A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

townsend

Banned
Riiiiight science proved it.
I posted a link about 5 pages back. Trans peoples brains react to stimuli much more similarly to their professed gender than their given gender. How your brain is wired seems like a better determination than the shape of your plumbing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted a link about 5 pages back. Trans peoples brains react to stimuli much more similarly to their professed gender than their given gender. How your brain is wired seems like a better determination than the shape of your plumbing.
I think you're mischaracterizing the study big time. Their conclusion was that trans people don't have brains like males or females. Which in all honesty would be a better argument for a mental illness then anything.

“Trans people have brains that are different from males and females, a unique kind of brain”

townsend

Banned
I think you're mischaracterizing the study big time. Their conclusion was that trans people don't have brains like males or females. Which in all honesty would be a better argument for a mental illness then anything.

“Trans people have brains that are different from males and females, a unique kind of brain”
My summary, which was basically a verbatim quote from the article, while still not the most exhaustive characterization still showed that trans brains had more similarities to the other gender than non trans brains.

Honestly, even if we characterized it as a defect. Which I know is super non-PC, even still society has determined that we're supposed to do our best to let our defective people live the best lives they can. If letting these people determine their own genders is what it takes to keep them from hanging themselves, then we should do that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My summary, which was basically a verbatim quote from the article, while still not the most exhaustive characterization still showed that trans brains had more similarities to the other gender than non trans brains.
It's not verbatim and the words you're leaving out change the meaning significantly. You're talking about the whole brain and the study never made that claim.

townsend

Banned
It's not verbatim and the words you're leaving out change the meaning significantly. You're talking about the whole brain and the study never made that claim.
Fair enough, I'll admit to an oversimplification, but the thesis statement that trans brains are not wired the same as the brains of their cisgender counterparts is true, and that there is a correlation between those differences and the similarities to their self identified gender.

It's still more true to say "your brain shares hard wired similarities to your personal gender identity" than it is to say "You are only the gender that your chromosomes dictate." Like I said, I can concede someone looking at it as some kind of defect, like Down's syndrome, I just don't think it's fair to talk about it like it's some kind of delusion or psychotic break. That someone can be shaken or medicated out of.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Let me ask this?

Would anybody would have an issue with this person going into a woman's restroom?

That is a FTM trans.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Let me ask this?

Would Nobody would have an issue with this person going into a woman's restroom?

That is a FTM trans.
I expect the ladies in the rest room might raise their eyebrows because even if this person is a woman they present themselves as a man and that could be an issue. Maybe not legally but as a practical matter it could. That is part of the rub. People being one sex presenting themselves as the opposite. It will surely make one wonder.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You literally have to take someone's word for it. Everyone will be afraid to enforce things due to potential lawsuits. Thanks CRock!

Jiggyfly

Banned
I expect the ladies in the rest room might raise their eyebrows because even if this person is a woman they present themselves as a man and that could be an issue. Maybe not legally but as a practical matter it could. That is part of the rub. People being one sex presenting themselves as the opposite. It will surely make one wonder.
So those women being uncomfortable should not be an issue?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So those women being uncomfortable should not be an issue?
Of course it's an issue. According to your post this person is now a male. Is they are actually a male why are they in a ladies restroom?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Of course it's an issue. According to your post this person is now a male. Is they are actually a male why are they in a ladies restroom?
Really L.T.

The argument has been that a person should go to the bathroom of the gender they were born.

Did you miss all of that?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Really L.T.

The argument has been that a person should go to the bathroom of the gender they were born.

That isn't the issue at all. The issue is they should utilize the restroom of which they are a specified gender. If this person is now a, male he should be using the restroom of his specified gender. By your own description you stated the person was a changed gender from female to male.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Really L.T.

Additionally the initial argument was about people posing to be of a different gender when in actuality they were not. This person has has a medical sex change. That is the current gender they now espouse.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That isn't the issue at all. The issue is they should utilize the restroom of which they are a specified gender. If this person is now a, male he should be using the restroom of his specified gender. By your own description you stated the person was a changed gender from female to male.
What he was saying is that it is a transgender Female to Male. That doesn't necessarily mean they have had gender reassignment surgery. Although it could.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What he was saying is that it is a transgender Female to Male. That doesn't necessarily mean they have had gender reassignment surgery. Although it could.
If this person is still a female posing as male then my original contention is in play. This person will cause disruption in a female restroom.

townsend

Banned
Let's be clear though, no one gives a shit who goes into men's restrooms. Any crowded venue is going to experience some chick getting fed up with waiting in line for the girl's room, and she'll go into the men's restroom. And no one will give a shit (no pun intended). When we talk about what concerns people, it's 100% people who appear male going into women's restrooms. Since men are seen as the predatory gender.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Wait what?

Did you miss when Towns said this very same thing and was rebuked.

So now you would be "comfortable" as long as the trans has been "specified" a gender by what or who exactly I don't know but "specified".

So if that person was not specified you are ok with therm using the woman's restroom?

You gonna have to help me out here because you are all over the place.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Additionally the initial argument was about people posing to be of a different gender when in actuality they were not. This person has has a medical sex change. That is the current gender they now espouse.
That's not what the argument was it was said several times that a person should go to the bathroom they were born as.

Either you missed that or are ignoring it.

Top Bottom