2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

townsend

Banned
But is the nerve firing?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's nice.

He still won't play this year.

That's the same shit he was doing prior to the draft.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Once again, we outwit the rest of the NFL.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
So, we're signing a guy who has been released less than two weeks into training camp? Okey-dokey then.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Fuck you, you worthless piece of wrinkled up shit.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Fuck you, you worthless piece of wrinkled up shit.
Meh, he's trying to convince himself his "tolerance" ever influenced Jimmy Johnson.

Jimmy did and always has done whatever the fuck he wanted.

It's just easy to blame Jerry Jones for Jimmy's leaving because he's a goober, but Jimmy left because he wanted to pure and simple.

Jerry was a bumpkin bystander.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Meh, he's trying to convince himself his "tolerance" ever influenced Jimmy Johnson.

It's just easy to blame Jerry Jones for Jimmy's leaving because he's a goober, but Jimmy left because he wanted to pure and simple.

If folks haven't digested this event yet they are still hanging on to something to give them heartburn when they want to feel mistreated.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I think even Jimmy himself said that while he'd have left eventually, jerry sped up the timetable (I believe by probably a couple of years).

Cotton

Staff member
I think even Jimmy himself said that while he'd have left eventually, jerry sped up the timetable (I believe by probably a couple of years).
I can't understand how this is even debatable.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The timing of this "500 coaches" declaration being in the early offseason was unfortunate, but how do you blame someone for a comment they made to third parties while drunk and feeling slighted?

Jimmy pounced. If it hadn't been that comment, it would have been something else.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The timing of this "500 coaches" declaration being in the early offseason was unfortunate, but how do you blame someone for a comment they made to third parties while drunk and feeling slighted?

Jimmy pounced. If it hadn't been that comment, it would have been something else.

That comment was the least of the reasons Jimmy left.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That comment was the least of the reasons Jimmy left.
Exactly. It was such a flimsy excuse to leave, but Jimmy jumped at the chance because he wanted out.

Whatever Jimmy felt personally, Jerry just about always gave Jimmy everything he wanted. 10 year contract to intimidate estranged wife? Check. New contract? Done. Any personnel or assistant coaching move he wanted? Without a doubt. Money for players? Max the NFL would allow.

Coaches normally have to be concerned about managing both an owner and a GM. Jimmy only had one easily-manipulated, generous goober to worry about.

Nope. Jimmy wanted South Florida and most notably he wanted Don Shula's job.

Every action he took was to get him closer to that more than get him away from Jerry. Jerry's comment and whatever disagreements they had were the excuse.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Exactly. It was such a flimsy excuse to leave, but Jimmy jumped at the chance because he wanted out.

Whatever Jimmy felt personally, Jerry just about always gave Jimmy everything he wanted. 10 year contract to intimidate estranged wife? Check. New contract? Done. Any personnel or assistant coaching move he wanted? Without a doubt. Money for players? Max the NFL would allow.

Coaches normally have to be concerned about managing both an owner and a GM. Jimmy only had one easily-manipulated, generous goober to worry about.

Nope. Jimmy wanted South Florida and most notably he wanted Don Shula's job.

Every action he took was to get him closer to that more than get him away from Jerry. Jerry's comment and whatever disagreements they had were the excuse.
Tis a fact that Johnson has attested to. He wanted to be back where he was when he took the Dallas gig. His history will clearly reveal that his tenure anywhere was limited to five years.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can't understand how this is even debatable.
Wait, we're supposed to believe that the guy who's been nothing but meddlesome and undermining to every coach he's ever had didn't accelerate the departure of Jimmy?

I mean, the man's track record speaks for itself.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wait, we're supposed to believe that the guy who's been nothing but meddlesome and undermining to every coach he's ever had didn't accelerate the departure of Jimmy?

I mean, the man's track record speaks for itself.
Would have happened no matter who was the owner. It was a goal of Johnson's and the timing was right on the Florida front. The dust up was a timely event for Job so to pull the trigger. It was inevitable. It's akin to the mantra that Jones fired Landry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom