Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

Carp

DCC 4Life
Been telling you for years...it's a kicking game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kevin Williams visits Giants

Defensive tackle meets with NFC East club

Aaron Wilson

April 15, 2014, 06:29 AM EST . .

Former Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Kevin Williams met with the New York Giants on Monday, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

Williams' visit continues Tuesday.

“I’m not sure what’s going to happen,” Williams told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. “I played 11 years in Minnesota. It didn’t work out there, and this is my first visit with another team. I’m not sure how to feel. It’s all new to me.”

Williams is a six-time Pro Bowl selection.

For his career, he has 60 sacks, five interceptins and seven forced fumbles.

The Vikings don't want Williams back, but the Giants are interested.

“I knew eventually a team would reach out and show interest,” Williams said. “But I wasn’t worried about it. Either way, whether something works out [Tuesday] or doesn’t work out and I retire, I’m comfortable with that. I’m not a guy who’s worried about going home and leaving football behind. Football isn’t everything.”
----------------

Dammit, this is the kind of guy we should be looking at right now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Chris Johnson visiting the Jets.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kevin Williams visits Giants

Defensive tackle meets with NFC East club

Aaron Wilson

April 15, 2014, 06:29 AM EST . .

Former Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Kevin Williams met with the New York Giants on Monday, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

Williams' visit continues Tuesday.

“I’m not sure what’s going to happen,” Williams told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. “I played 11 years in Minnesota. It didn’t work out there, and this is my first visit with another team. I’m not sure how to feel. It’s all new to me.”

Williams is a six-time Pro Bowl selection.

For his career, he has 60 sacks, five interceptins and seven forced fumbles.

The Vikings don't want Williams back, but the Giants are interested.

“I knew eventually a team would reach out and show interest,” Williams said. “But I wasn’t worried about it. Either way, whether something works out [Tuesday] or doesn’t work out and I retire, I’m comfortable with that. I’m not a guy who’s worried about going home and leaving football behind. Football isn’t everything.”
----------------

Dammit, this is the kind of guy we should be looking at right now.

I know he isn't the player that he used to be but I am definitely more then a little surprised that there hasn't been more interest in the guy. Hell Jay Ratliff already found a team.

D

Deuce

I know he isn't the player that he used to be but I am definitely more then a little surprised that there hasn't been more interest in the guy. Hell Jay Ratliff already found a team.
Ratliff had the luxury of being somewhat productive for a short span on a team that had a big need. Retaining him for cheap was an easy choice. Much different than being on the open market with younger and better options.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Williams played pretty well against us in our game versus Minny last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Josh Freeman agrees to contract with Giants

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 16, 2014, 12:25 PM EDT

Josh Freeman is Eli Manning’s new backup quarterback.

Shortly after news broke that Freeman and the Giants were close, Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports reported that the two sides have agreed to terms.

The Giants were the opponent for Freeman’s only start in a Vikings uniform, and Freeman was terrible: He completed just 20 of 53 passes for 190 yards, with no touchdowns and one interception, and the Vikings lost 23-7. But the Giants must have seen something that day — and in Freeman’s body of work with the Buccaneers — to make them think he has potential.

Freeman will compete with 2013 fourth-round draft pick Ryan Nassib and veteran Curtis Painter for the right to serve as the No. 2 quarterback behind Manning, and Freeman will probably enter training camp as the favorite to win the backup role. At age 26, there’s still time for Freeman to show that he has what it takes to be a starter, but that won’t happen in New York as long as Manning is around.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
I would've thought Ryan nassib would have the #2 spot locked down for the giants.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would've thought Ryan nassib would have the #2 spot locked down for the giants.
He must really not be progressing if they felt the need to chase Matt Flynn and actually sign Josh Freeman.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

But hey were are bringing in THE LaRon Byrd for a workout.

Cotton

Staff member

But hey were are bringing in THE LaRon Byrd for a workout.
According to ESPN, they just signed him to a 1 year deal.

Cotton

Staff member
The ESPN alert I got a few hours ago said 2 years.

Top Bottom