The Official (laugh at) Notre Dame Football Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Struggling with a pretty mediocre Rutgers team. ~chuckle chuckle~

Tony D

DCC 4Life
They only won by 13, but dominanted the game, especially the second half. Doubled Rutgers in first downs, yards and TOP.

I think (no kidding) they're knocking on the door of the 4 team playoff next year.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
They only won by 13, but dominanted the game, especially the second half. Doubled Rutgers in first downs, yards and TOP.

I think (no kidding) they're knocking on the door of the 4 team playoff next year.
You won't come anywhere close to it and you know it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don't know it.
You're lying again. You'll lose to Michigan, Stanford, Florida State, and will struggle against Arizona State, Louisville, and USC. Good luck getting into the 4 game playoff with at least 3 losses, and possibly 4-5. It isn't going to happen.

Tony, just once, make an attempt at being intellectually honest. ND is an average football team. You have just as much of a chance at getting in as Michigan does: none at all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why don't we just go ahead and rename this the Plan9 and Tony arguing thread?

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Why don't we just go ahead and rename this the Plan9 and Tony arguing thread?
That wouldn't be necessary if he'd stop saying stupid shit.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
You're lying again. You'll lose to Michigan, Stanford, Florida State, and will struggle against Arizona State, Louisville, and USC. Good luck getting into the 4 game playoff with at least 3 losses, and possibly 4-5. It isn't going to happen.

Tony, just once, make an attempt at being intellectually honest. ND is an average football team. You have just as much of a chance at getting in as Michigan does: none at all.
Too funny. We'll see. It is a tough schedule, glad you admit it.

Lose to the sinking ship that is Michigan football in South Bend in their last game for awhile? No chance.

Stanford in our place? They lose some guys and shit, we almost beat them out there with Rees this past year.

At FSU will be tough, I'll give you that. Winston is back, but it'll be interesting to see who goes pro.

We already beat ASU without Golson this past year.

Louisville minus Bridgewater and Strong will not be as good.

And USC? Out there? Possible, but they're losing guys to the NFL and have no depth because of the sanctions they still have.

With that schedule, a one loss ND team makes the 4 team playoff.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Too funny. We'll see. It is a tough schedule, glad you admit it.

Lose to the sinking ship that is Michigan football in South Bend in their last game for awhile? No chance.

Stanford in our place? They lose some guys and shit, we almost beat them out there with Rees this past year.

At FSU will be tough, I'll give you that. Winston is back, but it'll be interesting to see who goes pro.

We already beat ASU without Golson this past year.

Louisville minus Bridgewater and Strong will not be as good.

And USC? Out there? Possible, but they're losing guys to the NFL and have no depth because of the sanctions they still have.

With that schedule, a one loss ND team makes the 4 team playoff.
You won't be a 1 loss team, Tony. Again, try being honest for a change.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It's not that outrageous. They're going to be a very good team next year. Tough schedule though.
It is that outrageous because you don't have that kind of talent. And you know it.

If you need references, ask ANYONE on this forum how many losses they'd expect you to have next season. I can guarantee that they'll all give a number greater than one and likely greater than 2.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
It is that outrageous because you don't have that kind of talent. And you know it.

If you need references, ask ANYONE on this forum how many losses they'd expect you to have next season. I can guarantee that they'll all give a number greater than one and likely greater than 2.
They have more talent than you let on. Kelly is adding more and more talent each year and he's a very good coach. This ain't your TY Willingham or Charlie Weis ND football team. Their offense will average 30 plus with Golson back. OL is stacked and deep. Folston and Bryant at RB. Both from Florida and both could've gone practically anywhere they wanted, but ND has no talent. At TE its same old, same old as they churn out NFL TD's and they have young speed at WR.

Defense will be the key. New DC Brian VanGorder who had some great defenses at Georgia. Secondary will be fine and they do have speed back there contrary to what you keep saying. Is Jaylon Smith at LB not fast enough for you? They just need some young guys and guys to return from injury to step up in the front 7. I guess you don't pay attention to recruiting. Oh, I know ND's class is always inflated by the recruiting sites because they're ND, right?

They beat MSU with Rees. Lost at Stanford by 7 with Rees. Kelly will be able to run more of what he wants on offense with an experienced Golson back. A little read option, a faster tempo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom