Most dominant athletes of the last 25 years

D

Deuce

Neither had a ton of competition throughout some years, but Lennox Lewis and Money Mayweather have displayed dominance over a long period of time.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It seems like it is tough to define those players in football.

For college football how bout Vince Young?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It seems like it is tough to define those players in football.

For college football how bout Vince Young?
Vince didn't really dominant college football. He did have an outstanding game with an overrated Southern Cal. I am sure some will disagree.

Carl

RIP Brother
Serena

Tiger

Bolt

Bonds

NFL - ?

I'm just throwing names out there. Who do you have?
I think Steffi beats Serena on Grass and Clay; and they split the other matches. Steffi is the better tennis player.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's ludicrous.
See. I told you some would disagree. Texas only won the conference once while he was QB and lost one of three post season bowl games. That's hardly dominating.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Vince didn't really dominant college football. He did have an outstanding game with an overrated Southern Cal. I am sure some will disagree.
That was a great USC team. Leinart and Bush are alltimers on the college level.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That was a great USC team. Leinart and Bush are alltimers on the college level.
They were overrated during Leinart' s senior year and the Texas team proved it. It was the catalyst for Young going pro.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If I had to do a Rushmore of most dominant over the last 25 years

Michael Jordan (Simply the gold standard. No need to explain)

Albert Pujols (The fact that he's avg'd 25 HR, 91 RBIs, .271 over the last 3 yrs and those are considered "down" years tell you just how dominant he was)

Tiger Woods (As many have said, between 2000 - 2006 Woods was so good that he'd often have tournaments wrapped up on Friday)

Serena Williams (Probably the most physically gifted tennis player to play the sport. I've never seen a female player dominate like her well into her 30s)

** If it weren't for him being linked to PEDs Bonds would definitely be on my list.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Albert Pujols (The fact that he's avg'd 25 HR, 91 RBIs, .271 over the last 3 yrs and those are considered "down" years tell you just how dominant he was)

Tiger Woods (As many have said, between 2000 - 2006 Woods was so good that he'd often have tournaments wrapped up on Friday)

Serena Williams (Probably the most physically gifted tennis player to play the sport. I've never seen a female player dominate like her well into her 30s)

** If it weren't for him being linked to PEDs Bonds would definitely be on my list.
Jordan's domination period is mostly out of the 25 Year period.. I agree with Woods and Williams but I don't follow baseball that close to know about it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Jordan's domination period is mostly out of the 25 Year period.. I agree with Woods and Williams but I don't follow baseball that close to know about it.
I would throw in Mayweather as well.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jordan won all of his titles between 1990 - 1998. That's within 25 years.

He scored more points per game back in the 80s but he was in his prime in the 90s.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They were overrated during Leinart' s senior year and the Texas team proved it. It was the catalyst for Young going pro.
In his Jr and Sr seasons they won 28 straight, the only loss was to Texas...in one of the best college football games ever. They were far from overrated.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Texas team proved USC was overrated by beating USC on a last minute drive. Silly talk.

Top Bottom