A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, an entire state is standing against this. The biggest state in the nation, to be exact, yet the outrage against this is made up. Yeah, okay.
North Dakota just announced the same thing this morning.

Either we let boys into the girls locker room, or our president threatens to pull funding. From which the free lunch program for poor kids, among other things, is a large part.

Makes complete sense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION] [MENTION=88]townsend[/MENTION]

I like to debate and discuss issues that are important. But I refuse to let anger and pride get the best of me so I apologize for personally offending both of you. I was wrong.

I feel that I can have a really heated discussion with someone like iamtdg because we are friends and have a lot of mutual respect for each other. We can cuss each other out and not really think much about it later but this is different, so I do admit I am wrong for making it personal. My emotions got the best of me.
Hey, fuck you. I expect to be treated the same as everyone else. I was not born your friend, but I now identify as your friend. Basically, I have no idea where I'm going with this, but it made sense when I started typing and got lost about the second sentence.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You're obviously on emotional melt down mode right at this point.

Haha I've been there.
The only reason I got heated is when you accused me of being someone who would go there about your daughter.

That was chickenshit on your part especially when you were the one who brought her up.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So, an entire state is standing against this. The biggest state in the nation, to be exact, yet the outrage against this is made up. Yeah, okay.
The entire state is not standing against that.

Dallas already allows this and there where 2 other municipalities doing the same.

You really have no clue about what is really going on here.

TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cotton

Staff member
The entire state is not standing against that.

Dallas already allows this and there where 2 other municipalities doing the same.

You really have no clue about what is really going on here.

TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, the Lt. Governor doesn't speak for the state?

Cotton

Staff member
Not for school districts. Not part of his job.
The point is, the state will be losing funding, so essentially the state is taking a stand against it.

townsend

Banned

I like to debate and discuss issues that are important. But I refuse to let anger and pride get the best of me so I apologize for personally offending both of you. I was wrong.

I feel that I can have a really heated discussion with someone like iamtdg because we are friends and have a lot of mutual respect for each other. We can cuss each other out and not really think much about it later but this is different, so I do admit I am wrong for making it personal. My emotions got the best of me.
I respect you skid, when I first found out we were on opposite sides of this I really didn't want to engage you on it, for this exact reason. But then I let my goat get got, and at that point my argument got more important than your emotions, and for that I apologize for not just letting you vent. (As an aside I've accidentally reduced my partner to tears because I wouldn't drop something, that I didn't even realize was an argument, so it's a known problem)

Maybe two pages from now when we hate each other again, we should probably both remember that we're both actually good guys, trying our best.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hey, fuck you. I expect to be treated the same as everyone else. I was not born your friend, but I now identify as your friend. Basically, I have no idea where I'm going with this, but it made sense when I started typing and got lost about the second sentence.
I don't identify with being your friend but in stuck with you.

Jiggyfly

Banned

No biggie.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Woman mistaken for transgender harassed in Walmart bathroom
By Matt DeRienzo Updated 3:50 pm, Monday, May 16, 2016

DANBURY - Aimee Toms was washing her hands in the women’s bathroom at Walmart in Danbury Friday when a stranger approached her and said, “You’re disgusting!” and “You don’t belong here!”
After momentary confusion, she realized that the woman next to her thought - because of her pixie-style haircut and baseball cap - that she was transgender.

Toms believes the incident happened because of the national controversy sparked by a law that was passed in North Carolina attempting to force transgender people to use the bathroom of the gender they were identified as at birth. Since then, religious conservatives have launched a boycott of Walmart competitor Target, which has said transgender people are welcome to use its bathrooms freely. Nationally, Walmart has been silent on the issue.

Toms, a 22-year-old from Naugatuck who works at a retail store in the Bethel-Danbury retail area around Walmart, posted a video “rant” about her experience on Facebook Friday that had been viewed more than 12,000 times by Sunday evening.

“After experiencing the discrimination they face firsthand, I cannot fathom the discrimination transgender people must face in a lifetime,” she said. “Can you imagine going out every day and having people tell you you should not be who you are or that people will not accept you as who you are?”

Toms said on Sunday that she isn’t embarrassed talking about someone mistaking her for male, just upset that the North Carolina law has emboldened people like the woman she encountered.

“I think this is all just a response. No one was telling these people to be scared of transgender people before. No one was telling them that they should be throwing people out of bathrooms,” Toms said. “As if it wasn’t scary enough for transgender people to use the bathroom before.”

Besides being a pretty normal choice of style for women, Toms’ has a short haircut because she recently donated hair - for the third time - to a program that makes wigs for child cancer patients.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Do you really not understand how this works?

Let me ask this question, does Obama speak for you?
As an aside, the Constitution gives the federal government no say in education, so he probably shouldn't be speaking on this issue at all.

townsend

Banned
As an aside, the Constitution gives the federal government no say in education, so he probably shouldn't be speaking on this issue at all.
It's more complicated than that though, as chief executive of the United States he has control over the dept of education. Admittedly that wasn't the original layout of the constitution, but it's not exactly a new precedent.

Top Bottom