Coach Firings/Hirings Chatter

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Then you are a fool.

One has accomplished a lot as a DC and even a bit as a head coach.

The other? Well, he has been fair to middling at pretty much everything he has ever done.

Except being "Ivy League" and winning press conferences.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Then you are a fool.

The other? Well, he has been fair to middling at pretty much everything he has ever done.

Truth.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I can't for the life of me figure out why Bisaccia would be a HC candidate somewhere.

Genghis Khan

We were disorganized under Rob Ryan but I think people were a little hard on him here. I can't remember the last time people were happy with our defensive coordinator. I think the problem with Rob Ryan had more to do with our talent then it did with his scheme.
Agreed. The disorganized thing bothered me, but otherwise I thought he did ok here. A lot of people were happy to see him go, but not me. He dealt with a lot of injuries last season just like Kiffin did, except we didn't collapse under Ryan. People forget, but our defense was very good that year under Ryan until the injuries hit.

And maybe I haven't watched them enough, but I dont remember seeing all this presnap confusion on the Saints defense. Maybe there was something else going on here out of Ryan's control. Barry Church basically admitted that the team doesn't study enough. That's a cultural thing that needs to start at the top.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

That might be the case but what I observed with Ryan's schemes is that his secondary alignment was all wrong for the players he had. He used a recover scheme that had the entire secondary playing off the receivers from 8 to 10 yards at the snap. The idea was that they would recognize and recover by closing the gap thus safe guarding the long gainer. The personnel were always either too slow to recognize the play or too slow afoot to defend properly. The defense would give up 5 to 10 yards on almost every passing down. The result was that the opponent would continue to make first downs and able to score at will during a cover scheme. The players just never executed or adjusted to his game plan either because it was complicated or they didn't have the talent to succeed.
I don't think they started out that way. I think that was basically an adjustment due to injuries and having a bunch of players off the street out there.

Genghis Khan

Then you are a fool.

Yep.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Then you are a fool.

I'll take middling over complete collapse in 3 seasons.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll take middling over complete collapse in 3 seasons.
I thought staying mediocre only empowers Jerry. Making him think that we are only a lucky break or two from getting into the playoffs, where anything can happen? That only complete collapse will bring on change?

Isn't that what people bitch about, staying in 8-8 purgatory only hurts us?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I thought staying mediocre only empowers Jerry. Making him think that we are only a lucky break or two from getting into the playoffs, where anything can happen? That only complete collapse will bring on change?

Isn't that what people bitch about, staying in 8-8 purgatory only hurts us?
Oh, well, then yes, if the goal is to be the worst we can be to hurt Jerry, yes, then bring back Wade.

If I was running my own team, I wouldn't want him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh, well, then yes, if the goal is to be the worst we can be to hurt Jerry, yes, then bring back Wade.

If I was running my own team, I wouldn't want him.
Nobody said bring back Wade. No need for dramatics.

The point was being stuck at .500 Not bringing Wade back.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nobody said bring back Wade. No need for dramatics.

The point was being stuck at .500 Not bringing Wade back.
Well I guess I don't understand what your point is because we were talking about Wade. I said I wouldn't want him on my team. I thought that implied that if I was making the decisions, which would be in a Jerry-less fantasy world.

FWIW, I don't think I was one of those people saying that I hoped we collapsed, though in theory, its kinda true that its our only hope.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I can't for the life of me figure out why Bisaccia would be a HC candidate somewhere.
He has now interviewed with 3 teams for their HC vacancy.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

D

Deuce

:lol
What funneh did I miss?

Cotton

Staff member
What funneh did I miss?
He was interviewing for a HC position, and now has had to settle to interview as a position coach.

Carp

DCC 4Life
OL coach seems right for him...never understood him getting the HC job to begin with.

Top Bottom