2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Irving definitely looked good but you can't help but think that 3 FF's in one game is a bit of a fluke. If he was just exploding through linemen, demolishing quarterbacks and forcing fumbles that'd be one thing, but each of the fumbles kind of just came when he stuck his head in there in a scrum and popped the ball out.

It was definitely a great game out of him, I was really optimistic on him in the offseason and think he definitely has a role to play, but I don't think this performance is any kind of indication that he is a long-term answer on the DL.

He's a nice piece as a part of a rotation, maybe a decent starter at some point, and that's probably about it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Unreal game by a relative unknown. :towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
Irving definitely looked good but you can't help but think that 3 FF's in one game is a bit of a fluke. If he was just exploding through linemen, demolishing quarterbacks and forcing fumbles that'd be one thing, but each of the fumbles kind of just came when he stuck his head in there in a scrum and popped the ball out.

It was definitely a great game out of him, I was really optimistic on him in the offseason and think he definitely has a role to play, but I don't think this performance is any kind of indication that he is a long-term answer on the DL.

He's a nice piece as a part of a rotation, maybe a decent starter at some point, and that's probably about it.
DFDC.

No I completely agree with you I have seen him have much better games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting fact, I heard a Bryce Butler interview on XM a day or two ago and he mentioned that Dak actually doesn't drink at all.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Interesting fact, I heard a Bryce Butler interview on XM a day or two ago and he mentioned that Dak actually doesn't drink at all.
If true that sounds like he learned his lesson from the offseason. Major props if that's the case.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Look at how close everybody is covered.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look at how close everybody is covered.
Yeah, excellent coverage all around. The only issue I have is that Wilcox is playing so far back that it's almost like playing with only 10 guys on defense. I can't really remember the scenario though. It may have been a situation where you just absolutely cannot get beat deep.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Hadn't thought about this, but it makes perfect sense as to why Church is having a decent year, so far.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Church will never get two easier picks in his life.
At least he's in the right place.

He also had 2 forced fumbles.

He's not a great player, but the guy is playing well this year. He deserves some props.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Irving definitely looked good but you can't help but think that 3 FF's in one game is a bit of a fluke.
Considering the pathetic takeaway rate last year, 3 in a game is kinda miraculous. That aside, if he continues to improve, and manages more takeaways and sacks along the way, we will all consider him a very nice find. Hes the only Dallas d lineman with both a sack and a FF.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least he's in the right place.

He also had 2 forced fumbles.

He's not a great player, but the guy is playing well this year. He deserves some props.
If he keeps it up he probably will get some probowl pub. I am one of Church's biggest critics but he is doing great in the role we have put him in this year.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Definitely a welcomed attitude for sure.

Him and Dak both.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom