2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Also...Beamer can pretty much leave when he wants, but VA Tech should do something.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Who gets canned first, Hoke at Michigan or Muschamp at Florida? I lean towards Hoke, Michigan looks awful. Muschamp had one good year at Florida but they've been mediocre otherwise.
You know what's funny? A large number of Texas fans were seriously pissed at Mack Brown for hanging around too long and costing them to lose out on Muschamp as HC.

But these days you'll have a hard time finding one who will admit that they wanted Muschamp to succeed Brown.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You know what's funny? A large number of Texas fans were seriously pissed at Mack Brown for hanging around too long and costing them to lose out on Muschamp as HC.

But these days you'll have a hard time finding one who will admit that they wanted Muschamp to succeed Brown.
Yeah...both schools came out for the worse by Brown hanging on a couple years too long.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...LSU are going to be monsters the next 2-3 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Dantonio's remarks at about the minute point.

I love this guy. What player isn't going to run through a wall for him now?

D

Deuce

Dantonio's remarks at about the minute point.

I love this guy. What player isn't going to run through a wall for him now?
I wish he didn't hold himself back there. He so badly wants to say he shoved that spear up their ass.

D

Deuce

@TCU_Drew: How prolific is @TCUFootball's offense this year? In yesterday's 82-27 romp over Tech, we shot all the pyro we ordered...for the season.

:lol

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't pimp Marshall players often since the Leftwich debacle, but we might want to take a look at RB Devon Johnson if he leaves school next year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ole Miss loses to the 24th ranked team and TCU lost to a top 5 team, and yet Ole Miss remains ranked ahead of them?

Stupid college rankings system.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ole Miss loses to the 24th ranked team and TCU lost to a top 5 team, and yet Ole Miss remains ranked ahead of them?

Nope. That's just good old fashioned SEC bias. Where losses to other SEC teams are excused/forgiven.

Funny how that doesn't extend to non-SEC teams.

For instance, K-State's only loss was a 6 point loss to Auburn. Yet K-State is sitting outside the top 10 while all the one loss SEC teams are crammed into the top 10.

Yet Fowler wants to get on his soapbox and preach about how there's no SEC bias.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I think they are both gone...and Florida goes hard after Chip Kelly.
I'm surprised Hoke hasn't been fired already, he had a good first season but it's been downhill ever since. I think you're right about Florida, but it depends on how much Kelly likes his NFL job.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

I remember TX fans bitching about letting Muschamp walk. It happens though, there's always a coach who is supposed to be the next big thing but they don't pan out. Charlie Weis is a prime example. Being fairly young, this may have been a learning experience for Muschamp though but I'd be shocked if Weis ever got the nod as a head coach at any level at this stage of his career. Hiring head coaches is so hit or miss, it's rare that it works out as anticipated.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm surprised Hoke hasn't been fired already, he had a good first season but it's been downhill ever since. I think you're right about Florida, but it depends on how much Kelly likes his NFL job.
I have never been a fan of midseason firings...particularly in college. Just clear the decks after the season. Mich missed on replacing Carr twice, they have to hit this time. Miles will be mentioned, but damn LSU is loaded with some young talent...I would not leave LSU for Mich.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Maybe, but I think a loss to LSU is a better loss than to Baylor.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That may be, but the voters have to grade according to what each team is ranked at the time they play.

Ole Miss does not belong ahead of TCU based on what each teams' losses look like on paper.

1bigfan13

Staff member
In name only.

LSU isn't very good. They're getting the benefit of the doubt just because they're in the SEC.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
I have never been a fan of midseason firings...particularly in college. Just clear the decks after the season. Mich missed on replacing Carr twice, they have to hit this time. Miles will be mentioned, but damn LSU is loaded with some young talent...I would not leave LSU for Mich.
You also have to consider the impact a firing will have on recruiting.

I think most recruits are smart enough to realize that Hoke is gone after this year. So do they still sign on to play with Michigan knowing that the coach and his staff likely won't be there?

D

Deuce

In name only.

LSU isn't very good. They're getting the benefit of the doubt just because they're in the SEC.
SEC haters just make me laugh. Their Weat division alone is better top to bottom than any other conference as a whole.

Im looking forward to the Big 12 getting shut out of the playoff picture. They are one strong team with a choke job loss and a bunch of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom