NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oh man, Rose traded to the Knicks. Simp sheds a tear.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Indiana Pacers have acquired point guard Jeff Teague from the Atlanta Hawks in a three-way deal also involving the Utah Jazz, The Vertical reports.

The Pacers will reportedly send point guard George Hill to the Jazz as part of the trade. The Jazz will send the No. 12 pick to the Hawks.

Teague, 28 averaged 15.7 points and 5.9 assists per game last season. The deal likely clears the way for Dennis Schröder to assume a starting role in Atlanta. The Vertical reports that Indiana plans to sign Teague to an extension.

Hill, 30, posted 12.1 points per game and shot 40.8% from three in 2015-16. The Jazz deployed the tandem of Trey Burke and Shelvin Mack at point guard down the stretch last season and return 2014 lottery pick Dante Exum to the fold from injury this season.

The Hawks also hold picks No. 21, 44 and 54 in Thursday’s draft.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/22/jeff-teague-trade-pacers-hawks-jazz-three-way-deal-george-hill

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Indiana Pacers have acquired point guard Jeff Teague from the Atlanta Hawks in a three-way deal also involving the Utah Jazz, The Vertical reports.

The Pacers will reportedly send point guard George Hill to the Jazz as part of the trade. The Jazz will send the No. 12 pick to the Hawks.

Teague, 28 averaged 15.7 points and 5.9 assists per game last season. The deal likely clears the way for Dennis Schröder to assume a starting role in Atlanta. The Vertical reports that Indiana plans to sign Teague to an extension.

Hill, 30, posted 12.1 points per game and shot 40.8% from three in 2015-16. The Jazz deployed the tandem of Trey Burke and Shelvin Mack at point guard down the stretch last season and return 2014 lottery pick Dante Exum to the fold from injury this season.

The Hawks also hold picks No. 21, 44 and 54 in Thursday’s draft.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/22/jeff-teague-trade-pacers-hawks-jazz-three-way-deal-george-hill
:towel

:nottheSixers

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rose is done mentally, he still shows flashes and athletically I don't think he's far off from where he was before the injuries but his head and heart aren't in it, that hunger that drove him his first few years is gone. Maybe getting traded will re-ignite the fire but that wasn't going to happen in Chicago, nor was his ego willing to accept that Butler had become a better player and that he should accept a lesser role.

It's tragic for sure, he is this generation's Penny, but there's nothing that can be done about it now.

Unfortunately the Bulls are still a completely shit organization with or without Rose.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Rose might be done but this return for him seems worse than actually having him. Can someone explain the benefit?

D

Deuce

Rose might be done but this return for him seems worse than actually having him. Can someone explain the benefit?
Cap relief was my only guess when I saw the details. Regardless of how effective he is now compared to before, this still makes little sense. This type of move tells me they have Hinkie as a consultant or something.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Lopez is a legit starting center and is on a very affordable deal considering what's coming down the pike. He isn't someone you build around obviously but he gives you size, rebounding, defense and energy, kind of a poor man's Noah, and he's only making about 13 mil a year, which is probably equivalent to about 8-9 just a few years ago considering how much salaries have gone up.

Calderon is filler and I guess Grant is a flier because he was a 1st rounder. I liked him coming out but he didn't show much of anything last year.

This trade is primarily about getting rid of Rose and giving Butler the keys to the franchise, as well as getting a solid starting center who can make up for some of Mirotic/McDermott's deficiencies. Losing Gasol/Noah would mean they'd have to overpay for a center, this gives them a reasonably young, decent starting center for not too much.

As far as the long term goals, I don't think they have any coherent plan. From what I can tell all they're going to try to do is settle in as a mid-tier playoff team, guaranteeing playoff revenue without having to go overboard with salaries in pursuit of a title. Forman/Paxson will do whatever they can to save their asses by selling half-assed plans built around future cap flexibility and the promise of whatever pipedream free agents are available in 2017, 2018, etc.

I don't think anything they do will really move the needle until the front office is cleared out and a new organizational philosophy is established.

Genghis Khan

LegionNBA
LegionNBA – ‏@MySportsLegion

76ers have offered Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens Noel to the Celtics for the 3rd overall pick. Boston has declined thus far. (ESPN)
6:55 AM - 22 Jun 2016
1,211 RETWEETS961 LIKES

Jiggyfly

Banned
NBA Rumor Central: 76ers actively shopping Jahlil Okafor, Nerlens Noel, others

5:54 PM CT
John Wilmhoff

The Philadelphia 76ers are in active trade discussions with "five, six, or seven" teams, while continuing casual conversations with roughly another 10, president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo told reporters Tuesday. Among those teams may be the Boston Celtics, according to CSN New England.

Rumor CentralThe 76ers are specifically interested in dealing Nerlens Noel or Jahlil Okafor for a top-8 pick in Thursday's NBA draft, per Philadelphia Magazine. "We would like to, and I’ve been pretty consistent about that. If it becomes available we’ll certainly do that," Colangelo said about trading for another pick. "We’ve kind of identified about 6 or 7 players that we would like to see [in Philadelphia]."

Providence point guard Kris Dunn figures to be among the draft prospects on the 76ers' radar if the team acquires another pick, CSN New England speculates. According to Colangelo, the team is trying to figure out what to do with its crowded frontcourt featuring Okafor, Noel and Joel Embiid. "We’re still working on that every day. We’re not going to make a bad deal, so we’re going to do everything we can to make the right choice if we decide to ultimately move one," Colangelo said. "We’ll try to make the right deal for the organization."

Kevin Pelton names the 76ers as one of six teams that could benefit from acquiring one of the Celtics' eight selections. Pelton proposes that the 76ers should move Okafor and Robert Covington to the Celtics for the No. 3 pick and guard R.J. Hunter.

"The Celtics make the most sense of any realistic destination for Okafor," Pelton writes. "Boston could use Okafor's ability to efficiently create his own shot, and in the short term Amir Johnson is a good frontcourt partner because Johnson can defend power forwards while playing on the perimeter."

Amin Elhassan, on the other hand, says he would not trade for Okafor but discusses other options for the Celtics.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Lopez is a legit starting center and is on a very affordable deal considering what's coming down the pike. He isn't someone you build around obviously but he gives you size, rebounding, defense and energy, kind of a poor man's Noah, and he's only making about 13 mil a year, which is probably equivalent to about 8-9 just a few years ago considering how much salaries have gone up.

Calderon is filler and I guess Grant is a flier because he was a 1st rounder. I liked him coming out but he didn't show much of anything last year.

This trade is primarily about getting rid of Rose and giving Butler the keys to the franchise, as well as getting a solid starting center who can make up for some of Mirotic/McDermott's deficiencies. Losing Gasol/Noah would mean they'd have to overpay for a center, this gives them a reasonably young, decent starting center for not too much.

As far as the long term goals, I don't think they have any coherent plan. From what I can tell all they're going to try to do is settle in as a mid-tier playoff team, guaranteeing playoff revenue without having to go overboard with salaries in pursuit of a title. Forman/Paxson will do whatever they can to save their asses by selling half-assed plans built around future cap flexibility and the promise of whatever pipedream free agents are available in 2017, 2018, etc.

I don't think anything they do will really move the needle until the front office is cleared out and a new organizational philosophy is established.
Thry couldn't get a future first out of the deal though? Lame.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Thry couldn't get a future first out of the deal though? Lame.
Yea, doesn't seem like there was much of a market for him though.

As far as tonight, I'd be happy with Deyonta Davis, Malik Beasley, Baldwin, Sabonis or Murray. Knowing these fools they'll take Valentine and his bum knee.

Genghis Khan

My prediction: Okafor to Phoenix for #4 and Bledsoe. Sixers take Dunn (or Murray if Dunn is gone).

Genghis Khan

Cap relief was my only guess when I saw the details. Regardless of how effective he is now compared to before, this still makes little sense. This type of move tells me they have Hinkie as a consultant or something.

I have to defend my guy. Hinkie would never have made that deal. Hell, he got more in return for Jrue Holliday and Michael Carter Williams.

This was more like Chris Weber to the Sixers or Iverson to Denver. I believe that was Billy King?

Jiggyfly

Banned

Genghis Khan

#4 and Bledsoe?

I think that is crazy for Phoenix.

I think Bledsoe and a 2nd is about right.
Bledsoe played about 30 games last year and is a pretty big injury risk. That would be crazy for Philly.

Maybe some tweeks can be made but I think overall it makes sense for both teams. Phoenix supposedly wants to trade either Bledsoe or Knight, wants to trade the 4th, and wants a big. Philly wants Dunn and a veteran.

That said, the rumored 3 way deal with Philly, Boston and Denver is probably way more likely because the Sixers want the third pick to ensure they get Dunn. They'd also get Young from Boston. Denver would get Bradley. Boston would get Okafor and someone else whom I'm forgetting.

Genghis Khan

24 & 26 are also on the market. I guess this speaks to how weak this class is.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Bledsoe played about 30 games last year and is a pretty big injury risk. That would be crazy for Philly.

Maybe some tweeks can be made but I think overall it makes sense for both teams. Phoenix supposedly wants to trade either Bledsoe or Knight, wants to trade the 4th, and wants a big. Philly wants Dunn and a veteran.

That said, the rumored 3 way deal with Philly, Boston and Denver is probably way more likely because the Sixers want the third pick to ensure they get Dunn. They'd also get Young from Boston. Denver would get Bradley. Boston would get Okafor and someone else whom I'm forgetting.
Didn't realize Bledsoe missed that many games.

Top Bottom