Every Randle running play 2015 (All 22)

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jones never made the cuts that Randle makes, I don't see it at all.

And where do you see him running into the linemen backs?
The very first play of that video he runs into the back of a lineman. He keeps his feet, but he did run right into the back of Tyron.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The very first play of that video he runs into the back of a lineman. He keeps his feet, but he did run right into the back of Tyron.
Really?

If that's what you want to take away from that play then go right ahead.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He generally gets what is blocked, although there were a few plays where he did a nice job of eluding a defender who got early penetration into the backfield and turning a potential loss or no gain into a few yards.

After watching that he looks a bit better than I remember, but I hope we aren't seeing him at his peak because he's so rested. The counterargument of course is that he could look better if he is getting consistent carries and can work himself into a rhythm. Another argument is that he was running against tired defenses but there were also alot of stacked boxes that he made some decent runs against there.

The guy can probably give us a solid 1000-1100 or so yards on about 250 carries, which is only about 15 or so carries a game. I just don't want to have to count on him to tote it 25 times a game over 16 games, and God knows we can't trust McFadden for shit considering he's already hurt despite not taking a single rep in training camp.

If we went out and got a guy like Chris Johnson to split carries with Randle I'd feel pretty good, not great, but it'd be passable until we can upgrade the position next offseason.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He generally gets what is blocked, although there were a few plays where he did a nice job of eluding a defender who got early penetration into the backfield and turning a potential loss or no gain into a few yards.

After watching that he looks a bit better than I remember, but I hope we aren't seeing him at his peak because he's so rested. The counterargument of course is that he could look better if he is getting consistent carries and can work himself into a rhythm. Another argument is that he was running against tired defenses but there were also alot of stacked boxes that he made some decent runs against there.

The guy can probably give us a solid 1000-1100 or so yards on about 250 carries, which is only about 15 or so carries a game. I just don't want to have to count on him to tote it 25 times a game over 16 games, and God knows we can't trust McFadden for shit considering he's already hurt despite not taking a single rep in training camp.

If we went out and got a guy like Chris Johnson to split carries with Randle I'd feel pretty good, not great, but it'd be passable until we can upgrade the position next offseason.
I think you summed it up pretty well, I can see him being a 1200 yard back behind this line but the question is can he be effective in crunchtime.

I am pretty sure another back will be on the roster once the season starts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
~wet fart~

He got the most carries all year against Indianapolis and he sucked out loud.

They need to keep him out of getting the bulk of the carries.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
~wet fart~

Too late now.

Jiggyfly

Banned
~wet fart~

So none of that had to do with the constant penetration Indy got or the stacked boxes.

And oh by the way Murray averaged 2.6 yards against Indy on double the carries.

So why is that game an indictment of Randle?

townsend

Banned
Jones never made the cuts that Randle makes
He absolutely did, and he did a lot more of them. I wanted to search through Jones highlight reels, and there are some good examples of him making cuts in the highlight films, but I can't bring myself to repost some douche's 10 year old DMX soundtracked Dallas Cowboys wank off video.

Jones was a mediocre rusher that had some really good games, I think that's about as much as you can expect from Randle. And really all you need from him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jones made cuts and even one poster here said he they Barry Sanders like cuts.

Not naming names, though.....

Jiggyfly

Banned
He absolutely did, and he did a lot more of them. I wanted to search through Jones highlight reels, and there are some good examples of him making cuts in the highlight films, but I can't bring myself to repost some douche's 10 year old DMX soundtracked Dallas Cowboys wank off video.

Jones was a mediocre rusher that had some really good games, I think that's about as much as you can expect from Randle. And really all you need from him.
Jones was never good in traffic like Randle.

But we will see how this shakes out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jiggy was probably one of those dumb asses that thought Julius Jones had the mind to be a good player.

A lot more of this game is mental and I don't get why people don't get that.

Running fast, jumping high, etc. is great. But the player has to handle all the mental stuff and I think when players that test well athletically end up failing, it is between their ears.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

townsend

Banned
I think it is pretty scary you bothered to research Julius Jones' production.

And then decided, hey, let me take his waning career in Seattle to try to prove my point.
All of the Dallas highlights were done by sooper fans with early oughtn't hip hop in the

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
All of the Dallas highlights were done by sooper fans with early oughtn't hip hop in the

See what researching Julius Jones does to you.

townsend

Banned
I think it is pretty scary you bothered to research Julius Jones' production.

And then decided, hey, let me take his waning career in Seattle to try to prove my point.
All of the Dallas highlights were done by sooper fans with early oughts hip hop in the back ground. The Seahawks highlight was the easiest way to make my point without having to wade through more fan vids by CowBoyzrule47.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jiggy was probably one of those dumb asses that thought Julius Jones had the mind to be a good player.

A lot more of this game is mental and I don't get why people don't get that.

Running fast, jumping high, etc. is great. But the player has to handle all the mental stuff and I think when players that test well athletically end up failing, it is between their ears.
Why do you keep trying to tie me to shit that I have never done.

I was never a fan of Jones and how you got that from this thread is mind boggling.

My player evaluations have been pretty good, you are the guy that hates a pick and then ends up looking foolish.

We all remember your epic Bryant rants.:lol

Top Bottom