MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Looks like Gomez reverted back to form.

How many times did he stumble after swinging at a pitch?
Has played 6 games for the Rangers and has had a huge impact in 3 of them. I'd say that's pretty good return but yeah he still has some head scratching at bats.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
REPORT: Team Officially Offers Tim Tebow Professional Baseball Contract

By Alex Watt
31 AUG 2016

It's only been a day since Tim Tebow held a showcase for MLB scouts to come and see him play baseball and a team has already offered the former NFL player a contract.

Yes. A real, professional baseball team wants to pay Tim Tebow to play baseball.

The Bridgeport Bluefish, who play in the independent Atlantic League, have dared to offer Tim Tebow a spot on their roster for the 2016 season.

According to the team's general manager, “The Bluefish welcome Tim with open arms. The Atlantic League is all about giving players opportunity, and we think Bridgeport would be a great place for him to begin his professional baseball career.”

It might not be Fenway Park, but Bridgeport Bluefish Stadium isn't the worst place in the world for Tebow to start. After all, it's good enough for former Major Leaguer Endy Chavez, who plays outfield for the team.

Tebow and his agent will likely wait a little longer to see if an actual MLB team comes a-calling, but if no one else is interested, don't be surprised if Tim Tebow is packing his bags for Connecticut--and not to work at ESPN, either.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Report: Rangers reliever Jeremy Jeffress checks into rehab, won't be suspended by MLB

Rangers reliever Jeremy Jefferes has checked into an inpatient rehabilitation clinic and won't be suspended by Major League Baseball after a DWI arrest last Friday, Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan reported Wednesday afternoon.

With the Rangers ready to reinstate the pitcher from the restricted list a day after he was arrested and charged with DWI, the league stepped in and blocked the move, apparently to further investigate whether illegal drugs were involved.

According to the arrest warrant obtained by The Dallas Morning News, Jeffress had a blood-alcohol content of .115 at the time of the arrest and later was administered a blood test.

Police also found a clear plastic bag with a "green leafy substance believed to be marijuana or a synthetic cannabinoid," in the glove box of Jeffress' car, according to the warrant. Jeffress denied the substance was his, according to the report.

That gave MLB sufficient reason to step in.

Jeffress is expected to spend about a month in a Houston-area clinic, Passan reported. But, as Passan also reported, it remains a possibility that he rejoins the Rangers for the postseason.

-- Read Passan's full report on Jeffress at Yahoo.com.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's taken 12 in a row, but the Twins have pulled into a tie with Atlanta for the #1 overall pick.

:fistpump

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's something to look forward to. They may be able to land the next Byron Buxton. :unsure
Eh. I'm not too worried about him. He is basically TOO aggressive at the plate. He needs to just settle down a bit. He still is playing gold glove defense and has world class speed in the outfield and on the base paths. It's not like he's turning into a Joey Gallo or something.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Eh. I'm not too worried about him. He is basically TOO aggressive at the plate. He needs to just settle down a bit. He still is playing gold glove defense and has world class speed in the outfield and on the base paths. It's not like he's turning into a Joey Gallo or something.
:lol

Yeah, I was mostly just messing with you. He is still only 22 and has a ton of talent. I would be a bit concerned about his hit tool and ability to stay healthy at this point though.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Yeah, I was mostly just messing with you. He is still only 22 and has a ton of talent. I would be a bit concerned about his hit tool and ability to stay healthy at this point though.
The injury thing does concern me, yes.

Cotton

Staff member
What?

We got closer than you did last year.
And the two years before that? Or, as an even closer comparison, the record head to head this year? Yeah.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What?

We got closer than you did last year.
How do you figure? Lost in the same round. The only trip to the World Series that the Astros have made they were swept by a team managed by Guillen.

junk

Not So New Member
Why was Tebow so opposed to TE or FB, but totally willing to go try baseball?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Why was Tebow so opposed to TE or FB, but totally willing to go try baseball?
He said he specifically loves being the QB/leader of the team. The guy who everyone looks to and listens to in the huddle.

Cotton

Staff member
He said he specifically loves being the QB/leader of the team. The guy who everyone looks to and listens to in the huddle.
Because he is an attention whore.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
So following that logic...he would only be in a band if he was the lead singer/front man. He wouldn't consider being the drummer or bass player because he doesn't really do it for the love of music and enjoyment being part of the band. It's just about having all eyes and attention on him. Otherwise it just doesn't interest him. That is just how I interpret it, fair or not.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Maybe he just preferred to play QB and didn't like playing TE or FB. Why would that make him an attention whore?

When I played baseball I liked pitching, catching, and playing center field. Hated playing the other positions. In football, I liked to play WR and S. Did not like playing RB or CB. I think it's normal to have preference on what position you play in a sport.

Top Bottom