Romo Watch Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Uh oh. Those leg collarbones are tough to come back from.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Uh oh. Those leg collarbones are tough to come back from.
For some reason I would like to see Sean Salsbury reply to that tweet.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If he's out eight weeks at least, they need to go ahead and do it.

They can't carry him, Gregory and Dez Bryant on the 53 forever.
Good news, then, Gregory could be back as soon as this week.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Heard very little about his situation, so no news is good I guess?
Nick Eatman said he may be back this coming week. Team mouthpiece I know, but if he was gonna be out 6 weeks they wouldn't be saying that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nick Eatman said he may be back this coming week. Team mouthpiece I know, but if he was gonna be out 6 weeks they wouldn't be saying that.
Pure speculation on his part and probably very wrong.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I doubt he's "very" wrong, he is in the building every day with what team officials are saying.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
wonder who all they will bring in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Johnson Working Out for Cowboys

Monday, Sept. 21

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported the Dallas Cowboys are taking a look at Johnson as they scramble for depth following Week 2. Star signal-caller Tony Romo suffered a fractured left clavicle in the Cowboys' victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, leaving Brandon Weeden in line to take over starting duties.

Although Johnson has seldom stuck on an NFL roster since being a 2008 fifth-round draft pick by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he does have good size (6'3", 205 lbs), a live arm and enough athleticism to beat defenses with his legs.

Since he's never proven his worth as a starting-caliber QB, Johnson likely won't see the field for America's Team unless the Cowboys install a special package for him. The New York Jets released him amid final roster cuts, and he was cast off by the Cincinnati Bengals in late August.

Weeden is the only other quarterback on Dallas' roster; the best the team could do as it stands is promote Kellen Moore from the practice squad. Moore is in his fourth year as a pro and has never thrown a pass in the regular season.

And this is all operating under the assumption Johnson signs with the Cowboys, which isn't guaranteed. La Canfora indicated Johnson is one of multiple QBs Dallas has reached out to, so it's possible there's a superior option the team can bring in to back up Weeden—or perhaps spell him in the event of poor play.

townsend

Banned
John Kitna is coaching High School ball down in Waxahachie, he should give it a go.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Bringing in Matt Flynn along with Johnson and Ponder.

dallen

Senior Tech
I doubt he's "very" wrong, he is in the building every day with what team officials are saying.
Read yesterday it was a mild sprain so it should be on the short end for a high ankle sprain

Top Bottom