced their decision by now. They announced the 10 game suspension before the draft, correct?

dallen

Senior Tech
Friday before a holiday? Sounds like a controversial announcement. Maybe good news.

townsend

Banned
Friday before a holiday? Sounds like a controversial announcement. Maybe good news.
I picture Goodell making the announcement, with sunscreen on his nose, kids sitting behind him, impatiently waiting for him to finish up so they can go to the lake.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is four fewer games this guy gets nicked up. Better early than late.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Babe Laufenberg: Time to seriously consider cutting Cowboys LB Rolando McClain

Babe Laufenberg Email brandonlaufenberg40@gmail.com

Published: July 2, 2015 4:06 pm

Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback and current radio color commentator Babe Laufenberg comments on linebacker Rolando McClain’s four-game suspension, which was announced Thursday, for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy .

What’s your reaction to Rolando McClain’s 4-game suspension?

Certainly disappointing on many levels. You are looking for signs that his troubles are behind him, but all signs seem to point to more trouble ahead. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, and McClain’s has been exceptionally poor. He is running out of chances.

What does this mean for the Cowboys defense; who needs to step up now?

It is certainly a setback. He really made a difference when he was healthy and his mind was right, but those moments were relatively fleeting.

Do you think we will see McClain come back after four games? Or is there a potential he could be cut, retire again?

Do not know if anyone can really answer that. I think he is always one day away from retiring. If I am in charge, I would be giving serious consideration to severing ties. As Don Shula once said, “We will tolerate you until we can replace you.” The time may have come that the Cowboys, like two previous teams, can no longer tolerate him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Babe Laufenberg: Time to seriously consider cutting Cowboys LB Rolando McClain

Babe Laufenberg Email brandonlaufenberg40@gmail.com

Published: July 2, 2015 4:06 pm

Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback and current radio color commentator Babe Laufenberg comments on linebacker Rolando McClain’s four-game suspension, which was announced Thursday, for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy .

What’s your reaction to Rolando McClain’s 4-game suspension?

Certainly disappointing on many levels. You are looking for signs that his troubles are behind him, but all signs seem to point to more trouble ahead. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, and McClain’s has been exceptionally poor. He is running out of chances.

What does this mean for the Cowboys defense; who needs to step up now?

It is certainly a setback. He really made a difference when he was healthy and his mind was right, but those moments were relatively fleeting.

Do you think we will see McClain come back after four games? Or is there a potential he could be cut, retire again?

Do not know if anyone can really answer that. I think he is always one day away from retiring. If I am in charge, I would be giving serious consideration to severing ties. As Don Shula once said, “We will tolerate you until we can replace you.” The time may have come that the Cowboys, like two previous teams, can no longer tolerate him.
There is some considerations to his statements that merit further thought. Especially his Shula quote.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is some considerations to his statements that merit further thought. Especially his Shula quote.
Thing is, we don't have a superior replacement we can just plug inside of Lee and Hitchens. It is not Brinkley. Or anyone else honestly...that is when the guy is healthy and can play.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Thing is, we don't have a superior replacement we can just plug inside of Lee and Hitchens. It is not Brinkley. Or anyone else honestly...that is when the guy is healthy and can play.
True. Currently it's cross your fingers time and start preparing to look for a permanent solution. That probably won't happen this season.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
When we signed Brinkey I said it was insurance for McClain going off the rails, Brinkley is a 2 down thumper who can play the run pretty well. He will never be out there in the nickel for us like McClain was, nor is he as good against the run as McClain, but he does give us a physical guy who can replicate some of what McClain does against the run in base formations.

I'd keep McClain around just to see what happens because there's no real benefit to cutting him considering his 1 year deal with low salary, although I'm not really concerned one way or the other whether he sees the field. He basically missed all of the playoffs last year and I can't complain too much about what our defense did.

Against Detroit we gave up 6 points over 3 quarters after adjusting and responding back to the 2 quick TD's on the first 2 drives of the game. Against Green Bay the defense was pretty solid aside from some throws that Rodgers made that maybe only a handful of QB's in the league could make.

And all of this was without Lee, if he can somehow stay relatively healthy I doubt we miss McClain at all. Gachkar can give you respectable snaps in either the base or nickel and if Wilson can have a similar rookie year as Hitchens our LB corps will be fine.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I'd keep McClain around just to see what happens because there's no real benefit to cutting him considering his 1 year deal with low salary, although I'm not really concerned one way or the other whether he sees the field. He basically missed all of the playoffs last year and I can't complain too much about what our defense did.
This.

Top Bottom