Wildcard Sunday Chatter | Cowboys and Lions | 1/4/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Meh, I think calling people out for being wrong is par for the course on this board. Just like bragging about being right is. If in the heat of the moment you are right you deserve to brag. Hell outside of the heat of the moment you have a right to brag. Just like the people on this board that predicted a good season and were right.
There is a huge difference between calling someone out for saying something in the heat of a gameday thread and calling someone out for a pregame prediction or draft prediction.

I guess you see that differently, and if you do, you are a dumbass.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Picking up the flag on the PI being the big one. It's one thing to not call the penalty, but picking it up is another.

I think there were a couple defensive holdings on the Lions in the 4th that granted automatic 1sts, one with Cole Beasely.
But which one of those was a bad call? The Hitchens PI would have been a horrifically bad call. It needed to be picked up. Faceguarding isn't a PI and he didn't physically interfere with the receiver. In fact the receiver grabbed his facemask and then let go and pushed off on him. I don't see how that is even a debatable call.

The other ones you are refering to are a PI on Beasley where the defensive player tackled him before the ball got there. There was also a defensive holding on a screen where they tackled out RB before the ball got there. Those were painfully obvious good calls.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You're going Mission Impossible in the reboot? I thought this was staying old-school adventure.
It is, but Marvel owns the rights to Growler now. Slight changes.

Lotuseater

Banned
If it had happened to us and not Detroit, at such a pivotal point, we would be blaming the loss on the ref's and every one of you damn well knows it. The flag was a ridiculous call. PICKING UP the damn flag and admitting they made a stupid call? Unheard of. Usually they just ride and die with a call like that, indignant, unapologetic and proud of it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Meh, I think calling people out for being wrong is par for the course on this board. Just like bragging about being right is. If in the heat of the moment you are right you deserve to brag. Hell outside of the heat of the moment you have a right to brag. Just like the people on this board that predicted a good season and were right.
There is a difference in a preseason poll and a live event. Even stuff that is said during the week but we all get caught up in the emotions of the games and say stuff that wouldnt normally be said. You shouldnt hold that against them

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Don't forget Rodgers has that calf injury. He won't be able to move around like normal or scramble if need be.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Look at you all celebrate when you gave up on them like the 2010 Cowboys gave up on Wade.

That team went from 1-7 to 8-8.

Shame on you!!!!
No they didn't. They finished 6-10 and then managed three straight 8-8 seasons. This is the first year they did anything meaningful since '09.

dallen

Senior Tech
Lots of people were unhappy with the refs in the first half but no one was blaming them for us being behind. There wouldn't be many blaming the refs if that call went against us. The Lions had plenty of chances to win.

data

Forbes #1
But which one of those was a bad call? The Hitchens PI would have been a horrifically bad call. It needed to be picked up. Faceguarding isn't a PI and he didn't physically interfere with the receiver. In fact the receiver grabbed his facemask and then let go and pushed off on him. I don't see how that is even a debatable call.
I agree with you that I don't think it was PI, but with the way the rules are these days, who knows. Mike Periera said it was textbook PI while Aikman, I believe, said it wasn't PI.

Faceguarding is PI. If Hitchens had his head turned, then it's not PI.

Again, a non-Cowboys fan could say it's not necessarily a bad call if not called, but it's worse to pick up a flag that was called...cuz the ref did make the official verbal announcement.

Kind of like an instant replay that reverses a call, but it's not 100% obvious.

Cotton

Staff member
Lots of people were unhappy with the refs in the first half but no one was blaming them for us being behind. There wouldn't be many blaming the refs if that call went against us. The Lions had plenty of chances to win.
But, it's awfully easy to come in after the fact and troll.

Or sit in the gameday thread and say stupid shit like Lotus did.

data

Forbes #1
No they didn't. They finished 6-10 and then managed three straight 8-8 seasons. This is the first year they did anything meaningful since '09.
There are different kinds of 8-8 seasons, too. We were division winners that shot ourselves in the foot to become 8-8. Our 1991 team at 7-9 left us hopeful for next year. The three 8-8s left us in despair.

GShock

DCC 4Life
What an awesome, awesome win.

We had every reason in the world to lose that game. Stupid penalties, missed FG, refusal to commit to the run, Barry Church's one man mission to get Taint into the Hall of Fame, and Lord Jesus, the mother of all gaffes when Lawrence fumbled.

But we did not quit. Romo led a 4th quarter comeback drive to take the lead, and the defense rose up, with Lawrence getting the strip/sack/recovery trifecta.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

Cotton

Staff member
What an awesome, awesome win.

We had every reason in the world to lose that game. Stupid penalties, missed FG, refusal to commit to the run, Barry Church's one man mission to get Taint into the Hall of Fame, and Lord Jesus, the mother of all gaffes when Lawrence fumbled.

But we did not quit. Romo led a 4th quarter comeback drive to take the lead, and the defense rose up, with Lawrence getting the strip/sack/recovery trifecta.

Fan-freaking-tastic.
:towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom