2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2233boys

Not So New Member
No Sean Lee, Bailey
Not surprised Bailey didn't make it. Little Surprised Lee and Leary didn't get the call. Hopefully it is moot, and none of the Cowboys will be playing in it because we have a Super Bowl to win.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not surprised Bailey didn't make it. Little Surprised Lee and Leary didn't get the call. Hopefully it is moot, and none of the Cowboys will be playing in it because we have a Super Bowl to win.
Sean Lee is the one who surprised me. I guess he doesn't have the sacks/picks competing againsy 3-4 guys but his TFLs and tackles are impressive as hell.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sean Lee is the one who surprised me. I guess he doesn't have the sacks/picks competing againsy 3-4 guys but his TFLs and tackles are impressive as hell.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He didn't start playing like his old self until about week 5 or 6.

He's playing great now, but he didn't start that way so I'm not surprised to see him left out.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
More proof we can't rely on our current formula. This should be obvious. We'd have lost to Tampa had the defense not nabbed all those turnovers. The thought makes me sick.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
More proof we can't rely on our current formula. This should be obvious. We'd have lost to Tampa had the defense not nabbed all those turnovers. The thought makes me sick.
Yeah, because 12-2 proves what you're doing doesn't work.

Rayman

Brand New Member
Yeah, because 12-2 proves what you're doing doesn't work.
The hardest thing for most fans is that other teams have similar problems. Watch the Steelers some time. They do their best to blow every game with 15 yard penalties but they find a way to win the game. In the end it's all that matters.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fair analysis. Compare the last month with earlier in the season. Either the OL is getting worn down or sloppy or both. Maybe they can regroup with the bye.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The penalties and sacks are an issue. Come the playoffs teams will beat us if that continues.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The penalties and sacks are an issue. Come the playoffs teams will beat us if that continues.
I agree. Holding penalties are the most difficult thing though. They seem to always be in the eye of the beholder. I'll see what we would term a pancake block on one play that gets praised and the lineman will do the exact same thing on the next play and get called for holding on it. The NFL doesn't seem to have any real continuity or conformity on holding and at times I feel like it's just a random determination. One that seems to get called on us more often because we are knocking guys to the ground more often. I guess I feel a bit hopeless in trying to fit this part of things.

The sacks need to be cleaned up. It's mostly on our OT's and Doug Free to clean that up.

dallen

Senior Tech
He's right. That'll get replayed forever.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah. We should run deeper patterns that take longer to develop.

That'll clean up those holding penalties and sacks, by God.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah. We should run deeper patterns that take longer to develop.

That'll clean up those holding penalties and sacks, by God.
:lol

No shit. Let's have a line that is not killing it in pass pro have to do it even longer.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:lol

No shit. Let's have a line that is not killing it in pass pro have to do it even longer.
Dak is to blame for a lot of those sacks. He is holding the ball too long and probably being a bit too cautious throwing to guys unless he feels their wide open. The TB game was much better but he's had 3-4 games where he acted like he could sit back and just survey the field forever.

The holding penalties are killers...Not sure why it's such an issue the last few weeks.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dak is to blame for a lot of those sacks. He is holding the ball too long and probably being a bit too cautious throwing to guys unless he feels their wide open. The TB game was much better but he's had 3-4 games where he acted like he could sit back and just survey the field forever.
~headswing~
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom