Cowboys Injury Update Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Right now the only injury I want to know about is Aaron Rogers. That would be very helpful to know he will sit out on Sunday.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Garrett says no question Cowboys have had too many hamstring injuries

Jason Garrett said the Cowboys have had too many hamstring injuries and they study them to see how they happen and what can prevent them.

“We have to look at how we’re practicing and some of the things we’re doing in our strength and conditioning program,” Garrett said Wednesday. “We always try to evaluate that. We try to do good analysis of that along the way. We’ve had too many of them, there’s no question about that. They happen all around the league – I get that. But we have to keep doing our part and our evaluation to how we can eliminate them the best we can.”

Morris Claiborne, Dwayne Harris and Bruce Carter missed practice Wednesday because of hamstring injuries. Sean Lee, Miles Austin and Justin Durant have also missed time this year because of hamstrings.

Garrett said the Cowboys’ evaluations do not show one reason.

“Sometimes it has to do with the workload and how much running we’re doing,” he said. “You do look at how we’re warming up on all those days. Some of it is on the player to make sure they continue to warm up and stay fresh over the course of a game, depending on what the circumstances are. I don’t know if there’s anything you can pinpoint and say this is the reason. If there was, we would’ve addressed it and had it cleaned up a long time ago.”

Asked if the Cowboys suffer more or fewer hamstrings than other teams in the league, Garrett said, “We’ve done injury analysis before, and sometimes it’s difficult to pinpoint based on the statistics you get. Whether it’s missed practice time or game time, we’ve tried to do it to the best of our ability with every injury and see if there’s any sort of trend that we can do a better job of. I think it’s relatively consistent around the league.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Cotton

Staff member
Practice report: Dallas missing 3 players
December, 11, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys missed three players, Dwayne Harris, Bruce Carter and Morris Claiborne, due to hamstring injuries on Wednesday.

Harris said he won't play against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday and hopes to start running on Friday.

Sean Lee (stinger) was limited in practice but said of his work it, "felt good, real good."

Jason Hatcher and DeVonte Holloman each were full participants in practice with their neck injuries.

For the first time in weeks, defensive end DeMarcus Ware wasn't listed on the injury report. Ware has been dealing with a thigh injury.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My thing about the hamstring injuries it is not how many, but who.

It just amazes me how some guys get them over and over.

D

Deuce

My thing about the hamstring injuries it is not how many, but who.

It just amazes me how some guys get them over and over.
I remember Stephania Bell talking about hammy's a few months back and she said it's the injury that's most likely to reoccur amongst anything. She said once you strain it once, it becomes a lot easier to reinjure it over and over again. It will never fully heal to the way it once was.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I would have to conclude that vaginas make pro-athletes more susceptible to hamstring injuries, but Harris throws a wrench in that. He's easily one of my favorite Cowboys and I get the feeling he'll do whatever it takes to get back.

Cotton

Staff member
Mike Woicik looking to solve hamstring problems
December, 11, 2013
By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys have placed 10 different players on the injury report this season due to hamstring injuries. The current injury report, released Wednesday, lists four players with injury problems.

Bruce Carter, Morris Claiborne and Dwayne Harris didn't practice Wednesday due to hamstring issues and Justin Durant, also listed on the report, did practice.

Mike Woicik, Cowboys strength and conditioning coordinator, said his group is looking at ways to curtail the number of hamstring injuries.

"We look at all those things, all the time," Woicik said of fixing it. "Trainers, strength coaches always look at that. We're always looking for new ways that we can try to prevent it but we don’t have all the answers."

The Cowboys monitor the work habits of several players, including wide receiver Miles Austin who has dealt with hamstring problems in the past. Some players have a small device hooked to their shoulder pads that monitors their movements to see if too much work or not enough of it causes the problems.

"We have to look at how we’re practicing and some of the things we’re doing in our strength and conditioning program," coach Jason Garrett said. "We always try to evaluate that. We try to do good analysis of that along the way. We’ve had too many of them. There’s no question about that. They happen all around the league, I get that. But we have to keep doing our part and our evaluation to how we can eliminate them the best we can."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The best way to eliminate them might be to simply get rid of Miles Austin.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I wonder if anyone has used all the other hamstring injuries to help fake their own? Bruce Carter and Mo Claiborne come to mind.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder if anyone has used all the other hamstring injuries to help fake their own? Bruce Carter and Mo Claiborne come to mind.
Carter in particular. That guy really looks like he just wants the season to end.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The best way to eliminate them might be to simply get rid of Miles Austin.
Yeah. If a player suffers a dehabiliting hamstring injury just put them on the trade or cut block and it might send the message to some who are milking the system.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah. If a player suffers a dehabiliting hamstring injury just put them on the trade or cut block and it might send the message to some who are milking the system.
Dunno if cutting or trading is an option, but everyone has seen how Austin has been "saved" because of his hamstrings.

He's literally sat out weeks of practice that if some schlub tried to whine about his hamstrings, he'd be cut.

That's the problem with signing oft-injured players to big contracts.

And we have all seen very recently, you can blatantly fake an injury and still get paid if you want to. Ratliff is living proof.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dunno if cutting or trading is an option, but everyone has seen how Austin has been "saved" because of his hamstrings.

He's literally sat out weeks of practice that if some schlub tried to whine about his hamstrings, he'd be cut.

That's the problem with signing oft-injured players to big contracts.

And we have all seen very recently, you can blatantly fake an injury and still get paid if you want to. Ratliff is living proof.
These are the two guys I accused of goldbricking last year. It appeared obvious to me at the time but somehow it stretched out until now. The common denominator is how well they played and stayed in shape until they got the big buck contract then how quickly they became cripples.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
These are the two guys I accused of goldbricking last year. It appeared obvious to me at the time but somehow it stretched out until now. The common denominator is how well they played and stayed in shape until they got the big buck contract then how quickly they became cripples.
You can always tell with injured players.

The ones that talk, while injured...they want to play.

Hell, Lee misses a game, he's bouncing off the walls. I hate that he's hurt a lot, but he gets a pass from me for at least putting on the show like he gives a shit.

Guys like Austin and Ratliff could be injured for weeks at a time and you don't hear a damn thing out of them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You can always tell with injured players.

The ones that talk, while injured...they want to play.

Hell, Lee misses a game, he's bouncing off the walls. I hate that he's hurt a lot, but he gets a pass from me for at least putting on the show like he gives a shit.

Guys like Austin and Ratliff could be injured for weeks at a time and you don't hear a damn thing out of them.
Yep they attained their goal so they are content to retreat to the recliner.

Top Bottom