A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

townsend

Banned
God, next thing you know they'll teach people to accept other genders and races. How dare students learn tolerance and undermine their parents bigotry.

Hey Forts. I think your probably a really good guy. But I feel like you've been listening to too much right wing radio. There's not a vast liberal conspiracy for anything, we just want less people to be taught their defective.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
God, next thing you know they'll teach people to accept other genders and races. How dare students learn tolerance and undermine their parents bigotry.
If I was sending a kid to that school I would probably pissed too. Not because their is anything wrong with tolerance but there is a proper place for these types of things. I don't think spending a week on educating children that being lesbian/gay/transgender is ok, is the appropriate way to do it. Especially when it comes at the cost of actually educating the kids.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The problem is, these classes don't teach acceptance and tolerance, they teach that being white, straight, male, and successful is a crime which you should be ashamed of and which you have to go out of your way to kiss the ass of every minority you meet to make up for a privileged status.

These classes aren't about tolerance, they are about political indoctrination. And the public schools shouldn't be engaging in it.

Just another reason why the public school system needs an overhaul.

townsend

Banned
The problem is, these classes don't teach acceptance and tolerance, they teach that being white, straight, male, and successful is a crime which you should be ashamed of and which you have to go out of your way to kiss the ass of every minority you meet to make up for a privileged status.

These classes aren't about tolerance, they are about political indoctrination. And the public schools shouldn't be engaging in it.

Just another reason why the public school system needs an overhaul.
I don't think your 100% off obviously indoctrination is an aspect of all schooling, but let's be honest. Part of the reason that white supremacy was considered a fact, and now is considered an abhorrent is because of the same indoctrination.

Let's also understand that there's so much God damned misinformation out there that having a tolerance class is not a bad thing. You'd be shocked at the weird ignorant shit I've heard gay people spout, about other sexual orientations.

I'd be really interested in where you heard that white successful men are the bad guys in the curriculum. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely an undercurrent of that in the social justice movement. But it's a fringey way the bullies of the movement choose to make up a fake or at least grossly simplified nemesis. It's usually not in the mission statement.

shane

DCC 4Life
This is done by the same people who want to mandate your children to endure 'sexual education' by the age of 8 from some state-funded pervert.

There is only one solution: Pull your children from the sewer that is the public school before your children have their minds warped.

shane

DCC 4Life
If I was sending a kid to that school I would probably pissed too. Not because their is anything wrong with tolerance but there is a proper place for these types of things. I don't think spending a week on educating children that being lesbian/gay/transgender is ok, is the appropriate way to do it. Especially when it comes at the cost of actually educating the kids.
It's simple: You just teach the kids to be respectful of others regardless of differences in beliefs or backgrounds. You can do this without an indoctrination program that promotes homosexuality and gender bending to children.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
This is done by the same people who want to mandate your children to endure 'sexual education' by the age of 8 from some state-funded pervert.

There is only one solution: Pull your children from the sewer that is the public school before your children have their minds warped.
And do what with them?

Keep one parent at home to home school?

Then the family has to get welfare because one parent working can't pay the bills.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's simple: You just teach the kids to be respectful of others regardless of differences in beliefs or backgrounds. You can do this without an indoctrination program that promotes homosexuality and gender bending to children.
I agree completely. I don't think you need to spend a week celebrating certain lifestyles. That's ridiculous.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Not to say I told you so, but, I told you this was eventually going to happen. Folks like Jiggy and a few others though it was ridiculous. A principal is declaring this a necessary thing in a middle school despite parents wishes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/parents-petition-against-lgbtq-week-134544612.html
Key phrase "A Principal".

This is one school in the very liberal bay area.

This is a far cry from what you were claiming, that Obama was hiring a guy to institute some gay based agenda from the ferderal level and guess what Obama is almost gone and no agenda was ever even talked about.

I have no issue with parents not wanting this for their kids but even this is not some vast conspiracy to indoctrinate, it is about about teaching tolerance.

And I will say I told you so, Obama had no plans to change curriculum to institute some gay agenda.

shane

DCC 4Life
And do what with them?

Keep one parent at home to home school?

Then the family has to get welfare because one parent working can't pay the bills.
It's getting cheaper to home school kids because of the internet. But sadly, it is not an option for many parents who are already struggling to get by.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
When was white supremacy "considered a fact"?

Not in any school me, my siblings or my parents ever attended.

If it was ever being taught or even implied it was a loooooong time ago and the implication that my generation or the next generation has to make up for that somehow remains exactly my point, that I should be ashamed of the fact that white people used to own slaves or something. Never mind that my ancestors were dirt poor Italians who came over on a slow boat from Europe and lived in tenements for a generation and didn't get to look down on anyone.

Its just another opportunity to propagate the lie that anyone in the white/straight/Christian/male majority is a privileged asshole who needs re-education about how they need to make it up to minorities.

Actual fairness will come if we drop the divisive bullshit that classes like this push on us.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

If it was ever being taught or even implied it was a loooooong time ago and the implication that my generation or the next generation has to make up for that somehow remains exactly my point, that I should be ashamed of the fact that white people used to own slaves or something. Never mind that my ancestors were dirt poor Italians who came over on a slow boat from Europe and lived in tenements for a generation and didn't get to look down on anyone.

Its just another opportunity to propagate the lie that anyone in the white/straight/Christian/male majority is a privileged asshole who needs re-education about how they need to make it up to minorities.

Actual fairness will come if we drop the divisive bullshit that classes like this push on us.
Actually the slavery issue isn't confined to black people and Africa. There are others who were victims of this practice. This link is one example.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-irish-slave-trade-the-forgotten-white-slaves/31076

townsend

Banned

Segregation was not that long ago. In that timeline, white supremacy was implicit. Before it, it was dogmatic. 100 years after slavery ended there was still policy drafted and politicians of prominence that championed white supremacy. It wasn't in your generation, but it was in the generation that made you.

I'm a white man too, one that grew up with very little privilege. All the cops in Hondo Tx were Mexican, so being pale didn't really help me at all. So I bristle at times when I get grouped in with WASPs that were raised in luxurious bubbles. That whiteness is considered synonymous with upper class.

But also don't think for a second that there isn't a totally different legal system set up to streamline blacks into prison. That the implication of white supremacy doesn't taint every war on drugs and every "tough on crime" legislation. That the white people who are hurt by these things are collateral damage in a war on blacks that federal, state, and local governments have been waging since the day slavery was abolished.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tolerance is a wonderful thing. Be nice, nice rights...all of that. Hell, in my tiny, conservative town we had a gay boy who wears dresses and makeup to school win homecoming king. Progress is being made. This generation is the most tolerant in history. Just don't shove your crap down my kids throat.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Whoa there, I can acknowledge that there is a segment of the justice system that unfairly targets blacks. I can also acknowledge that the war on drugs is both misguided and has a disproportionate impact on blacks (though I do not believe crafted to target them deliberately), while at the same time rightfully scoffing at the notion of white supremacy.

Look at today's multicultural media environment, there is no credible way to argue that culturally whites are oppressing others. Is white culture featured most? Yes because whites are the majority so that's how it should be.

But this idea that it's harder for the average blank person to get ahead is phony; and now it's being extended to the LGBT crowd. They are so oppressed because a local bakery won't bake them a cake!

townsend

Banned
Whoa there, I can acknowledge that there is a segment of the justice system that unfairly targets blacks. I can also acknowledge that the war on drugs is both misguided and has a disproportionate impact on blacks (though I do not believe crafted to target them deliberately), while at the same time rightfully scoffing at the notion of white supremacy.

Look at today's multicultural media environment, there is no credible way to argue that culturally whites are oppressing others. Is white culture featured most? Yes because whites are the majority so that's how it should be.

But this idea that it's harder for the average blank person to get ahead is phony; and now it's being extended to the LGBT crowd. They are so oppressed because a local bakery won't bake them a cake!
I'm not saying whites are actively suppressing others. Just that the ghost of white supremacy lives on in conventions that were minted when it was a more universal outlook. There are a lot of things that still happen because it's the way it's always been done. If segregation is still kind of enforced, it doesn't matter if it's malicious or not, we're still enacting the wishes of white supremacists.

townsend

Banned
if someone's trans it's absolutely harder for them to get ahead. A big part of what people call "white privelege" is actually privilege of assimilation. If a guy's named Stewart Johnson, people will be more likely to hire them than if they're named Ladarius Damarius. If you show up to a job interview dressed like a women, with a man's physical body, then people will be put off by you, and likely go with someone that makes them less uncomfortable. We're only 5 years removed from people getting kicked out of the military for being gay. So it's not just about cakes.

Top Bottom