2016 Senior Bowl Stuff...

dallen

Senior Tech
Seems like playing with 2 neutral rosters would be a good way to evaluate one coaching staff vs another

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Looks like Marinelli's defenses can't stop rub routes no matter who is playing for him.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Kind of uneven performance by Wentz. He made a couple of really nice throws, some were dropped which would've moved the chains, but I also think he showed some of the concerns that I have with him, namely that he locks onto WR's at times, not fully seeing the field, and his footwork can get stagnant.

I 100% want the guy at 4 but the hype is starting to get a bit out of control where it seems some of the consensus is starting to go towards him being the Browns pick at 2. The guy is a very legitimate prospect and the Browns could very well take him due to having the bigger arm between him and Goff with respect to the AFC North weather, as well as Jackson's experience with a guy like Flacco, but I don't think he's a guy who is ready to go win games for you right out of the gate without sitting for a bit.

Yea, he's big as fuck, has a big arm, very athletic, great intangibles, but he does not see the field or go through progressions as well as Goff right now, nor is he as good as Goff at moving around in the pocket to buy that extra second to get a pass off. Those are two huge things when it comes to playing QB in the NFL.

Again, I'm all on board with him at 4 and I'm kind of glad that he didn't completely kill it during the game because it makes it that much more likely that the Browns take Goff and/or that some team doesn't lose their mind and give up an entire draft to trade up in front of us, but he is still the relatively raw prospect who needs a year or two on the bench first, despite the media hype.
Shit I watched some film on Goff. That guy looks like Payton out there. I would draft him in a second if the Browns don't take him. Seemed to have plenty of arm to me...

dallen

Senior Tech
Ya'll about to bask in the glory of Brandon Allen

dallen

Senior Tech
:lol talking about how into the game the locals are while the stands are half empty behind you

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kind of uneven performance by Wentz. He made a couple of really nice throws, some were dropped which would've moved the chains, but I also think he showed some of the concerns that I have with him, namely that he locks onto WR's at times, not fully seeing the field, and his footwork can get stagnant.

I 100% want the guy at 4 but the hype is starting to get a bit out of control where it seems some of the consensus is starting to go towards him being the Browns pick at 2. The guy is a very legitimate prospect and the Browns could very well take him due to having the bigger arm between him and Goff with respect to the AFC North weather, as well as Jackson's experience with a guy like Flacco, but I don't think he's a guy who is ready to go win games for you right out of the gate without sitting for a bit.

Yea, he's big as fuck, has a big arm, very athletic, great intangibles, but he does not see the field or go through progressions as well as Goff right now, nor is he as good as Goff at moving around in the pocket to buy that extra second to get a pass off. Those are two huge things when it comes to playing QB in the NFL.

Again, I'm all on board with him at 4 and I'm kind of glad that he didn't completely kill it during the game because it makes it that much more likely that the Browns take Goff and/or that some team doesn't lose their mind and give up an entire draft to trade up in front of us, but he is still the relatively raw prospect who needs a year or two on the bench first, despite the media hype.
Goff is probably the most well-schooled and prepared to play now.

Wentz or Lynch need development. Isn't that what we have? Time?

Three years of Romo, it's not a damn debate guys?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Goff is probably the most well-schooled and prepared to play now.

Wentz or Lynch need development. Isn't that what we have? Time?

Three years of Romo, it's not a damn debate guys?
Yea I mean that's why I'm more than happy to take Wentz, I just think it's comical how the media hype is building so much so that people are starting to act like the is the no-brainer pick for Cleveland.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shit I watched some film on Goff. That guy looks like Payton out there. I would draft him in a second if the Browns don't take him. Seemed to have plenty of arm to me...
Yeah Goff has a strong arm. It's just not a cannon like Wentz.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh that sneaky Garrett with Braxton Miller running the Crayton Reverse.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I really like Day, he'd be a great pick in the 3rd or 4th but I swear to God above if we draft him and think that solves our DT situation without signing a free agent with some size. The Linval Joseph comparison for Butler looks like a really good one, maybe even a poor man's Kawann Short, and he'd be fantastic in the middle next to Crawford.

Same goes for Clark, Rankins, Billings and Johnson. I really like Day but this dude is not an answer at DT, he's a guy you take with the idea of moving him around a bit, kick him inside for nickel/dime, nice rotational piece, he isn't a guy you play at DT in base defense on 2nd and 5 all year long.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ed Eagen with the Shrimp Beasley crossing route.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really like Day, he'd be a great pick in the 3rd or 4th but I swear to God above if we draft him and think that solves our DT situation without signing a free agent with some size. The Linval Joseph comparison for Butler looks like a really good one, maybe even a poor man's Kawann Short, and he'd be fantastic in the middle next to Crawford.

Same goes for Clark, Rankins, Billings and Johnson. I really like Day but this dude is not an answer at DT, he's a guy you take with the idea of moving him around a bit, kick him inside for nickel/dime, nice rotational piece, he isn't a guy you play at DT in base defense on 2nd and 5 all year long.
We need size on the DL for sure. They got eaten up when teams decided to run the ball since they are consumed being all "quick twitch".

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We need size on the DL for sure. They got eaten up when teams decided to run the ball since they are consumed being all "quick twitch".
The idea that a guy has to be 285-295 to be quick twitch is a farce too. Is Kawann Short not quick twitch?

Even coming out I thought he had some of that to him.

Butler has some twitch to him for sure, Rankins definitely does too. I'm going to be pretty furious if we completely ignore DT again in free agency and the draft with the prospects that are available.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow, they actually scored a TD. :faint

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Miller doesn't look as explosive in the game as he did in practice, do not want at 34.

Spence looks just as good as he did in practice, which is to say he looks like the best player on the field.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The idea that a guy has to be 285-295 to be quick twitch is a farce too. Is Kawann Short not quick twitch?

Even coming out I thought he had some of that to him.

Butler has some twitch to him for sure, Rankins definitely does too. I'm going to be pretty furious if we completely ignore DT again in free agency and the draft with the prospects that are available.
Get ready for it.

This draft is just too deep and talented for us to do what anyone with a functional brain would do. We will use the idea that everyone is preoccupied with the DTs to get all clever and mine for the corner talent.

Top Bottom