Divisional Playoff Stuff...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Meh.

Lets see if he can keep that streak going against Bruce "The Pick Magnet" Carter.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's no way I can say I like our chances in this game but fuck it, I'd rather play Rodgers and his injured calf in 20 degree weather on a shit field than in a 70 degree dome, the Packers rush D is bottom half of the league and we seem to have nothing but good vibes going for us now.

It's not likely that we win but it wasn't likely that the Ravens would beat the Broncos in Denver 2 years ago either.

GShock

DCC 4Life
That would be nice. Hopefully he doesn't go back into his shell like Escobust.
Man that went poorly again Sunday. Appeared to take his route too deep on a long 3rd down, then Romo was low and behind him on the game winning drive.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not to be a damper, but GB is undefeated at home this year.
Being perfect on the road impresses me alot more than being perfect at home. I think one is much harder than the other.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think it would be awesome if Rodgers' INT streak is broken just to hear the shock in Joe Buck's voice.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think it would be awesome if Rodgers' INT streak is broken just to hear the shock in Joe Buck's voice.
And then we would have to watch him use it as an excuse to cry on Troys shoulder.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Officials breakdown: Gene Steratore
January, 6, 2015

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Gene Steratore hopes to avoid the scrutiny colleague Pete Morelli has been under when he referees Sunday’s game between the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

Since 2010, the Cowboys are 1-3 in games officiated by Steratore. The only win came in Week 4 this season against the New Orleans Saints. In the four games, the Cowboys have been flagged 21 times for 166 yards while their opponents have been penalized 20 times for 148 yards.

The most recent playoff game Steratore worked was last year’s NFC Championship Game between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks. The Niners had seven penalties for 65 yards and the Seahawks had eight for 66 yards.

Steratore worked the Week 17 finale between the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens. They called 19 penalties with 15 accepted penalties for 113 yards. The Browns had seven penalties for 58 yards. The Ravens were flagged eight times for 55 yards.

Here is the breakdown:

False start -- 2
Defensive pass interference -- 1
Invalid fair catch signal -- 1
Ineligible man downfield -- 1
Offensive holding -- 4
Offside, free kick -- 1
Unnecessary roughness -- 2
Defensive holding -- 2
Illegal formation -- 1
Offside -- 1
Delay of game -- 2
Encroachment -- 1

Quarter-by-quarter

First -- 3
Second -- 5
Third -- 7
Fourth -- 4

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Wow.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He can thank his beast of a QB

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He can thank his beast of a QB
Yeah great QBs are able to avoid sacks with movement in the pocket and getting the ball off quickly. Rodgers is the best at those two things in the NFL. Romo is pretty good but he tends to hold the ball too long and takes some unnecessary sacks as a result.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah great QBs are able to avoid sacks with movement in the pocket and getting the ball off quickly. Rodgers is the best at those two things in the NFL. Romo is pretty good but he tends to hold the ball too long and takes some unnecessary sacks as a result.
Yep and its those tendencies that have gotten him in trouble in the past. Holding the ball then forcing a throw. Hopefully the improvment in the OL has alleviated the majority of it but he still doesnt want to throw the ball away.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep and its those tendencies that have gotten him in trouble in the past. Holding the ball then forcing a throw. Hopefully the improvment in the OL has alleviated the majority of it but he still doesnt want to throw the ball away.
Those two sacks he took against the Lions could have been killer. We went from TD range to barely being in field goal range. All with excellent blocking in front of him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Those two sacks he took against the Lions could have been killer. We went from TD range to barely being in field goal range. All with excellent blocking in front of him.
The adjustment to get the ball out quicker down the stretch in the 4th quarter spelled doom for the Lions. Dallas needed to make the adjustment faster.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Romo, when he was younger was as good as anyone. One of the slipperiest in the pocket that I can remember. He's gotten gunshy though and that's part of his problem. Rodgers is easily tougher in the pocket and under pressure.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Romo, when he was younger was as good as anyone. One of the slipperiest in the pocket that I can remember. He's gotten gunshy though and that's part of his problem. Rodgers is easily tougher in the pocket and under pressure.
And it doesn't hurt that Rodgers can throw the ball a mile, too. Rodgers is the perfect QB. I don't think you could design a better one both physically and mentally.

But Romo has this intangible creativity that always gives Dallas a chance to win, especially when the running game is going. GB's one weakness has been an over-reliance on the pass. Hopefully we can knock them back into that mode this weekend.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
And it doesn't hurt that Rodgers can throw the ball a mile, too. Rodgers is the perfect QB. I don't think you could design a better one both physically and mentally.

But Romo has this intangible creativity that always gives Dallas a chance to win, especially when the running game is going. GB's one weakness has been an over-reliance on the pass. Hopefully we can knock them back into that mode this weekend.

I think Rodgers not being 100% this weekend helps tremendously.

Calf injuries in the cold? Brutal.

The Cowboys have shown they can stop the run pretty well over the last 4-5 games for the most part.

Unfortunately Rodgers can carry that team on his arm alone, but I like the Cowboys chances a lot more with him being nicked up.

Green Bays D doesn't scare anyone. Outside of Matthews, they really don't have anyone over there to get the nervous shits about.

The Cowboys D is ranked 14th, while GB is 18th if you go by total yards. they are 18/19 if you go by points.

Basically I believe whoevers D plays the best wins this game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Basically I believe whoevers D plays the best wins this game.
I think Dallas's offense blows up their undersized front by the third quarter. Dallas has the youth and depth on defense and patience and balance offensively to last in a game like this.

From GB's perspective they need to strike fast, like immediately, get on top and relentlessly stay on top by running Lacey up our asses. From their perspective the lower scoring the game, the more it tilts towards Dallas.

Top Bottom