Plan For The DL

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My biggest fear, when it comes to Hatcher is this:

Jerry will see another "breakout year" player, buy into that player's agents claims that they will walk if Jerry doesn't pay, Jerry caves in and gives him a 4-5 year contract.

If Hatcher receives anything more than 2 years, with his age and past years of doing jack-shit, I will go insane!
Jerry Jones is an idiot.....we all know that. But c'mon, he has to have learned something from the Ratliff situation, right?

It may be a "breakout" year, but it's a breakout year for a 32 year old player.

I want to believe that even Jerry Jones can see that and think back to the Ratliff situation and decide to move on, but again, this is Jerry Jones we're talking about.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Jerry Jones is an idiot.....we all know that. But c'mon, he has to have learned something from the Ratliff situation, right?

It may be a "breakout" year, but it's a breakout year for a 32 year old player.

I want to believe that even Jerry Jones can see that and think back to the Ratliff situation and decide to move on, but again, this is Jerry Jones we're talking about.
Jerry never learns. Never has. Never will.

Sticking with the same overvalued crew of losers is 100% in-line with these morons. We all know that's their default strategy with any position group so don't be surprised when they do it again with little more than maybe a new draft pick to go with the terrible DL.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Ben Bass will be back this year.

You people are never satisfied.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We also forgot to mention the wildcard. John Brent will be on the opening day roster. Book it.
I would be inclined to believe this if it wasn't for the certain suspension he will get if he unretires.

D

Deuce

I would be inclined to believe this if it wasn't for the certain suspension he will get if he unretires.
He won't be active for a few weeks but believe it that he will be counted on for the majority of the season.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It's funny how this group knows these dumbasses so well. You easily predict the moves before they happen.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
It's funny how this group knows these dumbasses so well. You easily predict the moves before they happen.
It's not hard to figure out. The seasons change but the patterns of stupid decision-making and repeating the exact same mistakes never falter.

Jiggyfly

Banned
There is no way a DL is not picked in the 1st 2 rounds if only because that's the biggest glaring need on the team, and there is 2 much money tied up everywhere else the only way a Dl is not picked in the 1st is if they go safety.

I know everybody likes to shit on Dallas and drafting, but they have drafted pretty dam well the last 3 years.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think it's very possible that we take Zack Martin at 16, but generally speaking we probably go DL in the 1st.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think it's very possible that we take Zack Martin at 16, but generally speaking we probably go DL in the 1st.
I don't see it, Jerry came out looking like a rose with Free, and we know he wants his 1st round pick to be an immediate starter, if there was a great G maybe but a RT no way.

Safety and DL or a trade down and those would still be the top targets with a 1 technique moving into the mix.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Question? if Clowney is there at number 2 what would you give up to go get him?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Question? if Clowney is there at number 2 what would you give up to go get him?
Nothing.

To go from 16 to 2 would cost a fortune, and this team has too many holes to do that.

The only time you consider making a move of that magnitude is when it is for a possible franchise QB.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't see it, Jerry came out looking like a rose with Free, and we know he wants his 1st round pick to be an immediate starter, if there was a great G maybe but a RT no way.

Safety and DL or a trade down and those would still be the top targets with a 1 technique moving into the mix.
Martin could play guard before eventually moving to tackle.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's like you know something about the Cowboys that the rest of us don't...Please continue.
I could reveal my sources told me, but I just can't do that because I am not sure right now if they are joking or not. I hope you understand.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There is no way a DL is not picked in the 1st 2 rounds if only because that's the biggest glaring need on the team, and there is 2 much money tied up everywhere else the only way a Dl is not picked in the 1st is if they go safety.

I know everybody likes to shit on Dallas and drafting, but they have drafted pretty dam well the last 3 years.
Three 1st rounders, two 3rd rounders, and a 6th is the sum total of their "damned good" drafting from the last *four* years. Six legit starters in four years just isn't getting it done.

Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, and Tyrone Crawford have each barely played because of injuries, and I don't see how you can even count James Hanna. The rest are either cross-fingers-and-pray types or just chaff. Have we seen anything from Kyle Wilber that would lead you to believe he could ever start for real? I'm more excited about DaVonte Holloman, flaws and all, but he's still an unknown quantity as a potential starter.

The worst thing they ever did was sign Lee to that stupid deal. No mater how "favorable" they needed it to be incentive-laced to the max. Instead they went all Jerry and put it on faith that Lee would stay healthy. Now it's to the point the man can't even make a tackle without hurting his neck and threatening his career. Only Jerry.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Three 1st rounders, two 3rd rounders, and a 6th is the sum total of their "damned good" drafting from the last *four* years. Six legit starters in four years just isn't getting it done.

Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, and Tyrone Crawford have each barely played because of injuries, and I don't see how you can even count James Hanna. The rest are either cross-fingers-and-pray types or just chaff. Have we seen anything from Kyle Wilber that would lead you to believe he could ever start for real? I'm more excited about DaVonte Holloman, flaws and all, but he's still and unknown quantity as a potential starter.
Sh.... let him be contrary. Jerry is good at drafting now, duh.

The worst thing they ever did was sign Lee to that stupid deal. No mater how "favorable" they needed it to be incentive-laced to the max. Instead they went all Jerry and put it on faith that Lee would stay healthy. Now it's to the point the man can't even make a tackle without hurting his neck and threatening his career. Only Jerry.
:art

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The sad thing is when Claiborne isn't hurt he's a good player and makes a clear positive impact on the defense. Every game he played healthy the defense performed well (except vs Denver).

But to justify the expenditure of 1st and 2nd round picks he needed to be more than just a good corner, he had to remain healthy, continuously improve, and make big plays on the ball.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The sad thing is when Claiborne isn't hurt he's a good player and makes a clear positive impact on the defense. Every game he played healthy the defense performed well (except vs Denver).

But to justify the expenditure of 1st and 2nd round picks he needed to be more than just a good corner, he had to remain healthy, continuously improve, and make big plays on the ball.
I don't think you can say he's made a clear and positive impact. The guy has what, one gift INT from Cam Newton?

Not worth the price we paid to get him. Next Deion my ass.

Top Bottom