Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck you, DFDC. Just fuck you.
He is from Texas. I can see it now.

Garrett: We feel very good about Josh McCown. He does things the right way. He has won games in this league. He plays football for a football team and is the right kind of guy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He is from Texas. I can see it now.

Garrett: We feel very good about Josh McCown. He does things the right way. He has won games in this league. He plays football for a football team and is the right kind of guy.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Causes some interesting possibilities. Cleveland probably won't go QB at #2. But they now are in good shape to trade down if someone wants Wentz/Goff at that point. If not then both may be there for us to take or work a slight trade down ourselves.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
2 years/15 mill for RGIII. Could be up to 22 mill with incentives.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today (Twitter links), Griffin can earn up to $750K in per-game active roster bonuses, and has a $750K roster bonus due on the third day of the 2017 league year. He can also make an extra $3.5MM in annual incentives based on playing time, yards, and passer rating, so the deal could max out at $22MM.

http://www.profootballrumors.com/browns-expected-to-sign-robert-griffin-iii/

DLK150

DCC 4Life
2 years/15 mill for RGIII. Could be up to 22 mill with incentives.
Holy shat, are they insane? On the other hand, thanks to the Browns front office for pricing Dallas out of the possibility of him signing with the Cowboys.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Holy shat, are they insane? On the other hand, thanks to the Browns front office for pricing Dallas out of the possibility of him signing with the Cowboys.
That's not crazy money.

That's a little over 7 a year Chase Daniels is getting about the same.

If he reaches his incentives it would still be pretty cheap.

townsend

Banned
That's not crazy money.

That's a little over 7 a year Chase Daniels is getting about the same.

If he reaches his incentives it would still be pretty cheap.
It's cheap for a starter, presumably the incentives make it affordable to keep him as a backup.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I guess it is cheap for a starter but I was still a little surprised considering he's only played a handful of games the last couple of seasons. I don't keep up with salaries much these days though, it's kind of easy to forget there are QBs who earn well into the teens.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's not bad for a QB. 7.5 mil a year, with a chance to go to 11 per if he hits all of his incentives. And if he does that, it means he's starting and probably playing well. This is a good contract for both parties involved. A prove it chance for Griffin, and a decent contract for Cleveland to get out of if he fails. Cheap for a starter if he does well.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It was funny how they announced this just as the Wentz pro day wrapped up.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The Fan here was reporting that the Cowboys front office folk attended Lynch's pro day and were really impressed. I would prefer one of the other 2 QBs but would still be happy with Lynch after a trade down or move back up from the 2nd round.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That's not bad for a QB. 7.5 mil a year, with a chance to go to 11 per if he hits all of his incentives. And if he does that, it means he's starting and probably playing well. This is a good contract for both parties involved. A prove it chance for Griffin, and a decent contract for Cleveland to get out of if he fails. Cheap for a starter if he does well.
Yep. He's getting paid what other average QBs are getting paid. It's just the nature of today's market. Look at Osweiler's contract. He's pulling in $18M per year based on a handful of pedestrian performances.

Top Bottom