Cowboys at Bears | Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
He has no clue how to build a team or fix the defense. This moron listened to Lacewell, AGAIN, and thought old man Kiffin would be the answer. Same moron who hired Wade Phillips because he had to have a HC who had a 3-4 background to continue what BP started instead of just hiring a quality HC.

Nothing is going to change. Jerry has zero ideas of his own and just bouncing around from listening to Lacewell one year and Switzer the next sure isn't going to fix anything either.
Exactly. Next year it will be huge CBs like in Seattle to counter the big WRs that have eaten our lunch this year.

He's just slinging different shit on the wall every year and hoping something sticks. He knows he is a miserable failure as a GM and he knows the idiot fanbase is slowly catching on so he has to have something to sell every year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You refuse to admit that the talent level quite possibly could have caused the disparity in records.
No, I admitted Campo had worse talent.

What I said was, Campo's shittyness went beyond his 5-11 record. As Clay said, there have been few coaches completely over their heads as Campo was. His ineffectiveness went well beyond the raw "5 wins versus 8 wins." It is a much more nuanced analysis which is obviously appropriate, or a guy like Wade Phillips would be OMG teh best coach evar because of his regular season record.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Marshall: Cowboys done before game

Updated: December 10, 2013, 7:00 PM ET
By Michael C. Wright | ESPNChicago.com

The Bears defeated the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night before the ball was even kicked off, according to Chicago receiver Brandon Marshall, who thinks the chilly conditions affected the visiting team's psyche.

Marshall made the assessment based on observations of the Cowboys during pregame warmups at Soldier Field. Temperature at kickoff was 8 degrees, with a wind chill of minus-9 and 14 mile-per-hour winds.

"We beat Dallas last night before the game started," Marshall said Tuesday during the "Jay Cutler Show" on ESPN 1000. "When it was [receiver] Alshon [Jeffery], myself, Earl Bennett and some of the other guys outside warming up pregame, there was only a handful of Dallas players. I looked around and I said, 'Man, we've got these guys.'"

The Bears racked up 490 yards of offense as Josh McCown tossed four touchdown passes and ran for another in a 45-28 thrashing of the Cowboys. Marshall led the way for the Bears with a game-high 100 yards on six receptions, while Jeffery contributed five grabs for 84 yards and a touchdown.

Bennett said the weather "wasn't that bad to me," and that "some guys just sucked it up. Pretty much the whole team didn't wear any sleeves."

McCown was the only Chicago starter on offense to play the game wearing a long-sleeved shirt, while the rest of the players played sleeveless. In the two days of practice leading into Monday night's game, the Bears worked outside at Halas Hall, and the majority of the team's skill-position players didn't wear sleeves.

"The elements were already in their heads," Marshall said. "So pregame, I believe that we won. I'm pretty sure there [would have been] more guys out there if it wasn't colder, but they weren't out there. For us, once you start putting on sleeves and start doing things differently, you buy into the elements and the game is over."

But after the game, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant, who caught two passes for 12 yards and a touchdown, said: "I don't think the weather as too much of a factor."

During the week leading into Monday's game, former Cowboys special teams coach Joe DeCamillis described the atmosphere within that organization as "Hollywood," and two of the team's former players, tight end Martellus Bennett and defensive tackle Jeremiah Ratliff, agreed.

"I mean, I'm a Hollywood person. I would agree with [DeCamillis and Ratliff]," Bennett said. "Since I've been born, I've been meant to be on Disney. But they don't really like to take too many kids from the 'hood and put them on Disney nowadays. But for the most part, it's different. Everything here is based on football, and [there's] just a different type of chemistry with this team. Everybody is just about football all the time."
He's right.

They did not want to be there last night. Not so much a "quit" but they had no desire to be in those conditions.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think the idea that the weather beat us is complete horseshit. They legimately beat us. It could have been 70 and we'd have seen the same result.
I don't think so. Not saying we are some awesome defense if only the weather was better, but you could see it. They just weren't into it, on defense. That's a mental thing.

Seems pretty likely that the cold had something to do with that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Exactly. Next year it will be huge CBs like in Seattle to counter the big WRs that have eaten our lunch this year.

He's just slinging different shit on the wall every year and hoping something sticks. He knows he is a miserable failure as a GM and he knows the idiot fanbase is slowly catching on so he has to have something to sell every year.
True.

junk

Not So New Member

Sturm described it best. He described the team as reactive always running to fix a hole in the dam while another is springing up elsewhere. Always a year or two behind trying to fix problems.

DL - everyone could see it was an issue except the team.......position of strength!

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Absolutely our guys didn't want to be playing that game. They are just another pussy dome team now that shits itself bad weather.

See Detroit in Philly. Only thing keeping them in that game for a while was an outstanding effort by their return man.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No, I admitted Campo had worse talent.

What I said was, Campo's shittyness went beyond his 5-11 record. As Clay said, there have been few coaches completely over their heads as Campo was. His ineffectiveness went well beyond the raw "5 wins versus 8 wins." It is a much more nuanced analysis which is obviously appropriate, or a guy like Wade Phillips would be OMG teh best coach evar because of his regular season record.
Campo sucked.

So did his talent.

Garrett sucks.

But his talent is WAY better.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think so. Not saying we are some awesome defense if only the weather was better, but you could see it. They just weren't into it, on defense. That's a mental thing.

You argue two sides. Was it a mental thing or a weather thing?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Just remember...All this negative talk makes Ol' Jer want to "show'em".

:lol

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Last night when the Cowboys noses were bloody and the world was against them at the start of the 4th quarter, I thought of Jerrys rah rah speech and symbolically held up 4 fingers. Then Chicago scored again, and I said fuck it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Campo sucked.

So did his talent.

Garrett sucks.

But his talent is WAY better.
No, you are incorrect.

Talent is not the only difference between the two regimes. Garrett is simply a better coach than Campo and it's not even close.

And that's not a glowing commendation of Garrett. Even Wade friggin Phillips, Leslie Frazier, etc, are all much better than Campo.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You argue two sides. Was it a mental thing or a weather thing?
How are you not following this? The weather made them bitch out because they are mentally weak. That's why I keep saying things like "Its pretty obvious they wanted no part of the cold."

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The offense did not bitch out at all, the defense certainly did but I think more of that has to do with the fact that our DL is a complete joke. The offense actually came out and had one of the best drives of the year as soon as they got the ball to start the game.

There were plenty of chances to get off the field defensively but the DL got no pressure whatsoever all night, the defense overall was poor obviously but it all started up front.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Last night when the Cowboys noses were bloody and the world was against them at the start of the 4th quarter, I thought of Jerrys rah rah speech and symbolically held up 4 fingers. Then Chicago scored again, and I said fuck it.
:lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Nah.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
His offensive talent is better. The defense is obviously worse.
QB now is a billion light years better which is a grand canyon sized difference.

If you can't so much as even make the playoffs, not even once, when you have a good QB, you are just not a good coach.

It's really just that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom