Archive - Random NFL Stuff Thread...

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
If they gave up that much for anything other than a QB, they are stupid.
Even for a QB, they're stupid. They're already paying decent money to Bradford and Daniel, and the rest of their roster isn't strong enough that they can afford to give away that many draft picks for 1 player.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even for a QB, they're stupid. They're already paying decent money to Bradford and Daniel, and the rest of their roster isn't strong enough that they can afford to give away that many draft picks for 1 player.
That's what I don't get. Why the hell would you give Daniels and Bradford big contracts this offseason if you plan was to give up the farm to move up and take a QB. At minimum you only need Bradford OR Daniels to bridge the gap. Why sign both? They are such a confused franchise.

D

Deuce

That's what I don't get. Why the hell would you give Daniels and Bradford big contracts this offseason if you plan was to give up the farm to move up and take a QB. At minimum you only need Bradford OR Daniels to bridge the gap. Why sign both? They are such a confused franchise.
It's almost like they are planning their offseason around trying to screw Dallas no matter how poorly it effects them.

Dallas' stud RB is a FA? Sign him no matter how poorly he fits our scheme.

Dallas as is in position to get their QB of the future? Move up and draft him despite the millions in garaunteed money we've committed to two other guys.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's almost like they are planning their offseason around trying to screw Dallas no matter how poorly it effects them.

Dallas' stud RB is a FA? Sign him no matter how poorly he fits our scheme.

Dallas as is in position to get their QB of the future? Move up and draft him despite the millions in garaunteed money we've committed to two other guys.
I posed that last year about Murray and some folks tried to laugh me out of town. I still think it has merit especially in light of the way they are reacting now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I posed that last year about Murray and some folks tried to laugh me out of town. I still think it has merit especially in light of the way they are reacting now.
:lol

GTFO town.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Seems like Lurie is pulling a Synder. Maybe he'll buckle under the pressure that he needed D not a QB and draft Ramsey with the #2 leaving Goff/Wentz for us... :art

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I saw a tweet from Sports Center saying that Sam Bradford has asked for a trade.

I'm a Bradford homer but even I have to admit this is a bitch move by him.

He's been in the league 6 years and has been marginal at best, and he has the nerve to be butt hurt that a team isn't completely dedicating themselves to him. As if he's performed so well that he shouldn't have to compete for his job.

Dude, GTFOH with that nonsense.

If I were the Eagles I wouldn't move him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I saw a tweet from Sports Center saying that Sam Bradford has asked for a trade.

I'm a Bradford homer but even I have to admit this is a bitch move by him.

He's been in the league 6 years and has been marginal at best, and he has the nerve to be butt hurt that a team isn't completely dedicating themselves to him. As if he's performed so well that he shouldn't have to compete for his job.

Dude, GTFOH with that nonsense.

If I were the Eagles I wouldn't move him.

Bradford only has himself to blame. For the life of me I can't understand why he signed a short term contract that the team could reasonably get out of after a year, rather than test the market.

That deal announced to the world in flashing red lights and sirens that the eagles don't believe in him.

How in the world could he surprised let alone mad that the eagles went and got someone to replace him? They telegraphed it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Bradford only has himself to blame. For the life of me I can't understand why he signed a short term contract that the team could reasonably get out of after a year, rather than test the market.

That deal announced to the world in flashing red lights and sirens that the eagles don't believe in him.

How in the world could he surprised let alone mad that the eagles went and got someone to replace him? They telegraphed it.
Has to be buyer's remorse on both sides here. The Eagles guaranteed a shitload of money.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sam Bradford demands trade after Eagles' move for No. 2 pick

The Philadelphia Eagles have been informed that quarterback Sam Bradford wants to be traded and will not be showing up for their offseason program any longer, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Sam Bradford's reaction may not have been part of the Eagles' careful plan for their quarterback situation. It probably should have been.
Bradford is upset at the Eagles' trade last week for the No. 2 overall pick to draft a quarterback.

Bradford, who re-signed with the Eagles earlier this offseason, "is mad and wants to show everyone who's best," a source told Schefter last week.

The Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick from the Cleveland Browns last Thursday in a blockbuster trade, using draft picks acquired in two previous trades. Executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said the Eagles had been trying to move up ever since January and acknowledged that the team intends to take a quarterback with the No. 2 pick.

Sam Bradford has requested a trade from the Eagles after the team's move last week to acquire the No. 2 overall pick. Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
The Los Angeles Rams had already acquired the top overall pick from Tennessee for a slew of picks and have indicated they will take a quarterback. The Eagles will likely take either Cal's Jared Goff or North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, whichever is not taken by the Rams.

The Eagles made the trade despite signing Sam Bradford and former Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Chase Daniel this offseason, doling out $34 million in guaranteed money to the quarterbacks ($22 million to Bradford on a two-year deal and $12 million to Daniel on a three-year contract).

Bradford, 28, started 14 games last season after the Eagles acquired him in an offseason trade with the Rams. The Eagles went 7-7 in his starts. He completed 65 percent of his pass attempts, throwing for 3,725 yards with 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

So who is going to trade for Bradford unless the Eagles eat a shit ton of the money owed to him?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
With his contract and shitty play, who will take him?
You never know. There's usually one desperate team out there with a little extra money to burn who'd be willing to take a risk. I don't know teams' cap figures off the top of my head but if they could afford it I'd say the Jets could be a landing spot. I'm sure they'd rather have Fitzpatrick but hell Fitzpatrick is pretty much a 1 hit wonder himself, so you never know. That set of WRs they have up their in NY can make marginal QBs look pretty good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You never know. There's usually one desperate team out there with a little extra money to burn who'd be willing to take a risk. I don't know teams' cap figures off the top of my head but if they could afford it I'd say the Jets could be a landing spot. I'm sure they'd rather have Fitzpatrick but hell Fitzpatrick is pretty much a 1 hit wonder himself, so you never know. That set of WRs they have up their in NY can make marginal QBs look pretty good.
Well on the positive side whoever takes Bradford on wouldn't be responsible for the signing bonus and money already paid to Bradford. So the first year of the contract actually isn't that unbearable. The Eagles on the other hand would take a massive cap hit by trading him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jameis Winston on losing weight: You have to show the guys you’re working

Posted by Josh Alper on April 27, 2016, 5:43 PM EDT
CHARLOTTE, NC - JANUARY 03: Jameis Winston #3 of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during their game at Bank of America Stadium on January 3, 2016 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
Getty Images
Quarterback Jameis Winston’s physical condition has been the talk of Buccaneers minicamp this week with wide receiver Mike Evans asking where Winston’s belly went since lest season and cornerback Johnthan Banks chiming in that Winston looks like he should be running drills with the rest of the secondary.

“This guy was fat last year,” Banks said, via Pewter Report. “He came back looking like a DB. You can tell Jameis worked his tail off.”

Banks went on to praise Winston’s leadership, saying “he’s going to be one of those Peyton Manning-type guys” and Winston pointed to his weight loss as a way he wants to help set the right example for everyone on the roster.

“As a quarterback, you have to show these guys that you’re working,” Winston said. “I didn’t want to come back and have them say, ‘Oh, Jameis looks the exact same.’ I had to give them something to talk about, right?”

Winston added that if you look good then “you play good.” If Winston’s play improves along with his appearance, the Bucs will be pretty happy with where things are headed with their franchise quarterback.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dolphins trade cornerback Jamar Taylor to Browns

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 30, 2016, 5:07 PM EDT

We have our first trade involving a veteran player in this year’s draft.

Cornerback Jamar Taylor has been traded from the Dolphins to the Browns, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. The deal was for an exchange of seventh-round picks, with the Dolphins moving up in the last round.

There had been no previous reports that the Dolphins were looking to move Taylor or that the Browns were looking to acquire him, but apparently the Cleveland regime thinks there’s a place for him on the Browns’ defense, and the Dolphins weren’t sure he’d make their roster this year.

Taylor was a second-round pick of the Dolphins in the 2013 NFL draft who played in 12 games for the Dolphins last year, starting six.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom