NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I still hate that that 2005-2006 Mavs team didn't finish the deal after going up 2-0 on the Heat.

That 06'-'07 team was a letdown as well but I thought that series loss was more the result of a match up nightmare that the up and coming, high-energy Warriors presented.

I hated Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson with a passion after that series. :lol

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Schmitty and Simp hold bragging rights over Jiggyfly.

Bulls take down Rockets.

Josh Smith actually played well off the bench, the Rockets simply had no answer for Gasol and Butler.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's funny, Rose and Noah are still kind of easing their way back in and are both still on minute restrictions, Thibodeau is experimenting with different lineups with Mirotic playing at the 3 and such, yet the Bulls are still 25-10, on pace for somewhere around 55-60 wins and I don't feel like they're anywhere near their ceiling yet.

If this team stays healthy the East is basically fucked.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Warriors are hammering OKC.

Kerr has these guys clicking on all cylinders.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's funny, Rose and Noah are still kind of easing their way back in and are both still on minute restrictions, Thibodeau is experimenting with different lineups with Mirotic playing at the 3 and such, yet the Bulls are still 25-10, on pace for somewhere around 55-60 wins and I don't feel like they're anywhere near their ceiling yet.

Rose is in a bit of a shooting slump right now. If he can knock that off.... Lethal.

Noah always plays himself into game form after a couple months.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Yeah that size killed us but what really did it was going cold over the last 3 minutes, were still trying to get rotations down but the lack of another playmaker is going to hurt us in crunchtime.

Hell of a game though Gasol was killing it in the 1st half and that dunk by Butler, O my god.:lol

If Chicago does not make it out of the East they failed.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Cavs, Nuggets Close To Timofey Mozgov Deal

January 7 at 2:34pm CST By Chuck Myron

The Cavs and Nuggets are in “advanced” discussions that would see Timofey Mozgov head to Cleveland, sources tell Marc Stein and Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com (Twitter link), and the teams are on course to complete a deal as soon as today, according to Stein (on Twitter). Cleveland is willing to give up at least one first-round pick and additional assets to make it happen, Stein tweets. Cleveland’s monthslong pursuit of the Nuggets center had progressed to “serious off-and-on” talks, as Grantland’s Zach Lowe wrote earlier this week, while Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio heard recently that the Cavs were no longer receiving a “flat no” from Denver.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea, the Bulls are head and shoulders better than everyone else in the East, regardless of records.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I still hate that that 2005-2006 Mavs team didn't finish the deal after going up 2-0 on the Heat.

That 06'-'07 team was a letdown as well but I thought that series loss was more the result of a match up nightmare that the up and coming, high-energy Warriors presented.

I hated Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson with a passion after that series. :lol
We had no business losing game 3, and if we hold on to that lead, we're champions.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really hope the Bulls don't blow it and take advantage of their situation this year. East is ripe for them.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Cavs To Acquire Timofey Mozgov

January 7 at 2:53pm CST By Chuck Myron

The Cavs and Nuggets have agreed in principle on a deal that sends Timofey Mozgov to Cleveland, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Marc Stein and Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com reported the sides were in advanced discussions and on course to complete a deal today. Mozgov will head to Cleveland in exchange for the Grizzlies’ 2015 first-round pick and the Thunder’s 2015 first-round pick, both of which carry protections, Wojnarowski tweets, adding that there are no other players in the deal. The Cavs are using an exception to absorb Mozgov’s $4.65MM salary, according to Wojnarowski (Twitter link), and it’s almost certainly the $5,285,816 Keith Bogans trade exception. The Cavs had been carrying 14 players, so they won’t have to make a corresponding move.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Atlanta continues to impress. They're taking a 70-59 lead into the 4th against Memphis.

If they win this one that will give them another win against a top Western Conference team in recent weeks.

They've been the Clippers twice, the Mavs, Rockets, & Trailblazers.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
3 for 15 eh?

That's not pretty.
The last week or two he's shooting like 28% overall. Which is odd because he had a number of games where he was like 8-14, 10-16, etc, but now he can't buy a bucket. There may be a *gasp* injury he's playing through.

1bigfan13

Staff member
3 of 15 isn't bad compared to Westbrook's recent struggles.

Westbrook was 5 of 22 against the Warriors. He followed that up with a 3 for 19 performance last night against Sacramento.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Atlanta continues to impress. They're taking a 70-59 lead into the 4th against Memphis.

If they win this one that will give them another win against a top Western Conference team in recent weeks.

They've been the Clippers twice, the Mavs, Rockets, & Trailblazers.
I can easily see Atlanta making it to ECF and if they are hot going to the finals, they are a young San Antonio right now, plenty of ball movement and great shooting.

If I am OKC and SA especially SA I am getting worried if the Suns get hot that 8th seed is going to be hard to come by and NO has some talent to push teams.

D

Deuce

Celtics flipped Wright to Phoenix for a protected 1st that originally was Minnesota's and then Jeff Green to Memphis for Tayshaun Prince's expiring deal and another 1st round pick. Do it, Danny. Stockpile those picks and cap space.

The Celtics are now armed with what's likely to be six first-round selections and 14 total picks over the next two drafts. Not only does that allow Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge to add to his intriguing young nucleus, but the picks will aid him both in maneuvering around the draft board and allowing him to seek established talent via trades.

The Celtics are banking that their surplus of picks, some valuable trade exceptions, and developing young talent will help accelerate the rebuilding process that was stuck in neutral this season and prompted the change of direction that started with Rondo's departure last month.

:towel :towel :towel

D

Deuce

The Green deal needed some tweeks so the Pelicans joined it and ended up sending Austin Rivers to Boston. :towel

Big fan of that kid coming out of high school. Wish he would have went to Duke to develop a little more, but I like the addition.

Top Bottom