Cowboys could pursue Foles after Kellen Moore suffers broken ankle

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Prescott should get maximum preseason reps but in no way is he ready to play in actual games. Foles more or less sucks but I'd much rather have him play for 2-3 games if Romo gets hurt than Prescott.
With Foles you will see another Cassell/Weedin performance because the coaches will not trust him either. They actually had some confidence in Moore because of his game knowledge and execution. Occasionally he tried to make throws he couldn't but he never lost control of the game intellectually.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Stephen Jones said they are talking to the agent of free agent QB David Dunn.

Who the hell is that?

That was tweeted by Archer. Surely it's a misprint...

dallen

Senior Tech
Stephen Jones said they are talking to the agent of free agent QB David Dunn.

Who the hell is that?
I think David Dunn is an agent

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ok. He changed it and it's suppose to be Nick Foles,

Scratch that. The press release was changed so it was somebody else's screwup.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
With Foles you will see another Cassell/Weedin performance because the coaches will not trust him either. They actually had some confidence in Moore because of his game knowledge and execution. Occasionally he tried to make throws he couldn't but he never lost control of the game intellectually.
Maybe, maybe not.

We see how far their supposed confidence in Moore got them once he played last year. Against Buffalo the running game was very solid, the game was close throughout and Moore could not make a single play to save his life. He had a big statistical game against the Redskins but that was only after we were down by about 3 TD's against a team preparing for the playoffs.

There are no good options really, and if Moore was healthy I'd be ambivalent regarding Foles, but with him basically gone for the season it is inarguable that Foles is a better option than Prescott.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cowboys executive Vice President Stephen Jones said the team has had talks with the agent for free agent quarterback Nick Foles as they look to replace Kellen Moore, who is scheduled for ankle surgery. The Cowboys have other options they are pursuing as well via potential trade. Jones said the goal is to have a replacement sooner rather than later but they want to get the decision right.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'm not big on trading a pick for a backup QB. Regardless of whoever ends up at the position, Dallas is probably screwed if whatever schmuck it ends up being sees extensive playing time if Romo goes down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not big on trading a pick for a backup QB. Regardless of whoever ends up at the position, Dallas is probably screwed if whatever schmuck it ends up being sees extensive playing time if Romo goes down.
Unless an NFL team wants to part with a talented young QB they have sitting in the wings, I'm not interested at all. You don't trade picks for guys like Cassel.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Unless an NFL team wants to part with a talented young QB they have sitting in the wings, I'm not interested at all. You don't trade picks for guys like Cassel.
I can see Dallas trading a seventh for someone like McCown.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I can see Dallas trading a seventh for someone like McCown.

Fuck that.....I'd rather roll the dice with Foles. At least the guy has a big arm.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Michael Vick hopes to hear from the Cowboys

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 3, 2016, 6:41 PM EDT

The Cowboys have a need at backup quarterback. Michael Vick needs a job. Perhaps the two can get together.

Shortly after Cowboys backup quarterback Kellen Moore was hurt at practice on Wednesday, Vick told Josina Anderson of ESPN that he’d be interested in hearing from the Cowboys and would be ready to work as Tony Romo’s backup.

Vick told Anderson that he’s in great shape — better shape than he was in last season as a backup with the Steelers — and believes he still has something left.

“I just want to put the helmet on one more time and dedicate myself to football,” Vick said.

Perhaps that helmet will have a star on it.
----------

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
LOL

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not just no, but hell no. For free I may be interested but don't trade picks for a 37 year old QB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd take McCown over Foles in terms of straight up ability at this point but there is no way I'd give up a pick for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Foles is going to Kansas City.

So it looks like a trade.

No way we get raped with Jerry at the helm.

Knowing the special kind of stupid we are, it will probably be for Shaun Hill or something.

dallen

Senior Tech
Do you guys think Houston would trade us Brandon Weeden?

dallen

Senior Tech
At this point I think the smart move is to sign an additional arm for camp and just go with Dak and Showers. Moore should be back in time for the playoffs!

Top Bottom