2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Trump repeated a lady from the crowd and called Cruz a pussy at a rally last night. :lol

Props to him for remaining unfiltered throughout this process, but he is absolutely nuts. I'm sure he'll skate from this as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trump repeated a lady from the crowd and called Cruz a pussy at a rally last night. :lol

Props to him for remaining unfiltered throughout this process, but he is absolutely nuts. I'm sure he'll skate from this as well.
He is all about shock value. Most of the candidates are this year but Trump takes it to a whole different level.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Don't know how Trump continues to lead in the polls. I like Rubio other than his crazy militarism.

He was originally part of that Ron Paul tea party era without the racist craziness. But I don't like how he's turned so mainstream on defense.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Looks like Rubio screwed himself with his malfunctioning robot Obama answers for every Christie attack in that debate.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am glad to see Kacish making some headway. I think he is probably the best qualified candidate in the race.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Is it any wonder why this election is what it is now and Trump rules.

Remember this stuff from 2009.

Good time man, good times.:lol

Parents ask to excuse kids from Obama speech
Some object to Obama speech to students

By Gary Scharrer and Ericka Mellon Published 5:30 am, Wednesday, September 2, 2009

AUSTIN — Some Texas parents are asking school principals to excuse their children from listening to a speech that President Obama will make to schools next week on the grounds that it smacks of political indoctrination.

Obama will deliver an address directly to students on the importance of education beginning at 11 a.m. (CST) Tuesday.

“The President will challenge students to work hard, set educational goals, and take responsibility for their learning,” Secretary of Education Arne Duncan wrote in an Aug. 26 letter to school principals.

Critics of the president are using the Internet to build opposition and to encourage parents to request their children not be forced to listen.

“I think it's inappropriate because it smacks of political indoctrination of the worst kind,” said Brett Curtis, a parent of two children attending Pearland Independent School District schools. “It's not just a speech. It's a specific curriculum to go along with the speech directly from the president of the United States without review.”

Schools are getting a menu of classroom activities for students, according to the education secretary, designed by teachers “to help engage students and stimulate discussion on the importance of education in their lives.”

But superintendents and school boards had no role in developing the activities, Curtis said.

“It just seems to me that the federal government should not have that kind of influence on our school districts and the education of our children,” he said.

Curtis said he would instruct his children to boycott the speech as “a general protest. I know that's going on around the country.”

Local school districts will decide whether their students participate.

“It is not uncommon for students to watch a presidential speech that is given during the school day,” said Debbie Ratcliffe, spokeswoman for the Texas Education Agency. “This situation is somewhat different in that this speech apparently will be directed to students. But each district can decide how best to handle it for their community.”

State Board of Education member David Bradley, R-Beaumont, defines the dispute as a “turf issue” and objects to the U.S. Department of Education taking classroom time away from local schools. The speech might be innocuous, Bradley said, “but look at the follow-up activities.”

“Under Texas statute, parents have the right to review all instructional materials. They also have the right to opt out their kids from any program they might object to,” Bradley said, citing sex education as an example.

State Board member Barbara Cargill, R-The Woodlands, said parents are complaining to her about the speech taking up valuable and precious instruction time.

One parent told her Obama's speech does not allow for healthy debate. It simply “obligates the youngest children in our public school system to agree with Obama's initiatives or be ostracized by their teachers and classmates.”

Others defend the president's interaction with children.

“It's hard to imagine anything more ridiculous than attacking the president of the United States for talking to students about the importance of getting a good education and being a good citizen,” said Kathy Miller, president of the Texas Freedom Network, which monitors public education in Texas.

“I wish our elected leaders were responsible enough to denounce this kind of wild-eyed paranoia. But the problem is, too many of them are actually feeding this kind of nonsense – like when the governor flirts with secessionists and State Board of Education members say the President sympathizes with terrorists,” Miller said.

Sen. Dan Patrick, R-Houston, also objects to the president's speech to schoolchildren.

“President Bush believed that no child should be left behind. President Obama apparently believes no voter should be left behind, no matter how young,” Patrick said. “This seems more of an extended campaign for himself, as opposed to focusing on the important issue of education.”

Todd Hickman said he already has informed the principal of his seventh-grade son in the Lumberton Independent School District in East Texas to excuse his child from the speech.

“I am the parent of my child. If I want to have a discussion with my child on any political issue or any in regards to what my child needs to do with their life and how people will interact with society and contribute to society, that's something I want to be able to do with my child,” Hickman said.

In 1989, President George H.W. Bush used a nationally televised speech to schoolchildren to push an anti-drug campaign. He urged young people to stop using drugs.

Hickman noted that he did not have children 20 years ago, but would have objected to Bush's speech to school children on the same grounds that he opposes Obama's address.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Christie just dropped out. You knew it was only a matter of time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bernie Sanders. Clinton.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Jiggyfly

Banned
St. John's University student threatens to smash woman's laptop featuring Donald Trump sticker if photo gets 7K retweets, dust-up ensues
BY DENIS SLATTERY NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Updated: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 6:46 PM A A A

Talk about a hot-button issue.

Trouble was brewing over a Donald Trump sticker Wednesday on the Queens campus of St. John’s University.

A student at the private college had a cup of green tea tossed in his face after he threatened on Twitter to smash a classmate’s computer because of her allegiance to the GOP front-runner.

Clifford Durand, 18, posted a photo of an unsuspecting fellow student with a “Trump Make America Great Again” sticker on her laptop and asked his followers to share the image.

“7000 retweets and i’ll smash this b***h’s computer,” Durand wrote in the post, which his friends claimed was a joke.

The picture was retweeted more than 16,000 times within four hours of being posted online.

When 20-year-old Trump supporter Brianna Algazali was told that her picture was going viral she complained to the school’s public safety office and confronted Durand.

Several witnesses at the Fresh Meadows campus watched as the heated Trump backer threw her Matcha water on Durand.

“She raised her voice and she threw her drink on him,” a friend of Durand told the Daily News. “He looked like he was in shock. I went towards him to hold him back.”

Some students present claimed that Durand struck Algazali after he was hit with the hot beverage. He admitted as much in one of dozens of tweets he sent before his account was suspended by the social media giant.

“SHE THREW HER STARBUCKS AT ME AFTER CUSSING ME OUT AND SHE GOT SHOVED IN THE NECK,” Durand tweeted after the Trump-induced dust-up.

"She asked him to take down the post and he said ‘make me,' " another student said.

Clifford Durand threatened to smash the student's computer in what his friends say was a prank. The tweet took the Internet by storm.

Clifford Durand threatened to smash the student's computer in what his friends say was a prank. The tweet took the Internet by storm.

It was unclear if there were any injuries related to the confrontation, though the school admitted it was aware of the Trump-emonium.

The NYPD said they weren’t involved in the case.

"Safety is the top priority at St. John’s University. We are aware of an incident that occurred earlier today on campus and it is being addressed,” a representative for the school told The News. “Any student in violation of our Code of Conduct is subject to our conduct process.”

The school also took to Twitter to address the issue.

“Thank you everyone who reported the incident to us. This type of behavior will not be tolerated. Public Safety is handling the situation,” the post read.

Algazali declined to elaborate on what took place at the school.

“St. John is handling it right now I don't want to say anything,” Algazali said. "They're handling it the best they can, but I fear for my safety."

Meanwhile, Durand’s Twitter page was flooded with comments and threats from Trump supporters before it was suspended.

“lmaoooo when i say i was gonna beat her up?” he responded to one commenter who accused him of threatening women.

“i threatened her computer, so how bout you eat a d***?” he wrote back to another.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Rubio should be added to the lunatic pile too. Anyone who can defend Dubya's foreign policy should actually be committed.
I think there are plenty of conservatives that would agree with Trump about the Iraq war. I certainly do.

townsend

Banned
I think there are plenty of conservatives that would agree with Trump about the Iraq war. I certainly do.
it seems to me opposition to the war in Iraq should have been the default stance of conservatism. Which really points to the fatal flaw of Bush's Republican congress who damn near unanimously approved it.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
it seems to me opposition to the war in Iraq should have been the default stance of conservatism. Which really points to the fatal flaw of Bush's Republican congress who damn near unanimously approved it.
PNAC-types were fairly successful at conflating "anti-Iraq" with "anti-troops" at the time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
At the time it was approved the intelligence was possibly skewed and there was a lets punch someone in the nose sentiment. The country and Congress were somewhat united but after a while it became known that the intelligence information was no longer reliable. It was at this point that it should have been considered what will be the fallout from continued invasion and taking thee controls off the tribal sects. That is where I began to get totally disenfranchised with the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom