2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not much more to know about it. He claimed on Twitter:

"In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally"
I'm not even saying he isn't right, but what the hell is the point of continuing to talk about it. Jesus, the guy won, just move on now. I'd expect sour grapes from the losers but to hear sour grapes from the winner is even worse.

Worry about preventing voter fraud next election Mr. Trump.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It may be inappropriate but there is little anyone can do about it. This however, seems to have started out as an effort to pigeon hole and mitigate my comments regarding why Trump has no legal duty to disclose his tax returns.
I think it is definitely inappropriate and while there is "little anyone can do about it" (except take away his personal access to Twitter, which absolutely must be done once he is in office, IMO), I think it is just another example of the pettiness and lack of discretion we can expect from this man going forward. It has nothing to do with the tax return discussion but by all means believe what you want to believe.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do we really even need this thread anymore?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'm not even saying he isn't right, but what the hell is the point of continuing to talk about it. Jesus, the guy won, just move on now. I'd expect sour grapes from the losers but to hear sour grapes from the winner is even worse.

Worry about preventing voter fraud next election Mr. Trump.
That is my point. It just further illustrates what kind of a man Trump is. So unnecessary and petty to make sweeping allegations like that without anything to back them up. I think it is going to be critical that his Twitter access be completely revoked and run by a staffer once he is in office. He does not have the ability to filter himself so someone else is going to have to do it for him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think it is definitely inappropriate and while there is "little anyone can do about it" (except take away his personal access to Twitter, which absolutely must be done once he is in office, IMO), I think it is just another example of the pettiness and lack of discretion we can expect from this man going forward. It has nothing to do with the tax return discussion but by all means believe what you want to believe.
You are entitled to think it inappropriate. It would seem however that this should be addressed to someone in his staff since there is little I can do about it. This is the reason I felt like by you addressing me with it was a measure to try to make me appear foolish.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
What confuses me is that LT said he didn't like Trump, but he would vote for Satan himself before voting for Hillary.
Well Trump won, Hillary is no longer a threat I would think if he wasn't your candidate to begin with, now you'd try and hold him accountable, yet LT seems to defend him at all costs.
If I had to choose between the lesser of two evils, I'd defend my choice, but once my choice won I would hold him accountable and point out what he needs to do to proof he was the lesser one...

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
You are entitled to think it inappropriate. It would seem however that this should be addressed to someone in his staff since there is little I can do about it. This is the reason I felt like by you addressing me with it was a measure to try to make me appear foolish.
I asked for your opinion because you are the most dogged Trump defender on here and I wanted to know what someone on the other side of things thought about these comments. It wasn't about trying to make you look foolish, but I am not the least bit surprised that is where you went with it.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I asked for your opinion because you are the most dogged Trump defender on here and I wanted to know what someone on the other side of things thought about these comments. It wasn't about trying to make you look foolish, but I am not the least bit surprised that is where you went with it.
Was there any answer I could have said that satisfied your inquiry other than a detrimental description of Trump?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What confuses me is that LT said he didn't like Trump, but he would vote for Satan himself before voting for Hillary.
Well Trump won, Hillary is no longer a threat I would think if he wasn't your candidate to begin with, now you'd try and hold him accountable, yet LT seems to defend him at all costs.
If I had to choose between the lesser of two evils, I'd defend my choice, but once my choice won I would hold him accountable and point out what he needs to do to proof he was the lesser one...
My defense of Trump was the dialogue about his tax returns. He has a legal right to keep his returns confidential. So does every other individual in the USA. This doesn't seem to be a vile position so I don't see what the consternation is. I indicated I would comment on anything that was a crap allegation and this happened to be one.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Was there any answer I could have said that satisfied your inquiry other than a detrimental description of Trump?
Something straightforward and definitive is all it takes to satisfy my inquiry. That doesn't mean I am going to agree with it or accept any answer without comment of course, but that is why we have discussion isn't it?

Regarding:

It would seem however that this should be addressed to someone in his staff since there is little I can do about it.
If I ask you "What do you think about the Cowboys taking Jaylon Smith when Myles Jack was still on the board?" are you going to suggest I direct the question to Jerry Jones because there is nothing you can do about it? If we can't ask the opinions of other posters then what are we doing here?

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
If it is untrue then it is inappropriate. Can anyone make that determination with certainty?
:lol

You make determinations without certainty all the time, the latest being that Trump has done nothing wrong.

I mean settling a fraud case means he would be on the up and up about everything right?

And let's not even mention him admitting to doing shady stuff in the charity recently to the IRS.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Something straightforward and definitive is all it takes to satisfy my inquiry. That doesn't mean I am going to agree with it or accept any answer without comment of course, but that is why we have discussion isn't it?

Regarding: "It seems however that this should be addressed to someone in his staff since there is little I can do about it". If I ask you "What do you think about the Cowboys taking Jalen Ramsey when Myles Jack was still on the board?" are you going to suggest I direct the question to Jerry Jones because there is nothing you can do about it? If we can't ask the opinions of other posters then what are we doing here?
Ed is this dialogue going anywhere except you venting about Trump. I can appreciate you are having a hard time trying to deal with him winning the election but I don't understand why you feel the need to try to go after someone by giving them the third degree about your frustrations. Trump is my President now and like it or no he is yours too. We obviously disagree about some things but I will continue to address issues that I think are bogus pertaining to Trump. If he does or says stupid things then so be it but that will likely occur for sometime now.

If however out and out erroneous stories are posted to the site like the one that called him out for not submitting tax returns to the ethics transition group, then I will challenge it. If for no other reason than it is incorrect. If you see that as supporting him fine but it will garner my attention. That's where I stand and if my position about matters such as this brings out your ire then that's just the way it goes. It's not personal with me and I hope you are of the same persuasion.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ed is this dialogue going anywhere except you venting about Trump. I can appreciate you are having a hard time trying to deal with him winning the election but I don't understand why you feel the need to try to go after someone by giving them the third degree about your frustrations. Trump is my President now and like it or no he is yours too. We obviously disagree about some things but I will continue to address issues that I think are bogus pertaining to Trump. If he does or says stupid things then so be it but that will likely occur for sometime now.

If however out and out erroneous stories are posted to the site like the one that called him out for not submitting tax returns to the ethics transition group, then I will challenge it. If for no other reason than it is incorrect. If you see that as supporting him fine but it will garner my attention. That's where I stand and if my position about matters such as this brings out your ire then that's just the way it goes. It's not personal with me and I hope you are of the same persuasion.
:lol

You really have no shame.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

You think I was giving you 'the third degree'? :lol. My god man, don't be so sensitive. Was I venting about Trump? Sure. Does that somehow make me different than any other random person on this board, including you, about whatever random topic we are discussing? IMO as much as I am venting you are attempting to deflect and downplay pretty much any criticism of Donald Trump. That is fine. That is who you are. But be careful about accusing others of having an agenda, at risk of being hypocritical. This is not personal from my side either but maybe try loosening up on the persecution complex a little. In no way was this a personal attack on you.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You think I was giving you 'the third degree'? :lol. My god man, don't be so sensitive. Was I venting about Trump? Sure. Does that somehow make me different than any other random person on this board, including you, about whatever random topic we are discussing? IMO as much as I am venting you are attempting to deflect and downplay pretty much any criticism of Donald Trump. That is fine. That is who you are. But be careful about accusing others of having an agenda, at risk of being hypocritical. This is not personal from my side either but maybe try loosening up on the persecution complex a little. In no way was this a personal attack on you.
So we finish with a lecture. Nice.

townsend

Banned
Losing makes Whiners and Whiners gonna whine.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Breaking news. He didn't lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom