Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

dallen

Senior Tech
I do like Swaim and he and Dak must have worked together a ton in the off-season. He really seemed to have no idea what to do on his big gain, just running awkwardly.

Reminded me of when I was a kid and my retarded cousin would get off his harness and just run for hours on the field behind my grandparents house. That retarded bastard never caught any birds out there, but it was not for lack of effort.
What was his name?

data

Forbes #1
Dak Prescott will have a SB ring before Goff takes a snap

What is wrong with Sean Lee?

He made a nice play on that 3rd down before the 2 min awarding, but he looks awful through 2 weeks.

He looks lost half the time and some of the angles he's taking are that of a 5th round rookie, not a guy who has pro bowl ability.
Just like any players that are always injured eventually they seem to lose their mojo and become average.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak Prescott will have a SB ring before Goff takes a snap
It's crazy how quickly the world can change. Would anyone trade Goff for Dak straight up right now? Contracts included? I'd have a real hard time making that trade even though a few months ago during the draft you would be an idiot not to take that trade.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I know I mentioned it earlier but why the hell are we keeping Escobar? We've gotten more out of Swaim that we've ever gotten out of him.
Maybe Swaim can become a player for us and we can pretend he was a 2nd rounder while Escobar was a 7th.

The thing that galls me the most is our pitiful drafts. So many wasted, dumb 2nd-4th round picks over the years. It's always nice when we get a late draftee or undrafted player step up, like Beasley and now Swaim have done. But it irks me to no end when I see the 2nd day picks like Escobar and T. Williams do virtually nothing.

First rounders is where you should get starters and pro bowlers. But the core of the team should be 2nd-4th rounders and we miss on far more than he get right. Main reason we have been about .500 for the last 20 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just like any players that are always injured eventually they seem to lose their mojo and become average.
I mean he had his moments. The third down stop was money. The pass that he should have picked was excellent. But he also had head scratching moments and frankly has not be great against the run so far this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
First rounders is where you should get starters and pro bowlers. But the core of the team should be 2nd-4th rounders and we miss on far more than he get right. Main reason we have been about .500 for the last 20 years.
I don't know that we miss more then other teams. We just have less of those 2-4th round picks then we should and frankly we don't cut bait soon enough. The Patriots would have flipped Escobar for a pick by now and moved Swain into his spot. Who cares if you miss on the second and hit on the seventh. The hitting in the seventh essentially makes up for the miss in the second. That's how Parcells always thought about it. But instead Dallas will stick with that second rounder purely because he was a second rounder. Even at the cost of a seventh rounder who they may have hit on.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't know that we miss more then other teams. We just have less of those 2-4th round picks then we should and frankly we don't cut bait soon enough. The Patriots would have flipped Escobar for a pick by now and moved Swain into his spot. Who cares if you miss on the second and hit on the seventh. The hitting in the seventh essentially makes up for the miss in the second. That's how Parcells always thought about it. But instead Dallas will stick with that second rounder purely because he was a second rounder. Even at the cost of a seventh rounder who they may have hit on.
I agree we don't cut bait soon enough, mainly due to Jerry not wanting to admit to another bust. But the difference between the good teams and the great teams is when you hit on 2nd/3rd rounders and the occasional late rounder.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Just checked in and saw the Seattle-LA score. What the hell is up with Seattle's offense?

Jeeze. Second week in a row that they've struggled to score.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
It's crazy how quickly the world can change. Would anyone trade Goff for Dak straight up right now? Contracts included? I'd have a real hard time making that trade even though a few months ago during the draft you would be an idiot not to take that trade.
No, I can honestly wouldn't even entertain a trade for Goff.

The only one who I think will have a comparable career is Wentz. Hate that our division rival got a good one for years to come.

Top Bottom