2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Dude, believe me I get it. My school goes head to head with UF, FSU, Miami, USF and basically every other SEC and ACC school trying to poach FL kids.

What I'm laughing at is you can build a great team with just 3 and 2 star kids with some impact 4 or 5's sprinkled in if you pick the right kids and develop them. And being that its Texas, there are plenty of kids to choose from.
Tech defined competing with a bunch of nobodies in a power conference. They did it for a long long time. Yes I agree that you can build a solid program with guys like that. That doesn't mean that losing more of those battles than before if a laughable matter. It is pretty much crushing.

I don't think you do get it because your team generally loses about 90% of the recruiting battles against the teams that you listed. As a matter of fact, I don't think that you have one kid on your commitment list that has an offer from UF, FSU or Miami. Your main competition in state is mid major programs much like yourself. Right now you are in the conversation less against those schools than Tech is with UT and I don't even think we are in the race for that. The difference is that Tech has a leg to stand on against the school that I listed in state, so we are talking a pretty big difference here.

What you have to look at is the Texas top 100 recruits. These are the guys we are competing for. Tech cannot afford to see more of those players go to Baylor Tcu and the like. Settling for the idea that we ca win with 2 and 3 star guys is a dumb idea.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Kendall Briles is one hell of a recruiter. I hope he goes away really soon.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Nobody gave a shit because ND isn't remotely close to the same talent level as LSU or Georgia no matter who your QB is.
Ha, please. Alabama last year sure. Georgia? Not remotely close to freakin Georgia and Richt? ND will be closer to the playoffs then Georgia next year. Troll away dude. It takes time to rebuild a program that was way down. Making the National Title game last year was a fluke. Kelly is adding more and more talent. Next year will be his best team even without Nix and Tuitt.

ND is trending up and Michigan and Hoke are tending down in embarrassing fashion.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wow tremendous play by the msu db.
That was a great play. I love watching DBs that know how to play the football in the air. It's a declining skill in today's game.

D

Deuce

Tech defined competing with a bunch of nobodies in a power conference. They did it for a long long time. Yes I agree that you can build a solid program with guys like that. That doesn't mean that losing more of those battles than before if a laughable matter. It is pretty much crushing.

I don't think you do get it because your team generally loses about 90% of the recruiting battles against the teams that you listed. As a matter of fact, I don't think that you have one kid on your commitment list that has an offer from UF, FSU or Miami. Your main competition in state is mid major programs much like yourself. Right now you are in the conversation less against those schools than Tech is with UT and I don't even think we are in the race for that. The difference is that Tech has a leg to stand on against the school that I listed in state, so we are talking a pretty big difference here.

What you have to look at is the Texas top 100 recruits. These are the guys we are competing for. Tech cannot afford to see more of those players go to Baylor Tcu and the like. Settling for the idea that we ca win with 2 and 3 star guys is a dumb idea.
That's not true at all. We routinely go head to head and win battles. Our last 5 spots are being used to flip current commits at the big 3 and we'll probably win at least 3 of them.

And it's not just battles won against instate schools. Our QB has multiple SEC offers including Bama. Not exactly like recruiting against FIU.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Ha, please. Alabama last year sure. Georgia? Not remotely close to freakin Georgia and Richt? ND will be closer to the playoffs then Georgia next year. Troll away dude. It takes time to rebuild a program that was way down. Making the National Title game last year was a fluke. Kelly is adding more and more talent. Next year will be his best team even without Nix and Tuitt.

ND is trending up and Michigan and Hoke are tending down in embarrassing fashion.
ND will not be anywhere near the playoff system. Put your mortgage on it. You don't have the speed or the talent. I can list a minimum of 10 teams that will have a better chance to get there than the Irish.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You currently have zero commits with offers from the big 3.

I like to have fun and take digs at your program but I truly respect what ucf is doing. I'm not trying to dog out the program because you guys are doing well. But come on deuce, you aren't competing for for recruits with the big 3. Not at all. They are blowing your doors off.

But you do have some nice pick ups though. No doubt great players that I would take.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Good luck to Baylor and UCF. Biggest game ever for both programs. I'll be glued to the tv.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Shaw is not that appealing to me...college is where he should stay. Creative run game...prehistoric passing scheme.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Are they gonna switch the game to espn 2 if since this game is not over?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don't you freaking darn.
:lol

Just for this game, my brother. I always root for Texas schools in their bowl games, as long as they are not A&M or UT.

Carp

DCC 4Life
ATT girl in the commercial makes me feel funny in my pants.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Sic 'em Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom