Must See Movies

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Gosling is an excellent actor. He is too good looking though, which intimidates some men.
Yeah, I like Gosling as an actor too. I think he's been good in all different types of roles.

Carl

RIP Brother
Well, I think he is rubbish; but if you find him attractive, good for you.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Drive is a great movie...I go back to it every so often and it still is a must watch.

data

Forbes #1
Star Wars 8...rumored Rey bloodline:

Supposedly her and Luke have a back and forth and Rey keeps asking why he did not seek her out because he is her father. Luke corrects her and says that she is his father...a strong Jedi/Sith can supposedly be reincarnated.
Which bathroom will Rey identify with?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Finally got around to seeing Batman vs. Superman. I liked it but the trend for these super hero's has sure has gone wacko.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Civil War was pretty great. They did a great job of incorporating all the new characters and introducing Black Panther. Everyone had their moments and this new Spiderman has me much more interested in what they plan to do with him in his film next year than I expected. Not to mention the new, younger, hot Aunt May.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Drive is a great movie...I go back to it every so often and it still is a must watch.
Yep. Top to bottom, has what all great films do...story, acting, soundtrack.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Civil War was pretty great. They did a great job of incorporating all the new characters and introducing Black Panther. Everyone had their moments and this new Spiderman has me much more interested in what they plan to do with him in his film next year than I expected. Not to mention the new, younger, hot Aunt May.
Went to see it this afternoon.

Wasn't as disappointing as Batman v. Superman.

It just wasn't what I expected.

It was just okay for me.

Kid loved the younger Spiderman.

I liked the MILFY Aunt May.

D

Deuce

Went to see it this afternoon.

Wasn't as disappointing as Batman v. Superman.

It just wasn't what I expected.

It was just okay for me.

Kid loved the younger Spiderman.

I liked the MILFY Aunt May.
What were you expecting? You have to remember, they split Civil War into 2 movies. So ending the way it did was kind of necessary.

something I read that was spot on was that this is Marvel's Empire Strikes Back. It ends on a downer, someone loses an arm, someone frozen in carbonate and in the end it may be the best movie of the series.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What were you expecting? You have to remember, they split Civil War into 2 movies. So ending the way it did was kind of necessary.

something I read that was spot on was that this is Marvel's Empire Strikes Back. It ends on a downer, someone loses an arm, someone frozen in carbonate and in the end it may be the best movie of the series.
I guess I was expecting more of the comic.

dallen

Senior Tech
I think it is pretty clear by now that Marvel isn't going to follow the comic plots. Age of Ultron was nothing like the comic. They just liked the name.

I really liked Civil War. I think it immediately lands in a top 3 spot in the MCU with Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm going to try to go see it again with my older kids some time this week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think it is pretty clear by now that Marvel isn't going to follow the comic plots. Age of Ultron was nothing like the comic. They just liked the name.

I really liked Civil War. I think it immediately lands in a top 3 spot in the MCU with Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm going to try to go see it again with my older kids some time this week.
That is fine, just stop borrowing the titles then.

D

Deuce

My Name Is Doris is a solid little comedy. Sally Field is great and the rest of the cast is solid.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
10 Cloverfield Lane was quite entertaining...you can kinda see the relation to Cloverfield, but it stands up at being it's own movie.
Caught it on Putlocker last night. Yeah, it was good.

Probably a little better if you didn't even have the association with the other movies.

Goodman was damn good in it.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Saw Civil War Sunday and had to wait to digest it more. But, my initial reaction was really good. I still feel that way and after reading stories about the upcoming movies and how they tie in it sucks we have to wait 2 years until they start wrapping things up in teh Infintiy Wars.

Top Bottom