2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No love for Michig.....

Yeah, fuck it. GO FROGS! :towel
I've always had a soft spot for Michigan because I liked them as a kid, and the Big 10 was my favorite conference as a teen growing up in the early to mid 90's.

I hope they get that situation fixed soon, because Michigan needs to be back as a formidable program again.

As for TCU, it's nice seeing a school from the DFW area be good again. If Texas can't have a great season, then I'd like to see a team from back home do well.

Here's to hoping they get into the playoffs.

D

Deuce

I've always had a soft spot for Michigan because I liked them as a kid, and the Big 10 was my favorite conference as a teen growing up in the early to mid 90's.

I hope they get that situation fixed soon, because Michigan needs to be back as a formidable program again.

As for TCU, it's nice seeing a school from the DFW area be good again. If Texas can't have a great season, then I'd like to see a team from back home do well.

Here's to hoping they get into the playoffs.

I think it's gonna be tough for TCU to get in. Unless crazy scenario happens in the SEC, they will get 2 teams. If they don't, they still get one. FSU is basically a lock with the remainder of their schedule, Oregon is as well. Then there's Notre Dame who has a more impressive loss than TCU.

My guess is the final 4 will be Miss St, FSU, Oregon and Alabama.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think it's gonna be tough for TCU to get in. Unless crazy scenario happens in the SEC, they will get 2 teams. If they don't, they still get one. FSU is basically a lock with the remainder of their schedule, Oregon is as well. Then there's Notre Dame who has a more impressive loss than TCU.

Yea, they're gonna need some loss or two in there somewhere from the undefeated teams in order to get in. FSU has gotten so damn lucky all year long, and losing to Louisville would have certainly dropped them out of the top 5.

D

Deuce

Yea, they're gonna need some loss or two in there somewhere from the undefeated teams in order to get in. FSU has gotten so damn lucky all year long, and losing to Louisville would have certainly dropped them out of the top 5.
L'ville, Clemson and NC State all could/should have beaten them.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

The problem with Notre Dame isn't Notre Dame. The issue is that the committee doesn't seem to like them at all. In my opinion, ND is the best one loss team in the country, but the selection committee clearly disagrees given their ranking the Irish 10th. They'll need a shit ton of help to reach the final four given the blatant SEC bias, and Oregon and Michigan State each potentially winning out and winning their respective conference.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If FSU gets in (and by all indication, they will given their remaining schedule), they'll get smoked in the playoffs by any team they go up against.

D

Deuce

If FSU gets in (and by all indication, they will given their remaining schedule), they'll get smoked in the playoffs by any team they go up against.
I agree. They are just way too inconsistent and there are too many teams that can put up a huge amount of points quickly for them to take a half off like they did against Louisville. Oddly enough, I think the only team they could do that and still hang with is the #1 team, Miss State.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone think K State is good enough to compete? I think they are the best ifn the conference currently. They are balanced and play almost mistake free.

D

Deuce

Anyone think K State is good enough to compete? I think they are the best ifn the conference currently. They are balanced and play almost mistake free.
They're a good team, but I'll be suprised if they can win out.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They're a good team, but I'll be suprised if they can win out.
I would like to see them in the mix. They are like Florida State without the mistakes. Solid and not flashy with deceptive speed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Looking forward to that game against TCU.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The Tech - OU game is set for national broadcast.

Why God why?!!!!

Take it off tv and let's pretend TTU doesn't have a team this year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Don't think you have to pretend.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Why God why?!!!!

:lol

That's how I felt about the Red River Shootout, but to my surprise, we kept it respectable.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Why God why?!!!!

Yep. ESPN/ABC at 2:30. Ugh. At least it's an earlier game and I won't have as long of a day that Saturday.

D

Deuce

We should have Cotton do a live tweeting of the game since everyone can follow along.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We should have Cotton do a live tweeting of the game since everyone can follow along.
I would make it through half the first quarter before throwing my phone and ending the live tweet session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom