Sean Lee

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
What are you guy's' opinions on Lee? Yes, I know he is our best defensive player.. But is it worth it when he only plays half of the season every year? Honestly, when I saw him standing there on the sideline against the Eagles, a very large "fuck you" feeling completely overtook me.

You see guys like DeMarcus Ware, even at 50-60%, giving it his all; yet Lee always finds a way to get injured and not play.

He signed a new contract in August, so we're kinda screwed, but part of me would rather just be done with him. It's like you finding the hottest girl on earth, getting her home, getting her naked, then having her get up and leave just before the true fun starts.. It's a tease. And I'm getting sick of being teased by Sean Lee.

Thoughts?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Unfortunately, there are a few teases on this team.

Add in the retards Jerry thinks are "finds" and you have a perennial 8-8 team.

But yes, Lee seems to have carried his college injury bug with him into the pros.

jester

Brand New Member
Simply put Jerry overpaid for Lee. But that's not Lee's fault Jerry over values his top tier talent.

I see Lee as a Defensive MVP talent but is fragile.

Jerry didn't have to renew his contract but opted to. I don't grt why but SOP for Jerry. I want Lee on my squad and will roll the dice and take his ups while taking his downs. The key is to have a solid Plan B knowing Lee will only be functional for part of the season.

My hope is that the club finds a way to defeate the injuries. But aside from that solution is to limit his reps but the organization doesn't like to game plan on what could happen.

IMHO I'm predicting his string of bad luck has run out. Bht it wouldn't surprise me if the dude is simply snake bit.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I just hope he plays again. Neck injuries can be career enders.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I love Sean Lee, even though he appears to be Glass Joe. His drive and awareness are unmatched on the squad.

What sucks for the team is not that Jerry took a flyer on an injured LB, but that he depends on that injury-prone guy to be a cornerstone.

When you're a shitty team, you don't take those chances. A guy like teh Leegro should have been taken to supplement an already well-stocked LB corps & gradually progress into more playing time.

Hopefully he can stay healthy next year. He and Dez are the type of "give a damn" guys this team sorely needs.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
His contract is injury protected though. So he isn't that expensive when he's hurt.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Lee is now and will always be a conundrum. The reason he is always hurt is the way he plays and this tags him as fragile. If he played any other way he would probably be injured less but only average. My understanding is he is structured contractually for this contingency and that was a smart move. The question is do you want a part time great player or not.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Lee is great at reading QBs, but he has never been anything great to me in terms of stopping the run.

You know what? screw him too. He's a loser just like Ware, Romo, and Witten.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We will need to draft a MLB this year because he cannot stay healthy.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
The most important contribution a player can make is availability. Lee doesn't make that contribution and despite his play when he's healthy it makes him a liability.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We will need to draft a MLB this year because he cannot stay healthy.
Agreed. And it has to be a competent one as well because he'll most likely be called upon to start 3-5 games.

So that means we can't draft some undersized MLB from Devry in the 7th round and call it a day. We need a legit prospect from a bigger school.

D

Deuce

Agreed. And it has to be a competent one as well because he'll most likely be called upon to start 3-5 games.

So that means we can't draft some undersized MLB from Devry in the 7th round and call it a day. We need a legit prospect from a bigger school.
For as crappy as Miami was this year, they have a lot of players I'd love to grab. Denzel Perryman being one of them.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Didn't Holloman play there Sunday night? Looked alright for practicing mostly on the outside this year. Or do I have that wrong?

I mean I'd rather draft other front 7 positions than MLB when we have Lee and in a pinch Holloman. If Lee's injury is more serious than we know then all bets are off.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Lee's great when healthy, but too bad he's always hurt for long stretches. This Will McClay who is our new personnel director has said he wants to push us to stay away from drafting the injured guys in early rounds of draft. That would've included Carter and Lee. That's fine with me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Lee isn't "cheap" if he's injured. He's just not the "most expensive MLB in the league" if he's injured.

I didn't disagree with signing him but it's yet another contract that may end up hurting the team more than helping. Jerry signs a lot of those.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Didn't Holloman play there Sunday night? Looked alright for practicing mostly on the outside this year. Or do I have that wrong?

I mean I'd rather draft other front 7 positions than MLB when we have Lee and in a pinch Holloman. If Lee's injury is more serious than we know then all bets are off.
Except for one glaring mistake, I thought Holloman played well there and got better as the game went on.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
His salary does have an injury clause, but it doesn't save that much. He gets $8.5mil if he plays 80% of the snaps, and $7mil if he doesn't. $7million to play 8-9 games this year.. What a great return.

The more I think about it, the more I'm just ready to cut ties with him. I'd rather have someone out there EVERY game who is a notch or two down the skill level ladder from Lee.

Top Bottom