2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I hear what you're saying. But who was the last quarterback to win that was a freelancer? I want to believe but history says his game will not completely translate.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I hear what you're saying. But who was the last quarterback to win that was a freelancer? I want to believe but history says his game will not completely translate.
Rothliesberger.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
They might not have a choice. Saban said no, Jimbo got an extension, the Vandy coach is being looked at by Penn St. It's gotta be him or Strong.
I saw today they were looking at D'antonio from Mich St too.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Manziel will be on the board when we're on the clock and Jerry will pass over him. Then Johnny Football will torch us everytime he plays us just like Randy Moss always did when we passed him over.

He'll be long gone by the time we pick.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I wonder how it'll translate to the NFL too. In the past some highlights I've seen he scrambles and then throws up a prayer that he's lucky is completed. But tonight I saw him read the defense and make his progressions and hit the passes...plus the abracadabra stuff too.

I'm more sold than before, but either way I don't think he'll last til our pick. I also doubt Jerry takes any QB in an early round this draft either.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I wonder how it'll translate to the NFL too. In the past some highlights I've seen he scrambles and then throws up a prayer that he's lucky is completed. But tonight I saw him read the defense and make his progressions and hit the passes...plus the abracadabra stuff too.

I'm more sold than before, but either way I don't think he'll last til our pick. I also doubt Jerry takes any QB in an early round this draft either.
I think Johnny is the one qb that Jerry would seriously consider taking if by some chance he actually falls to us

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He'll be long gone by the time we pick.
Yeah. Some have had him being a mid teens to early 20's pick. But I figured he go sooner. I mean, if Christian Ponder goes 12th then Manziel is definitely going top 10. Bridgewater, Hundley, Bortles and Manziel will probably all go top 10.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The dude is 5'11 185-190
No he's not that small, I've met him a couple times and he's only a couple inches shorter than me and I'm 6'3

I'd say hair over 6' around 195

Carp

DCC 4Life
Size is an issue for sure, but Brees and Wilson give you confidence his height can be overcome...he needs to add weight.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Size is an issue for sure, but Brees and Wilson give you confidence his height can be overcome...he needs to add weight.
No way dude, he's not small. jsmith has been on his knees in front of him and knows how tall he is.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He also needs to learn to slide more and run out of bounds. He's as bad as RGIII when it comes to taking unnecessary hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom