A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol people sure love doing this like it proves a point. I can show you just as many pictures of transgendered people who still clearly look like the gender they were born and not the one they want to become. You're fighting their battle just as much as the ones in the pictures you posted.
What does that have to do with anything.

Would these people make women feel uncomfortable being in the same restroom which has been an issue continually brought up.

And these people are actually attracted to women so how does that fit in with the whole safety thing.

Are you saying it's ok to use whatever bathroom you want as long as you look enough like that gender?

townsend

Banned
You may know BK Benard. He was a Chief Petty Officer on a nuke sub and eventually retired as a Commander.
I don't know him. I was a little out of the loop with most of the Sub community. We were one of 3 stationed in Guam, and because of the way these things tend to work I only knew people from my home port and Hawaii.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If having a kid and acting hysterical is more important to determining what is dangerous to children than actual facts, we need stronger Brujah and Chupacabra laws in South Texas.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If having a kid and acting hysterical is more important to determining what is dangerous to children than actual facts, we need stronger Brujah and Chupacabra laws in South Texas.
You and your dopey brother don't understand. If the chances of my daughter getting raped are .000001%, that chance is too high. I am not a helicopter parent, but I do not subject either of my children to risks that can be avoided. And, before either of you come back with some stupid shit like "well, you let her get in a car", I said risks that can be avoided.

Again, if you don't have kids, you don't get a say in what parents should or should not deem a danger for their children. Period.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You and your dopey brother don't understand. If the chances of my daughter getting raped are .000001%, that chance is too high. I am not a helicopter parent, but I do not subject either of my children to risks that can be avoided. And, before either of you come back with some stupid shit like "well, you let her get in a car", I said risks that can be avoided.

Again, if you don't have kids, you don't get a say in what parents should or should not deem a danger for their children. Period.
Problem is that you could say the exact same thing about magic and mythical animals. You can be scared of whatever you want to, you can make your kids wear tinfoil hats to protect them from the imaginary 0.00001% chance they get brain raped by aliens. Once you start making stupid laws about it you start wasting everyone's tax money, not just taxes paid by hysterical parents jumping at shadows.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know him. I was a little out of the loop with most of the Sub community. We were one of 3 stationed in Guam, and because of the way these things tend to work I only knew people from my home port and Hawaii.
From your comment about a reactor I thought you might have been on a sub.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Personally I don't think it's a healthy environment psychologically to mix genders in a restroom at young ages. For that matter I don't care for the idea at any age.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Personally I don't think it's a healthy environment psychologically to mix genders in a restroom at young ages. For that matter I don't care for the idea at any age.
I'm personally leery of the idea of underaged people being legally considered transgender. IMO it should be something that the person in question should be legally of age to consent to.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm personally leery of the idea of underaged people being legally considered transgender. IMO it should be something that the person in question should be legally of age to consent to.
Agree and yet the school systems are starting you jump on the politically correct band wagon with this topic.

Cotton

Staff member
Problem is that you could say the exact same thing about magic and mythical animals. You can be scared of whatever you want to, you can make your kids wear tinfoil hats to protect them from the imaginary 0.00001% chance they get brain raped by aliens. Once you start making stupid laws about it you start wasting everyone's tax money, not just taxes paid by hysterical parents jumping at shadows.
You should go feed your cat.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Remember when it was subliminal messages in rock music that parents were all up in arms about? Good to see parents are just as gullible now as they were when I was a kid.

Cotton

Staff member
Remember when it was subliminal messages in rock music that parents were all up in arms about? Good to see parents are just as gullible now as they were when I was a kid.
That's a really stupid comparison, catboi.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's a really stupid comparison, catboi.
I'm not single, jackass, my wife and I just don't want kids. If I did have kids I'd hope I'd be worried about real things like how much debt they'll have to go into to go to college, or what the job market will look like when they graduate, or why we're letting real actual rapists out of prison so we can lock people up for pot, but then again the stress might make it so I can only pay attention to flavor of the moment outrage about whatever the hell the next "think of the children" nonsense will be about. It's no wonder politicians in both parties get away with the shit they do when they can keep the voters distracted with shit like an imaginary "Tranny Crime Wave".

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'd just like to say that I don't really worry about trannies at all. I don't particularly think that they are much of a threat. It is the idea of opening up restrooms to both genders. It is just a bad idea for a number of very logical reasons. Basically human decency is becoming a rare commodity these days.

But since we are talking about percentages I don't understand how you can use numbers to help make a very small number of these folks happy by making bunch of ridiculous laws. If you are going to say that the numbers are the driving force justifying doing it why aren't they to not? Haha someone help me out here with what I'm trying to say.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I'd just like to say that I don't really worry about trannies at all. I don't particularly think that they are much of a threat. It is the idea of opening up restrooms to both genders. It is just a bad idea for a number of very logical reasons. Basically human decency is becoming a rare commodity these days.

But since we are talking about percentages I don't understand how you can use numbers to help make a very small number of these folks happy by making bunch of ridiculous laws. If you are going to say that the numbers are the driving force justifying doing it why aren't they to not? Haha someone help me out here with what I'm trying to say.
The world has been spinning mostly fine to this point. Stop changing shit to appease a tiny minority of people.

townsend

Banned

The world has been spinning mostly fine to this point. Stop changing shit to appease a tiny minority of people.
I think the biggest issue is that Trans people have encountered a level of discrimination that is almost unparalleled. This manifests in a lot of harassment and assault. There's still a pervasive narrative that trans people are perverts. There's still an association with perversion that worries people about Trans women (not as much trans men if we're being honest), and it's at the core of a lot of the protests. It didn't affect a whole lot of people when they fought for gay men not be allowed to be scout masters. There are a lot less gay scout masters than trans folks who use restrooms. The fight is against a misrepresentation, and an irrational paranoia that results in real violence against people.

750k might not be a lot of people but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to be treated with respect.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think the biggest issue is that Trans people have encountered a level of discrimination that is almost unparalleled. This manifests in a lot of harassment and assault. There's still a pervasive narrative that trans people are perverts. There's still an association with perversion that worries people about Trans women (not as much trans men if we're being honest), and it's at the core of a lot of the protests. It didn't affect a whole lot of people when they fought for gay men not be allowed to be scout masters. There are a lot less gay scout masters than trans folks who use restrooms. The fight is against a misrepresentation, and an irrational paranoia that results in real violence against people.

750k might not be a lot of people but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to be treated with respect.
I don't know how this number was derived of 750 thousand but if it's close to factual it's more practical to leave things status quo than create a national uproar trying for appeasement. I don't know so much about the alleged abuses but I question it since none of this came to the forefront until recently. I guess my question is if they were so mistreated why would they make this move to infuriate people further?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Since we are substantiating or minimizing the potential negative effects on each party lets do it thouroughly before we make any fast moves. For one, is the 750,000 a real number? Out of those how many got their feelings hurt? Did we run the numbers in those? Now, let's figure how many women ended up feeling violated by having to sit next to a man to pee. All of the upfront woot should be done, no?

Top Bottom