MLB Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
It killed Jerrod Weavers career.
What the Exec is saying if Boras has one of his high priced FA's sign this early it's a bad deal for the team, either in years or money. Boras usually waits until late in the process to get his big FA's signed. What the Exec is saying has nothing to do with how the player will perform.

The bottom line is Ellsbury is a good player who was way overpaid.

D

Deuce

One front that remained silent among all the action this week were any rumors involving one David Price...until now.

Jeff Passan reports that the Price talks are expected to heat up as the week progresses, with the Seattle Mariners, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Angels, Pittsburgh Pirates, Texas Rangers, Arizona Diamondbacks and Toronto Blue Jays all in the mix as teams with an interest and belief that they have the kind of players the Rays would desire for DP.

Per Passan, the Mariners seem to be the leading landing spot, with the potential addition of Robinson Cano increasing their odds. Taijuan Walker, a 21-year-old right-hander who is slated for big success, and was mentioned with Chris Archer in an article from Passan in September as two of the best young pitchers the majors will see in the next few years. Seattle fans are already displeased as the idea of losing one of their top prospects, with one blogger already comparing the trade to the likes of the James Shields-Wil Myers swap of last year.

With Walker could come a middle infielder like Nick Franklin or Brad Miller plus other prospects, though the Rays apparently are not set on youth, as they're open to the idea of "an established major league player with a team-friendly contract as the headliner" as well.

D

Deuce

On Heath Bell...

"His stuff is virtually as good as when he was a dominant closer with the Padres (2009-11)," says executive vice president Andrew Friedman. "He missed a lot of bats last year. He commanded the ball better than he had in previous years. He's just got a lot of things in place that give him a chance to be really good, and it's about trying to sync them all up."

So basically, we're going to rebuild his career and watch all the other teams fall over themselves trying to sign him once he's dominant again. Freidman is a mastermind.

D

Deuce

Tigers sign Joe Nathan to a two-year, $20MM contract with a $10MM option for 2016.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Mariners willing to go to 230-240 million for Cano. Wow. Wonder if its legit or if just trying to drive up the Yankees offer?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Mariners willing to go to 230-240 million for Cano. Wow. Wonder if its legit or if just trying to drive up the Yankees offer?
Any general manager that gives a 10 year contract worth that kind of money to a 31 year old middle infielder deserves the firing squad. Have these teams not learned from the other atrocious 10 year contracts given out to players > 30? A-Rod ring a bell? Albert Pujols? Unbelievable.

D

Deuce

Any general manager that gives a 10 year contract worth that kind of money to a 31 year old middle infielder deserves the firing squad. Have these teams not learned from the other atrocious 10 year contracts given out to players > 30? A-Rod ring a bell? Albert Pujols? Unbelievable.
It took them years to recover from that horrid deal to Chone Figgins and that was chump change compared to this.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The Cubs are hot out of the gate this offseason. They signed career nobody/utility IF Donnie Murphy, offensively retarded backup C George Kottarass, and LOOGY Wesley Wright. Look out NL Central!

Rev

Staff member
Rangers working on a deal for JP Arencibia. Yep. Called that one.

Rev

Staff member
The Cubs are hot out of the gate this offseason. They signed career nobody/utility IF Donnie Murphy, offensively retarded backup C George Kottarass, and LOOGY Wesley Wright. Look out NL Central!
:lol. Sorry ED.

D

Deuce

Wesley Wright was just such a let down after the trade last season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's official. Cano to the Mariners 10 years/240 mill.

Rev

Staff member
Better them than us.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Yanks are smart (Did I just say that?) not to go to that many years. Hopefully, they learned their lesson with the Arod deal.

I know they have a Plan B, so hopefully whatever they do works.

Rev

Staff member
Yay! Yippee! Hallelujah!

Ken Rosenthal tweets that the Rangers are still interested in bringing Napoli back. Even with Fielder here. Make it so, JD.

This would make my offseason but we shouldn't have let him leave.

Cotton

Staff member
Yay! Yippee! Hallelujah!

Ken Rosenthal tweets that the Rangers are still interested in bringing Napoli back. Even with Fielder here. Make it so, JD.

This would make my offseason but we shouldn't have let him leave.
I would yank it clean off if that happened.

Rev

Staff member
Yanks are smart (Did I just say that?) not to go to that many years. Hopefully, they learned their lesson with the Arod deal.

I know they have a Plan B, so hopefully whatever they do works.
First time a player has left the Yankees for a bigger contract?

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like the Marlins are after Napoli as well.

Top Bottom