Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Patriots cut WR Brandon LaFell and TE Scott Chandler.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I'd bring LaFell in on a incentive based contract. Help wake up Terrance Williams a bit

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rumor is the Patriots are clearing out space for Calvin Johnson. Don't ask me how they pull off acquiring his rights.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have to bitch about these players for a bit. So Calvin Johnson gonna retire cause he's stuck playing for a loser in the Lions, but if the Pats trade for him he'll come back? Here's a question... Why the hell did you sign a second contract with the Lions then dumbass? Did you not think someone would give you similar money in unrestricted free agency?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have to bitch about these players for a bit. So Calvin Johnson gonna retire cause he's stuck playing for a loser in the Lions, but if the Pats trade for him he'll come back? Here's a question... Why the hell did you sign a second contract with the Lions then dumbass? Did you not think someone would give you similar money in unrestricted free agency?
I have no doubt that the Lions would have just tagged him if he didn't sign. He probably was more interested in the security of a long term contract than playing yearly on the tag.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no doubt that the Lions would have just tagged him if he didn't sign. He probably was more interested in the security of a long term contract than playing yearly on the tag.
The signing bonus he got was way bigger then the tag too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Isn't there a limit for how many times you can tag the same player?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't there a limit for how many times you can tag the same player?
No but the amount goes up like 20% every year. Plus the player can negotiate a clause so that they can't be tagged in the future. So basically it gets really expensive really quick.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Will probably see more "Can't tag" clauses going forward.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Texans dropped Arian Foster.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
49ers sign RB Shaun Draughn to a one year contract.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coming off a shit season he would certainly be intriguing at 29 years old still.

The problem with pass rushers though is it seems like once the wheels fall off they really fall off.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom