Prince dead at 57

Foobio

DCC 4Life
This is wonderful.
That's got to be one of the greatest guitar performances of all time. They should've let him play all three solos, then again if they had he wouldn't have dunked all over their asses on the last one and we might've never seen that. RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
That's got to be one of the greatest guitar performances of all time. They should've let him play all three solos, then again if they had he wouldn't have dunked all over their asses on the last one and we might've never seen that. RIP
Somehow I never listened to much Prince, but I've been catching up a little this week. That solo is insane.

dallen

Senior Tech
I was reading this story from a band mate that Prince used to write these insanely complicated tracks for his backup guitarists to learn. One time he wrote something so complicated they had to come to him and admit they just couldn't play it. Prince doesn't accept that and sends them off. Day after day they practice and come back to him but they just can't get it and Prince sends them to go work on it more. Finally after weeks and weeks they get to a point where they can play it, and they go perform it for Prince. At the end Prince says, "All right, now let's add the dance moves."

Jiggyfly

Banned
I was reading this story from a band mate that Prince used to write these insanely complicated tracks for his backup guitarists to learn. One time he wrote something so complicated they had to come to him and admit they just couldn't play it. Prince doesn't accept that and sends them off. Day after day they practice and come back to him but they just can't get it and Prince sends them to go work on it more. Finally after weeks and weeks they get to a point where they can play it, and they go perform it for Prince. At the end Prince says, "All right, now let's add the dance moves."
I am a superfan and spent all of last weekend just reading little snippets like this and playing the videos of stuff I had forgotten about.

I never knew so many respected stars felt the way they did about him.

Like the great Eric Clapton line:

Reporter: How does it feel to be the best guitar player in the world?

Clapton: I don't know ask Prince.

He was just a bad dude.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I've never seen/heard anyone on a guitar who was that slick, smooth, technically precise, and made it look absolutely effortless.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
emegergency, it's like double emergency.

Top Bottom