TV Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

Justified does start off quicker as far as action goes. I still liked season 1 BB better. It just caught my attention from the start.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Starz has had some quality tv, but they pull the plug on shows too quickly like HBO used to. Party Down was great.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So from what I can tell only myself and CRock watch True Detective?

That's some shit.

D

Deuce

So from what I can tell only myself and CRock watch True Detective?

That's some shit.
I haven't seen the latest episode, but I watch it. Definitely intriguing and McConaughey is both great and creepy at the same time.

D

Deuce

The third is the best episode so far.
That's the most recent one I've seen. The dude at the end was creepy as hell. Having Eli from Boardwalk Empire as the preacher tells me that church is going to be front and center the rest of the way as well. There's a lot of directions they can go.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's the most recent one I've seen. The dude at the end was creepy as hell. Having Eli from Boardwalk Empire as the preacher tells me that church is going to be front and center the rest of the way as well. There's a lot of directions they can go.
Ah, well that's the most recent one since they didn't have an episode this past Sunday due to the Super Bowl.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
:lol

Justified does start off quicker as far as action goes. I still liked season 1 BB better. It just caught my attention from the start.
Season one of BB starts of like a nuclear bomb but a few episodes in it starts dragging. I didn't notice it the first time around because the hook was set after a few episodes but after a second watch I noticed it.

Still the best show in the history of film IMO.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Season one of BB starts of like a nuclear bomb but a few episodes in it starts dragging. I didn't notice it the first time around because the hook was set after a few episodes but after a second watch I noticed it.

Still the best show in the history of film IMO.
I am on my maiden voyage with it. I am now on season 5 about half way through. It is a pretty compelling production.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I am on my maiden voyage with it. I am now on season 5 about half way through. It is a pretty compelling production.
I'll be interested to hear if you think the ending does justice to the series as a whole.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
True Detective is a home run for HBO.

Matt is a much better actor than I thought. He's doing award winning stuff here.

D

Deuce

I know practically nobody else on this board cares (still not sure why), but Archer is great again this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
True Detective is a home run for HBO.

Matt is a much better actor than I thought. He's doing award winning stuff here.
McConaughey is absolutely killing it in that show. If you don't get HBO don't watch an episode because you will probably find yourself paying for HBO.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Walking Dead returns Sunday night. :towel

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'll be interested to hear if you think the ending does justice to the series as a whole.
I finished the series and I understand the reason for your question. The finale went the way of Mash, Sienfield, and a few other epic series. It left me with a certain amount of dissatisfaction because it was almost rudely abrupt and with no resolution. I can see some of the motives by the writers but to answer your question, no, the finish was not appropriate especially with the obscure reference to the initials W.W. Frankly I cannot make the connection to what was important to the "clue" other than a memory that it had some reference earlier. Oh well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Lost will always be my favorite, but basically seasons 4-5 dragged on. It was almost like they did not think it would last as long as it did, so they made shit up to fill it out until the end.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lost will always be my favorite, but basically seasons 4-5 dragged on. It was almost like they did not think it would last as long as it did, so they made shit up to fill it out until the end.
That show was an all-timer up until they were like oh, shit...we didn't think it would last this long.

I still remember trying to figure out the Dharma connections and stuff, and when it was all said and done, we got Bobby Ewing in the shower.

Top Bottom