2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Townsend can't grasp that Hillary is Trump with a dress on. Both are very typical politicians trying to get elected. They will say things that are idiotic and veiled things to not really respond. Most of us recognize that but because of predetermined biases he can only own up to Trump being the worse. I have said before that my vote is determined by refusing to vote for Hillary because of her established track record. Trump is an unknown despite predetermined opinions so I will go with that. If anyone thinks that Clinton is a superior choice simply has not reviewed her track record with an open mind. She is just better at addressing questions and saying nothing.

Both say idiotic things to get elected? :lol

Man, you really are an out of touch old white bread, aren't you?

No on in modern times has said more idiotic shit trying to get elected than Trump.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Both say idiotic things to get elected? :lol

Man, you really are an out of touch old white bread, aren't you?

No on in modern times has said more idiotic shit trying to get elected than Trump.
Sounds like you have spent a lot of time listening to Trump. Now start to pay attention to Clinton. She is so full of classic campaign rhetoric and denial of deeds that is is equally sickening. The main difference Is Trump talks off the top of his head without processing first and Hillary spouts her rhetoric without saying anything.

And I dare say I have heard more political candidate crap than you.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
She said an unborn child doesn't have constitutional rights. As far as I know that's the case. Since an unborn child might need to be aborted to save the life of the mother, you can say pretty definitively that they aren't legally extended the same rights as a human under Roe V Wade.

Also 47% of the population is pro choice. So no I wouldn't call that a fringe.
I think that's misleading. 47% might be pro choice, generally, maybe, but I don't think anywhere close to that would favor late term abortions, which I'd guess is what "fringe" might refer to.

townsend

Banned
I think that's misleading. 47% might be pro choice, generally, maybe, but I don't think anywhere close to that would favor late term abortions, which I'd guess is what "fringe" might refer to.
Yeah, but I think it would be closer to that if the late term abortions are specifically to save the life of the mother, which is what Clinton was talking about in the interview.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wonder how one has no constitutional rights by virtue of not being born but has status as a human if killed by someone who murdered the mother and child before the birth of the child?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, fringe refers to the people who things it's ok to have an abortion up to minutes before birth. Which is what Hilary was saying when she said that the baby has no constitutional rights, and that she supports that fact.

AKA only fringe fanatics actually believe that's ok.

townsend

Banned
Yeah, fringe refers to the people who things it's ok to have an abortion up to minutes before birth. Which is what Hilary was saying when she said that the baby has no constitutional rights, and that she supports that fact.

AKA only fringe fanatics actually believe that's ok.
You injected the term "minutes before birth" yourself, because you don't hold yourself to the the standards of fairness you expect from Trump's critics. (Seriously, we have to work to interpret the meanings of his answers, but you can add your own narratives to suit your argument)

She also alienated the pro choice people by referring to an unborn as a person, http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/04/hillary-clinton-roundly-criticized-for-referring-to-the-unborn-as-a-person/

but yeah she's pandering to their deepest fringe... :jerk

Jiggyfly

Banned
You injected the term "minutes before birth" yourself, because you don't hold yourself to the the standards of fairness you expect from Trump's critics. (Seriously, we have to work to interpret the meanings of his answers, but you can add your own narratives to suit your argument)

She also alienated the pro choice people by referring to an unborn as a person, http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/04/hillary-clinton-roundly-criticized-for-referring-to-the-unborn-as-a-person/

but yeah she's pandering to their deepest fringe... :jerk
Thank you , this has needed to be said for some time.

CRock has been playing that game for awhile.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I get that you don't like Trump. What I don't get is your pretentious statements of what a real world leader does and doesn't do. Those remarks are conjured up from your own thought processes but a lot of people disagree. You extend your pretentious position by taking a position if anyone disagrees they are stupid and inferior. Have a different opinion just be aware there are multitudes that have a different mindset.
In your mind, a real leader is reactionary, spiteful, immature, and dishonest? If you think my opinion about a leader is being pretentious, I can only conclude that you believe that is what a leader does.

My thoughts and understanding of what a real leader should be are reasonable, unlike anything your leader says or says he will do, or thinks or tweets.

He is unreasonable and unfit to be president. Yes it is an opinion. An opinion formed by listening to what the man says so again a reasonable reasoned opinion.

It isn't about liking someone or not, it is about not being so blinded by party loyalty that I would support anyone who ran.

The man is a fool, and has earned nothing but contempt, scorn and ridicule.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It isn't about liking someone or not, it is about not being so blinded by party loyalty that I would support anyone who ran.

Let's be fair, this happens a lot on both sides. Plenty of people find Hillary distasteful but will vote for her based on the D.

Who is the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?

~looks at LT~

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Genghis Khan said:
Plenty of people will vote for her based on the D.
Thorn will for sure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You injected the term "minutes before birth" yourself,
:lol

She said just before delivery? I had to go back and check because honestly who gives a shit if she said hours or minutes. Is there any real difference in this context? Are you seriously up in arms over her saying hours before delivery instead of minutes? Talk about trying to shift the argument to something not relevant to the discussion because you're wrong. But I'm sure Jiggy will chime in as the other hardcore vote for anyone who calls themselves a Democrat and make you feel better about Hilary who has literally flipflopped on every issue she talks about.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In your mind, a real leader is reactionary, spiteful, immature, and dishonest? If you think my opinion about a leader is being pretentious, I can only conclude that you believe that is what a leader does.

My thoughts and understanding of what a real leader should be are reasonable, unlike anything your leader says or says he will do, or thinks or tweets.

He is unreasonable and unfit to be president. Yes it is an opinion. An opinion formed by listening to what the man says so again a reasonable reasoned opinion.

Exactly a text book response of a pretentious individual and pseudo intellectual. Couldn't have asked for better. I am not alone in my preference for this race.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem is that statement applies to both candidates (Except in the other case it is Woman). I'm not going to vote Republican but I get annoyed when Democrats try and sit on their high horse and then turn around and vote for a legitimate criminal who has been outed for being crooked and everyone knows it.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Let's be fair, this happens a lot on both sides. Plenty of people find Hillary distasteful but will vote for her based on the D.

Who is the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?

~looks at LT~
I agree, but that isn't me. I am not voting for Hillary. I am writing in Bernie, because we can in PA.

2233boys

Not So New Member
The problem is that statement applies to both candidates (Except in the other case it is Woman). I'm not going to vote Republican but I get annoyed when Democrats try and sit on their high horse and then turn around and vote for a legitimate criminal who has been outed for being crooked and everyone knows it.
I get that, and I agree.

However, as a democrat, I'm not voting for Hillary.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Exactly a text book response of a pretentious individual and pseudo intellectual. Couldn't have asked for better. I am not alone in my preference for this race.
You aren't alone and I weep for our country.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get that, and I agree.

However, as a democrat, I'm not voting for Hillary.
I usually side with Republicans because of their financial plans but in all reality I'm libertarian. I just want as small of government as possible that stays out of everyone's way.

townsend

Banned
:lol

She said just before delivery? I had to go back and check because honestly who gives a shit if she said hours or minutes. Is there any real difference in this context? Are you seriously up in arms over her saying hours before delivery instead of minutes? Talk about trying to shift the argument to something not relevant to the discussion because you're wrong. But I'm sure Jiggy will chime in as the other hardcore vote for anyone who calls themselves a Democrat and make you feel better about Hilary who has literally flipflopped on every issue she talks about.
I listened to a different interview, that took place before the "hours before birth" one. So I apologize because the interview I heard had no such reference to "hours before".

Still it's a gross distortion to imply that Clinton was advocating for "at will" late term abortions, and in the interview that she first stated that unborn children have no constitutional rights, she stated that Roe v Wade, which she based her stance on, allows for restrictions on late term abortions. It's not controversial or a fringe statement to say unborn don't have constitutional rights. It's The law. And unlike the racist rhetoric that Trump uses to pander to white supremacists that are way outside the norm, Hillary's statement was more centrist than even her constituency preferred, so your entire basis for comparison is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom