Conference Championship Round Gameday Chatter|1/19/14

data

Forbes #1
I've said Seattle since day one, and I'm sticking to it.

I know the 49ers are hot and I think they're going to play their best game at Seattle in 2 years, but in the end, I think Seattle's defense forces Kaepernick into a rough day.

I want Denver to win, but I'm thinking New England in this one. I have more faith in New England's defense than Denver's.
I hope to God Seattle takes this, but I think SF wins 23-17.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
My supervisor is a Steeler fan and is worried that SF will tie them with most super bowl wins. Thats something I doubt we ever have again.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My supervisor is a Steeler fan and is worried that SF will tie them with most super bowl wins. Thats something I doubt we ever have again.
Nope....that won't be a problem for us in our lifetime.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Mine are raised Cowboys fans. I figure at some point in their lives there will be hope and also if I don't, my wife and her family will raise them to be Eagles fans. No thanks.

This is essentially my dilemma. He's likely an Eagles fan if I don't raise my son otherwise. He'd be just as miserable, and probably an asshole on top of it.

data

Forbes #1
Unlike myself, my child(ren) won't be raised in Cowboys country and I do want them to be able to root for their home team, if they choose.

data

Forbes #1
Man...I'm actually getting nervous. No better weekend than Championship Game weekend.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've got Denver and San Fran today.

That Denver-NE game will be interesting. I don't think the Broncos have the tools to take advantage of NE's weakness which is their WR corps. Denver lost their best CB last week and their secondary wasn't that strong to begin with. Plus that Bronco pass rush can be pretty anemic at times.

That's why despite everyone talking about the Patriots rushing attack I think Brady will have a big day passing. I think he goes for over 350 with 3 TD passes.

I have the Broncos winning though. 38-35.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Suggs with an idiotic statement. Saying that if Peyton loses today he's not even better than his brother (Eli).

Very dumb statement.

I guess he went to the Shannon Sharpe school of QB analysis.

Terry Bradshaw won 4 titles and his name is never mentioned when best QBs of all time are discussed.

data

Forbes #1
I've got Denver and San Fran today.

That Denver-NE game will be interesting. I don't think the Broncos have the tools to take advantage of NE's weakness which is their WR corps. Denver lost their best CB last week and their secondary wasn't that strong to begin with. Plus that Bronco pass rush can be pretty anemic at times.

That's why despite everyone talking about the Patriots rushing attack I think Brady will have a big day passing. I think he goes for over 350 with 3 TD passes.

I have the Broncos winning though. 38-35.
38 points is a lot for a team that won't pass well.

1bigfan13

Staff member
38 points is a lot for a team that won't pass well.
I may have worded that wrong.

What I was trying to say is that New England's WR corps is weak but Denver's secondary isn't capable of shutting down that average at best WR corps.

That's why I think Brady has a big day passing.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I thought the Ravens had the best front office.

Not this year, huh?
Usually the Ravens are pretty smart about their personnel decisions but that Boldin deal looked bad when they made it 10 months ago and it looks worse today.

One of the main reasons the Ravens missed the playoffs was because of their inconsistencies on offense. If they'd kept Boldin they probably make the playoffs.

Meanwhile Boldin has been a catalyst for the 49ers 2nd half push. He's been balling down the stretch.

data

Forbes #1
Usually the Ravens are pretty smart about their personnel decisions but that Boldin deal looked bad when they made it 10 months ago and it looks worse today.

One of the main reasons the Ravens missed the playoffs was because of their inconsistencies on offense. If they'd kept Boldin they probably make the playoffs.

Meanwhile Boldin has been a catalyst for the 49ers 2nd half push. He's been balling down the stretch.
Boldin could've been a HOF candidate if Baltimore was a better passing team. In the same ballpark as a Rod Smith or Jimmy Smith.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't like taking both visiting teams, but I think NE wins with their run game and I just think SF is better than Sea.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hard for me to focus with everything going on in WV and NJ.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interesting the NFL opted for the Manning/Brady bowl as the early game. You'd think it would be the bigger ratings grabber.

Top Bottom